Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

James Scott Leaving Days Of Our Lives.

Friday, October 10 2014

(Benjamin Cohen/NBC)
    Will EJ and Sami ride off into the sunset?

Updated: October 10.

On October 10, EJ DiMera (James Scott) was shot by DiMera henchman Miguel. This was part of a botched negotiation between EJ and Clyde (James Read) that went wrong when Elvis ordered him out of town. The two men then covered the killing up to look like a robbery. Sami found his body soon after. He managed to utter some final words to her before died. After he was taken to the Salem morgue, Sami continued to weep over his body. Eventually, his sister Kristen (Eileen Davidson) arrived and injected him with something mysterious at the behest of Stefano (Joe Mascolo).

You can read more about his demise in Soaps.com's Days of our Lives recap: He Died in her Arms.

Original article: May 2.

Viewers of "Days Of Our Lives" have been speculating for some time that James Scott, who has played villain EJ Wells DiMera might leave the soap when Alison Sweeney announced she would leave Days back in January. Her final airdate has yet to be announced though her last shooting date is at the end of May and the actress told Ellen on "The Ellen Degeneres Show" she'd be seen through until approximately November.

Scott's contract was reported to be up this year and it turns out, his last tape date was May 2. The actor gave Soap Opera Digest an exclusive saying, "I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to NBC, Sony and Corday, particularly Ken Corday, for the amazing 8 year run on 'Days of our Lives' and for graciously supporting me in my decision in leaving the show to take personal time. To the unbelievably loving fans, I can’t begin to express my gratitude for your love and support over the years. I will miss you immensely." NBC/Corday Productions says, "We are saddened but supportive of James Scott's decision to leave the show after eight years to take some personal time and pursue new projects. His contribution to the show has been tremendous and we wish him the best always."

It remains to be seen how the duo will be written out of the show. Soaps.com will update readers once information becomes available and wishes James Scott all the best in his new endeavors.

Take a look: 41st Daytime Emmy Nominations announced.

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter, and Soaps.com on Facebook.

- Christine Fix

Posted by vld430 at Friday, May 02 2014 05:27 PM

Sooooooo sad...big loss with James and Alison leaving...Best thing ever GET RID ON NICK!!!!!

Posted by DOLwatcher at Friday, May 02 2014 05:55 PM

This was a very well kept secret, there was really no sign that James was leaving. Looking back though, on this site they kept putting up the fact he was leaving back in 2012 or so. This was their hint I guess. You will be missed EJ/James, good luck with your future endeavors.

Posted by dtaylor56 at Friday, May 02 2014 06:56 PM

I can't believe ej is leaving days.it shocked me when I read Samantha was leaving and now ej.y don't they take nick off the show.i've been watching days 4 along time and they keep taking the best actors and actresses off the show and I don't like it at all.i will miss Samantha and ej so much and good luck on whatever u choose 2 do.

Posted by grammy1351 at Saturday, May 03 2014 11:58 PM

I will miss EJ so much.....his good person shows through his character!!!!

Posted by lemonade890 at Sunday, May 04 2014 01:57 PM

This is absolutely devastating news. NBC is making the worse creative decision in the history of television. First, Allison Sweeney and now James Scott, who are today's version of(Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton)are invaluable. Their onscreen chemistry is off the charts. They could have been given their own prime-time spin-off show, which would not be as time consuming, as a five day a week schedule. The show could have centered around their immediate family, which centered around romance, working together in their business projects, and rearing their children. After, 54 years of watching soaps, I am going cold turkey and giving up soap operas. Shows, like Hannibal, Rosemary's Baby, etc.,seem to be today's norm. Thank you so much James and Allison, may God bless you, your families, and future projects, you may become involved in.

Posted by clowns49 at Monday, May 05 2014 05:54 PM

it is sad but I wish James Scott the best in whatever he choose to do thank you for what you do you are a amazing actor

Posted by butterfly fly at Monday, May 05 2014 09:10 PM

How sad to have so many characters leave a great show. I've watched for years...characters would come and go but, there hasn't been a bigger impact to me than EJ and Sami. They were perfect for each other. They will be sadly, sadly missed but, I wish each of them good luck in their next adventures.

Posted by Mustangsusie at Monday, May 05 2014 10:39 PM

EJ and Sami is what made Days without them, sorry but its not worth watching and I have been watching days for over 40 years. Guess all good things must come to an end. GOOD LUCK James and Alison !!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by DEBBIEM at Wednesday, May 07 2014 07:41 AM

i was saddened to hear alison & am further saddened to hear james is leaving also. i love the chemistry they gave the show & will have to wait & see if i will continue to watch since the best actors seem to be leaving. good luck in what you persue in the future & i hope we see you acting in some other show. this was the best couple days had so i hope they realize what they are going to be missing & how devastated the fans of this couple are!!!

Posted by DaysDazed at Wednesday, May 07 2014 02:19 PM

EJ and Sami have made a terrific couple and have, in my mind, carried this show for some time. I can't imagine it without them. I pretty much fast forward all the scenes they aren't in. They put some grit in an occasionally tedious show. I can only guess that working at "Days" must be very difficult with so many great actors leaving. I hope that the show runners give both James and Allison a terrific send off. They deserve it. They will be so missed that I may give up the show entirely. It's time I should be reading a really good book instead.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page: