Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

The DiMeras return to Days! (Update)

Friday, May 18 2007

Joe Mascolo back June 6 (CBS)
    The Phoenix rises yet again! Joseph Mascolo has graciously agreed to return to the set of Days of Our Lives for a spell this summer!

Talented Joseph Mascolo originated the role in January 1982 and played Machiavellian 'Stefano' for almost 10 years, off and on. When we last saw Stefano, he was on the run from Salem's finest for baby theft! Afterward, we were shown an urn that Tony DiMera (Thaao Penghlis ) said contained Stefano's ashes and then later on we saw what looked to be his corpse, but we all know from experience with the show that the Phoenix always rises, so we always had faith that he would, once again! Recent scenes involving the master of misery have been played by a day player since EJ Wells sauntered on into Salem. When do we get to see Mascolo in the part? There has been no word yet on a first airdate, but we do know he's to arrive this summer! When Soaps.com hears anything, we'll update you!

Thaao Penghlis back May 24 (NBC)
    Now that we've made all you Stefano and Days of Our Lives fans thrilled to pieces, we'll let you in on more good news! We have it on good authority that Steve Blackwood (Bart Beiderbecke) will also return, May 10th, along with (Thaao Penghlis (Tony DiMera) and Leann Hunley (Anna DiMera) on May 24th! Looks like a family reunion is in store for EJ!

UPDATE May 3 2007

Didn't I promise I'd update you when I heard more? We've got confirmation that Joe Mascolo will return on June 6th as Stefano DiMera. We'll also see Renee Jones back portraying Lexi Carver.

Check the Days Comings and Goings, for more on who else is returning to the show!

UPDATE
    (NEW May 18)

Thaao (Tony) is set to return May 24th and Joseph will be back on canvas June 6th when he returns to Salem. Wiliam Utay will return to the role of "Rolf." William's first airdate will be Monday, June 4th.This is the summer we'll get into why the DiMeras and the Bradys have been feuding all these years!

Posted by switzerland at Friday, April 27 2007 07:43 AM

I am so happy Leann Hunley is coming bacck! I have missed her immensely! She is a beautiful woman and an excellent actress! Tony, Bart and Stefano all coming back too! Way to go Days!

Posted by big_b at Friday, April 27 2007 08:00 AM

it's about time tony comes back

Posted by sharonschaller at Friday, April 27 2007 10:04 AM

OH MY GOODNESS I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE REALLY COMING BACK AGAIN. I HAVE ALWAYS LIKED JOSEPH MASCOLO AND THAAO PENGHLIS, BUT ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WITH THE WHOLE DIMERA STORYLINE. COULD THIS PLEASE BE THE LAST TIME FOR THEM!!!
    KILL OF EJ HE NEEDS TO GO FOR GOOD!!!

Posted by Teiralinda at Friday, April 27 2007 10:18 AM

YEAH - I love both Mascolo and Penghlis.....PAY THEM whatever it takes to KEEP BOTH please. I watched this back in the day when all this story line started .......theDays storeline has been lame for a while and only got interesting with Victor becooming the heavy... Now he is on seldom...he and Stephano were good in together stirring up Salem's dirt. Get rid of John/Marlena and Sami/Shaw/Belle groups - enough already - write some new stuff for the great peeps this show has!!!!!

Posted by DaysandPassionLvr at Friday, April 27 2007 10:22 AM

I am so HAPPY Stefano is coming back along with Tony, I've missed them and this soap needs to get their ratings back up and what better way to do it then with STEFANO!!!! Woo Hoo!

Posted by Ashleigh42906 at Friday, April 27 2007 11:36 AM

I think for once that people should leave sami and lucas alone for a while so they can be a couple for a while

Posted by Cars at Friday, April 27 2007 05:29 PM

I'M SO HAPPY

Posted by i love soaps at Sunday, April 29 2007 06:45 PM

i love soaps
    I'm so happy I'm dancing around the livingroom right now
    & singing " Oh happy DAYS are here again".

Posted by ocbaby at Monday, April 30 2007 11:36 AM

Posted by ocbaby,April 30 2007 2:27 PM
    I am not pleased with any of the DiMera's returning to DOOL; nobody can pull the tricks Stafano does and it really gets quite stupid at times; why does this show always have to have so many evil people in it; I think Kate should be killed off along with EJ and Willow; please don't cast Nick as one of Willow's flunkys; he started out as a good guy, can't we keep him that way; if all the DiMera's are coming back, why not have a big get together and have all of them permanitly disposed of and move on to another story line.

Posted by levenfan at Friday, May 04 2007 12:02 AM

the dimera alives and i hope the bradys all burn in hell except for sammy and chelsea because they are the only good brady there is the rest are losers like bo hope roman and the old people all goody too shoes we dont need no good bradys

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 » »| page: