Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Days Of Our Lives' Alison Sweeney To General Hospital.

Thursday, August 14 2014

As a director.

Alison Sweeney (Sami) took to Twitter to let her fans know when her episode of "General Hospital" will be airing.

Original article: July 9.

Although she will soon be leaving Salem and "Days Of Our Lives" behind, Alison Sweeney (Sami) will not be exiting from daytime. The actress and author has joined the ABC soap "General Hospital" as a director. She will begin shooting her first episode this month which will be seen this August. Sweeney has already shot numerous episodes of "Days" in the past. The actress shot her final episode of the NBC soap in May and will continue to be seen on-screen until October.

Learn more about the actress' latest projects by reading Days Of Our Lives' Alison Sweeney In Radio Hype. And then find out why Levi's days could be numbered on General Hospital.

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter, and Soaps.com on Facebook.

Header Photo: DVSIL/iPhotoLive.com/WENN.com

- Matt Purvis

Posted by holdingonfordearlife at Wednesday, July 09 2014 11:21 AM

Gheez!!!!

Posted by donholley77 at Wednesday, July 09 2014 05:31 PM

U know this is a precursor 2 joining the show onscreen!

Posted by ladyy diva at Wednesday, July 09 2014 08:32 PM

ohhhhh shittttt

Posted by Dakota 4762 at Thursday, July 10 2014 11:02 AM

I thought she was taking time off to be with her kids..her words, not mine,

Posted by Kristent214 at Friday, July 11 2014 11:04 AM

I thought she was leaving Days to spend more time with her family. Obviously not. She was with Days for 20 years. As a fan of hers for 20 years, I feel like I was played. All she had to say was she wanted to try new things. To say she wanted to spend time with her family was not accurate. I am sure this directing thing has been in the works for a long time.

Posted by Kristent214 at Friday, July 11 2014 11:10 AM

I would also think directing would take up more of her time than acting did. Actors get time off as their storylines rotate, or at least that's what I read.

Posted by derose45 at Saturday, July 12 2014 09:49 AM

I told everyone she was going to another soap days recast her and ej and let ej take her down for once I think ej and Abigail could have been another jack and Jennifer legendary couple but let us see where days goes with this Abigail could take the place bad girl in salem I like Allison Sweeney but she lied plan and simple your fans at days were loyal I think it is because she didn't have all of days attention and she didn't like it and as for the biggest loser what is wrong with being full sized woman I am full sized and I am happy with myself don't judge Allison people are not always perfect not even you I like you but I think you should hear this if you even read it but other people will and I hope they understand when I say you should have told the truth a lie is a lie no matter how you put it I was a ejami fan but now I am a ejabby fan and always a days fan good work ken Corday you are an unique person your fan always since 1978

Posted by brookeluvridge4life at Sunday, July 13 2014 07:03 PM

Oh please tall acting like kids......grow up and congratulate her for moving up with her career especially being a woman.......congrats to you Alison Sweeney ^5

Posted by ginac001 at Sunday, July 20 2014 04:03 PM

I think people are upset because she said she was leaving to spend more time with family and that being on two shows was too much. Clearly, she lied. It doesn't mean we're not happy for her and wish her success.

Posted by honeyblue at Thursday, July 31 2014 07:52 AM

Sorry to see both Sami and E.J leaving.But the T V soaps are becoming a thing of the past anyhow.So you can't expect them to last for as many years into the future, as long in years as they have ran up to now..TV reality shows seem to have replaced the soaps. And remember, Days of O.Ls has been threatened to end about 3 years back,so we are lucky that it is still running,and haven't gone the route of a few other soaps,like "As The World Turns",and others.As for DOOLs,I don't see as much interest in the drama of the other actors on the show,as I have with Sami and EJ,they just set the bar too high for the other drama to match.So knowing that Sami and EJ's parts are ending in a month or so,I really don't watch it as much as I used to,noro taping it when I wasn't home to watch.But DOOLs will likely end altogether soon,so best to unhook yourself of these soaps anyway.