List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Dirty Soap - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Dirty Soap Forum :: Nadia's Mom... ugh

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nadia's Mom... ugh

Started by chychy65 at 2011/10/10 07:14AM
    Latest post: 2011/11/17 03:17PM, Views: 8158, Replies: 24
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2011/10/10 07:14AM
    Nadia's Mom... ugh
    chychy65

I know you want the best for your daughter, but she acts like Brandon is some type of drug addicted abuser or something...

And to his credit, he is trying... things dont happen overnight... Lord she is a trip.

#2   2011/10/10 01:53PM
    Re: Nadia's Mom... ugh
    enad19

Quote chychy65: I know you want the best for your daughter, but she acts like Brandon is some type of drug addicted abuser or something...

And to his credit, he is trying... things dont happen overnight... Lord she is a trip.

As I was thinking, I was thinking that heaven's she must be exaggerating for the camera's because no one should speak to a hardworking, respectful person that way. Brandon has the patience of Job not to talk back to this shrew. However, Brandon should stand up for himself and demand that she speaks to him with respect and Nadia should also speak to her mother about the way she treats her boyfriend of five years. If my mom should lose her mind and speak to my husband that way, I would have to step in and say something.

#3   2011/10/10 10:48PM
    mulan2

she is a little hard to take. reminds me of a gypsy, no offense

#4   2011/10/14 12:02PM
    levann

Quote enad19:
    Quote chychy65: I know you want the best for your daughter, but she acts like Brandon is some type of drug addicted abuser or something...

As I was thinking, I was thinking that heaven's she must be exaggerating for the camera's because no one should speak to a hardworking, respectful person that way. Brandon has the patience of Job not to talk back to this shrew. However, Brandon should stand up for himself and demand that she speaks to him with respect and Nadia should also speak to her mother about the way she treats her boyfriend of five years. If my mom should lose her mind and speak to my husband that way, I would have to step in and say something.

Yes, she would speak to him in that way. She is old school Armenian. They believe in marriage. The fact that Nadja and Brandon live together sans marriage is all she needs to know before calling him out and telling him that he is not a gentleman. She's basically telling her daughter that she's stupid and that is what she thinks. She's harsh but this isn't surprising to me because of the vast cultural differences involved.

#5   2011/10/16 10:18PM
    jilltidwell

Quote enad19:

I agree. I can't believe she had the nerve to speak that way about her daughter's boyfriend in front of him in their house.

#6   2011/10/17 08:33AM
    4tamic

I don't care what your ethnic background is or what generation you're from. There's still a way to speak to someone to get your point across without being rude or a total jackass! How can anyone take her seriously? Respect is what she wants, but respect is also earned. It goes BOTH ways. How would she like it if someone disrespected her that way? And at her age, she should KNOW better! Guess she hasn't heard of the saying, Treat others as you would want to be treated. As for marriage....Nadia has stated a couple of times that she is not ready for marriage, so it's not Brandon's fault. These are things Nadia's mom needs to discuss with Nadia before getting on Brandon's case! Find out what she wants and what's going on instead of coming to her own conclusions.

#7   2011/10/17 08:36AM
    4tamic

I don't care what your ethnic background is or what generation you're from. There's still a way to speak to someone to get your point across without being rude or a total jackass! How can anyone take her seriously? Respect is what she wants, but respect is also earned. It goes BOTH ways. How would she like it if someone disrespected her that way? And at her age, she should KNOW better! Guess she hasn't heard of the saying, Treat others as you would want to be treated. As for marriage....Nadia has stated a couple of times that she is not ready for marriage, so it's not Brandon's fault. These are things Nadia's mom needs to discuss with Nadia before getting on Brandon's case! Find out what she wants and what's going on instead of coming to her own conclusions.

#8   2011/10/17 12:21PM
    levann

Quote 4tamic: I don't care what your ethnic background is or what generation you're from. There's still a way to speak to someone to get your point across without being rude or a total jackass! How can anyone take her seriously? Respect is what she wants, but respect is also earned. It goes BOTH ways. How would she like it if someone disrespected her that way? And at her age, she should KNOW better! Guess she hasn't heard of the saying, Treat others as you would want to be treated. As for marriage....Nadia has stated a couple of times that she is not ready for marriage, so it's not Brandon's fault. These are things Nadia's mom needs to discuss with Nadia before getting on Brandon's case! Find out what she wants and what's going on instead of coming to her own conclusions.

You forget that all forms of communication are dictated by context, including cultural reference. What is not acceptable to you as an American does not dictate what is acceptable globally. Should she try to temper her thoughts? Yes, do I think she's completely off the wall given her background - no. Americans (and yes I am American) must make an effort to understand other cultures and not always expect them to conform to our way of doing things. I also think it's clear that Nadja is well aware of her mother's opinion and her way of expressing it. That seems to be a constant discussion. I'm thinking that Brandon really should not have been surprised by her mother at that point. Other cultures are much more formal about the dating ritual than we are here and imo Brandon started in the hole because he started backwards in the context of the culture he's dealing with. He was supposed to have made nice with her mother first before getting that deeply involved with Najda. He's doomed where her mother is concerned.

#9   2011/10/24 03:40PM
    sasusan014

IMO, Nadia needs to step up and put her Mother in place. I think people hide behind their "old-world customs". She is a controlling woman, There is no way I would ever speak to him the way she does, nor would I allow my Mother to speak that way. It is totally disrespectful. If this is the way she really is, there is no way I would allow her on the show, because now she is disrespecting Brandon in public.

If Nadia, can't or won't put her mother in check, Brandon, you need to get in her face and say, "Forget You!!" You need to put your foot down, she can't come in your home and disrespect you, she continues doing this, because she is allowed to do it. If Nadia wants to see her Mother, then she needs to go to her Mother's home.

#10   2011/10/25 07:02AM
    IslandGirl33

[quote]Quote levann: You forget that all forms of communication are dictated by context, including cultural reference. What is not acceptable to you as an American does not dictate what is acceptable globally. Should she try to temper her thoughts? Yes, do I think she's completely off the wall given her background - no. Americans (and yes I am American) must make an effort to understand other cultures and not always expect them to conform to our way of doing things.

I understand your points however, part of the problems this country is having is that we are expected to conform to other cultures, religion and beliefs... what about ours? She is in America and came here for a reason. It is totally unfair that she disrespects Brandon in that way especially in his own home. I blame Nadia as she should not be allowing this to happen. Afterall, Nadia chose to commit to someone outside her culture... she should be defending that.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2011/10/25 07:03AM
    1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list