Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Days Of Our Lives Weekly Blog.

Friday, February 21 2014

Tsk tsk! (NBC Universal Inc.)
    Deconstructing "DOOL" from February 17 - 21:

Another great week in Salem. Blackmail and sex were on the agenda, three couples had sex in one day which was some record we haven’t seen in a while, and the priest threw away his collar.

Gabi.
    Is Gabi a naïve young girl or just plain slow? I’ve not given Gabi a lot of thought lately but she and Nick were good together once. As much as Gabi still has feelings for him, we know he’s manipulating her along with Kate, Sami, and Abigail. No way has he forgiven a murder attempt on his life. But the big question is, will Nick hurt Gabi? Does he really find her innocent in all of this? Gabi compared her and Nick’s relationship to Sami and EJ’s, something that had never occurred to me though it was a good point. Sami and EJ have done a million times worse things to each other and have forgiven each other. It’s a little delicious that Nick still hasn’t done anything about those photos (we assume) he took of EJ and Abigail kissing.

Tossed aside like yesterday’s newspaper.
    Abigail raided the attic and donned some of Alice’s clothing and went bar hopping alone. As she stared at the bottom of her chardonnay and thought up ways she could "keep" EJ, he and his Samanther made love. EJ was vulnerable. He was in need and in the moment I don’t think he realized that he essentially took advantage of a 21 year old that isn’t yet worldly enough to know that the affair they had was just physical. More and more I don’t see it going anywhere even though Ali Sweeney’s leaving as Sami by the year’s end. I felt a little sad for Abby because her naivety got her hurt but when she went back and seduced EJ, knowing he was trying really hard to be true to Sami I shook my head. She didn’t learn from what she did to Austin and Carrie. Different situation but she still came between a married couple. This is calculated. The girl is out of control. Not even a few cold showers will help her now. Though their sex scenes are hot, really hot, this is so very wrong. It makes it easier to feel for Sami now that she and EJ are getting back on track and have made love. She told him she knew he wouldn’t hurt her again. Ouch. Bunny boiler saw it all.

Reuniting. (NBC Universal Inc.)
    Some were asking what the phrase ‘bunny boiler’ means. This comes from the film, "Fatal Attraction." A married man cheats on his wife and the psycho mistress becomes unhinged and boils his child’s pet bunny. It hasn’t come to that point with EJ and Abby but the potential is there.

Question of the week: How did Nick know EJ scoured the woods for evidence? Just who is this Percy guy? ISA?

The ‘B’ in Apartment 23:
    Theresa’s getting desperate. Blackmailing Daniel for sex has got to be a new one. She has a funny idea of what constitutes foreplay. Someone needs to plan things a little better. Did she really think Daniel would rise to the occasion by threatening to have his license revoked? She finally came to her senses and accepted cash (for pain and suffering!) but thankfully JJ intercepted that - how he figured out she was there was a little beyond me but it was exciting watching JJ at work. Now that Jennifer knows Daniel didn’t cheat she’ll be back in his arms in "two shakes of a lamb’s tail." (I stole that from "Pulp Fiction’s" Mia.) Back to Theresa. She and Brady’s chemistry is getting even better. They’ve a fun and easy manner about them especially when they get into the sauce.

WilSon:
    Will and Sonny are in the midst of telling their families about their plans to wed and so far while Lucas and EJ were thrilled, Sami had some reservations that were too quickly dashed. I'll bet they're still lingering. She and Adrienne just may have something in common when Sonny tells his parents.

Oh Nic Nic.
    She went ahead and destroyed the evidence - or at least part of it just like we thought she would. At least she was torn about her decision. I guess. She now has him by default but wouldn't it be sweeter if he left the priesthood for her basing his decision on all of the facts? Nicole will never feel completely at ease with what she has done and once he finds out, and he will - especially with Marlena already digging around - she could lose him altogether. Sigh. Vote in Soaps.com's new DOOL poll: What should Nicole do about the evidence?

Take a gander at our Interview with Guy Wilson. He dishes about making the role of Will his own, the WilSon wedding and more.

Best lines of the week:

"She's going to grab you by that blue streak and yank the hair right out of your head."

Rory, "Here's to the vampire who lost her fangs."

EJ to Nick, "What is that scar there? Have you had a lobotomy?"

"I see through your hippy bull. You're a player," Theresa snipes to Daniel.

Theresa about Maggie, "That woman everywhere. I mean what is she like a vampire or a ship...shape shifter?"

Brady and Theresa, "Good things come to those who drink."

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter, "like" Soaps.com on Facebook.

- Christine Fix

Posted by sickofsami at Friday, February 21 2014 01:32 PM

Nicole finally has a really genuine chance at happiness and she squashed it like a bug. It's getting harder and harder to be on her team. Love the look on Thersa's face when JJ blew her plan sky high and again when Daniel threatened her at the hospital. Abby is a phycho and comes by it honestly...jacked up Jennifer was a nut job when she thought Daniel and Nicole might be an item. She honestly hounded/stalked Nicole enough that she probably IS to blame for the miscarriage. The EJ/Sami wedding will NEVER happen but how delicious it for precious Sami to be the one getting cheated on this time??!! And Jen will blame all of this on EJ regardless of the fact Abby has all but blackmailed EJ to keep it going. Perfect ending to the year...Gabi continues to be stupid and tries to take Ari away with Nick so single and lonely Sami kills her and goes to prison. Rafe marries the boring Jordan. Kate marries Stefano again. EJ and Abby get married breaking Jen's heart and Daniel leaves town to be with Chloe. YES! BOOYAH!

