Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

I WANNA BE A SOAP STAR is back!

Friday, March 02 2007

Cameron Mathison (AMC's Ryan) (ABC)
    Back for its fourth season, 'I wanna be a Soap Star' returns, better than ever! For the first time, viewers will be able to have a voice in selecting the winner, before the live series finale!

General Manager of SOAPnet, Deborah Blackwell, explains, that the 'wanna be' contestant who makes the cut will head over to Salem to join the Bradys, the DiMeras and the Hortons, on NBC daytime's Days of Our Lives.

Production is scheduled to begin in May and casting for this season's 10 episodes takes place in Miami, on March 17, in New York on March 24 and in Los Angeles on March 31. If you're planning on trying out, or if you happen to get a part, please let us know and we'll be happy to interview you and follow you through the series!

The show will air starting in August 2007. Guess who is your handsome host? Once again, sexy Cameron Mathison (Ryan Lavery) All My Children returns for the fourth season, to host the show!

?We have had an incredible partnership with Days of Our Lives since acquiring same day episodes in 2004, said Blackwell. "Our ability to cast a contract role on their show, that has over 40 years of history, speaks to our special relationship. We look forward to working with NBC, Corday Productions, Sony Pictures Television and NBC to bring a fantastic new cast member to Days.

?I Wanna Be a Soap Star,? a one-hour reality drama from LMNO Cable Group, is the casting call of a lifetime. The series depicts ten aspiring actors who will live, rehearse and act together. Cameras roll 24 hours a day, seven days a week and will capture everything that happens to the contestants during their work and play! Will they behave themselves? Will we see life imitating art?!

A panel of judges including Days of Our Lives new head writer Hogan Sheffer, talent manager Michael Bruno and actress Debbi Morgan, will eliminate cast members one-by-one until the final two contestants remain. This is when the viewers take part and help decide which remaining contestant will be dubbed Days of Our Livesnext soap star.
    Season two's winner, Alec Musser continues to star as Del Henry in All My Children and remains to be a fan favorite, while Mykel Shannon Jenkins, the winner of season one, portrayed "Officer Byron Murphy" on General Hospital in November 2004. The winner of season three, Mikey Jerome, won the part of Ted on One Life to Live.

To apply, please visit the official site, I WANNA BE A SOAP STAR!

Stay tuned for more!

Posted by #1 LumiLover <3 at Friday, March 02 2007 04:35 PM

ugghh!! this totally blows!! i really want to audition for I WANNA BE A SOAPSTAR, especially this season since the winner gets a role on Days of our Lives. but i'm only 17 years old!!! Man, this stinks!! o well, i guess it just wasn't meant to be this time around.... =(

Posted by jessmcarter325 at Sunday, March 04 2007 04:10 PM

So i take it the show might not go off the air why would they make the effort then any one catch me

Posted by rhonda101 at Thursday, March 15 2007 04:08 PM

I would love to audition for Days, but I dont have the money for travel. I live in Russell Springs, KY. Recently I have had a something terrible to happen. My son dissappeared on January 31,2006 his car was found but he wasnt he was 21. Since then my 16 year old daughter ran away she had a baby. It was borned Dec 22,2006. I havent seen her or the baby. I am also going through a divorce. My luck couldnt get any worse. I wish that I could appear on one of the soaps for a while. I would give anything if someone would give me a chance to appear on one of the shows. I live in a small town and have never had much money or anything else as that goes. Could someone give me a chance. I love watching soaps. The ones I miss during the day I watch the rest at night. thanks!!!!! Rhonda Gregoey

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Sunday, March 18 2007 06:05 AM

You can try out later on, LumiLover. Just take loads of acting classes until then!!

Look at it as more of a chance to get in there!!

Jessmcarter, what show? Days? Days isn't going anywhere!!! It's Passions that is being cancelled, not Days. I assure you.

Rhonda, I'm SO sorry to hear that news.

Posted by LOVEME2 at Wednesday, March 28 2007 07:11 AM

I have submitted an audition tape and i really feel bad for my competition, because i am in it to win it... and i will keep everyone updated on the final results... good luck to all those who have auditioned....

monique..MUAH!

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Thursday, April 19 2007 11:11 AM

LOVEME2- best of luck to you! Email me if you get it!!

Posted by Butterfly-N at Thursday, April 26 2007 12:22 PM

I would love to be on Days. I am a mature woman, but I would be the best "mature woman" you ever had! Just give me a chance to prove it.
    I'd also like a chance to change the script - somewhat. Sami needs a break with or without Lucas! It is getting boring with EJ...enough is enough. He's after too many people. Good actor to make us hate him so!
    I'm not sure if I put these comments in the right place. I just signed in today for the first time.
    Hello! Everyone!
    N

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Tuesday, August 14 2007 07:13 AM

Hi butterfly, you'd have to actually audition. We have nothing to do with the hiring or the auditions.

Posted by markofitch at Tuesday, March 09 2010 03:01 PM

where do i apply to "i wanna be a soap star"?