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Friday, February 21 2014 06:27 PM

Haha you're very passionate! That was probably the highlight of the week for me - JJ thwarting Theresa from her devious plan. You've some ideas that are certainly possible!!

Posted by Doris JJ at Saturday, February 22 2014 09:54 AM

I’m so glad I can read your blog! The first week of the Olympic Games, Days wasn’t on and I had to read what happened on this site, when I could get on. The local station failed to put a rolling message what station Days was on during the Olympic Games. Then I couldn’t get on this site for what ever reason and had no idea what was going on the first week. A week without days was a very long week!
    I feel sorry for Gabi. I think she just wants someone to be with. Agree, Nick isn’t the one but not sure about T either.
    Abigail is very scary and she needs help. She is very possessive and I would be afraid of her. I think she is capable of telling Sami what happened.
    That was a very scary scene in Fatal Attraction when they took the lid off that pot and there was the rabbit. My boss, at the time, said that was the scene that would make him never stray.
    I think Percy saw EJ’s people cleaning the woods. Percy was walking around with his binoculars looking at birds and they probably didn’t pay attention to him. He is pretty smart taking a job at Kate’s business and enjoying it. I do hope it backfires on both of them. Nick is scary smart and he has Gabi believing he is the good guy. I think Percy took those pictures and since EJ wouldn’t talk to Nick that he will use those to get what he wants from EJ; except, he will have to be careful because Stefano won’t be quiet.
    I’m tired of the loud kissing with Wilson! Maybe it is me; my husband and I never make noises when we kiss. Are we doing it wrong? After 50 years you’d think we get it right!
    Chrissi, this is my favorite line and it made me laugh:

Posted by Lynseycale at Saturday, February 22 2014 11:16 PM

I think the writers have forgotten one huge fact..... Abbey was born before EJ !!! So Abbey has a you boy going by the storyline. Just a wee fact...

Posted by Doris JJ at Sunday, February 23 2014 10:02 AM

What is Kate’s plan after she comes forward with all this damning evidence against Jordan? Does she think she will get back with Rafe? Now the brother is coming and more digging will start. It would be great if Jordan is in the witness protection program and the FBI told Kate to lay off Jordan.
    It is so easy to forget the ages of the characters since they mess with their ages on the show. JJ should be about 10 or 11?

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Sunday, February 23 2014 05:54 PM

Oh no. Dorris if it happens again, please contact the tech team at contact@soaps.com. They will help. A week is way too long to miss Days.

Omgosh Fatal Attraction was so intense. I think EJ missed that movie. Haha.
    Yeah you're probably right about Percy. I bet he's Nick's eyes and ears.

Oh haha I never heard the kissing. I think because I'm typing over it. I'll listen for it this week!

Yeah I love that Lucas got to say that line to Kate!! I'n not sure what Kate's plan is either. I don't think she wants Rafe back. Maybe she really cares for him as a friend. Haha stranger things..

Haha Lynsecale so true. EJ's been SORASd plenty, right! He's supposed to be maybe 14. Haha!

Posted by zuzu61 at Sunday, February 23 2014 09:15 PM

OMG!! Someone PLEEASE email/text EJ and remind him to buy the pink and blue "STUFFED BUNNIES" for Easter!! lol

LOL Doris JJ @ your boss.
    Maybe ALL couples should watch this movie BEFORE their wedding.

I say bring Ashley Jones as recast for Sami!! She the perfect age, etc..
    (this thought just came to me today.. & I might get my Rabbit boiled for suggesting this.)

Chrissi.. lolol I nominate TWO of your quotes for "Best Lines of the Week"..

Following....She has a funny idea of what constitutes foreplay... etc..

1. "Did she really think Daniel would "RISE" to the occasion by threatening to have his license revoked?"
    2. "She finally came to her senses and accepted cash (for pain and suffering!)"...

Hilarious!!

Posted by zuzu61 at Sunday, February 23 2014 09:24 PM

Lynseycale... OH NO!! So Hope could arrest Abigail for having sex with a minor! haha.
    Maybe that's EJ's only chance in getting rid of Abi.. He can admit to his age. haha
    Just kidding.

Posted by Doris JJ at Thursday, February 27 2014 09:40 AM

Back in the day, when I was working, we had 2 Administrative Assistants [fancy name for secretary] and 6 to 8 bosses. When the movie [Fatal Attraction] came out, that was all the men would talk about. It was funny to us but very serious to them. I and the other AA would start talking about the movie and saying different lines and the guys would have some meeting to go to. We started doing this when we wanted to have an earlier lunch or go home on time. It is still funny to me today to remember grown men afraid of one movie.