Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Possible Recast For DOOL's Sami Brady Role.

Tuesday, February 25 2014

(FayesVision/WENN.com)
    Can anyone take her place?

"Days Of Our Lives" viewers were shocked last month when Alison Sweeney announced she would be exiting the series and leaving the role of Sami Brady behind. "I decided that it's going to be my last year with the show. I've been on 'Days of Our Lives' since I was 16 years old, and I have never had more than a two-week vacation in that whole time. I mean, it's awesome, I love Sami, I love Salem, I love my job, I love daytime, I love the fans. I love everything about it. I have worked so much and my daughter just turned five and my son is nine and I just want to be with them and enjoy my last year. I'm going to be on 'Days' all this year. We don't have a specific time, [she'll be off canvas] but I'm going to be on all this year and see what happens," she told the audience of "The Ellen Degeneres Show."

It's unclear if the character will be gone forever, or if Sweeney may return at some point in the distant future. Either way, Samanther could be out of Salem in 2015. Speculation about how the character might leave and what it could mean for EJ (James Scott) is in the air, but it's still too soon to say. For her part, Sweeney stated that, "I don't know! I kind of want to… I mean it would be awesome to have some kind of happy ending, but then I also think Sami probably deserves some sort of very twisted, like, 'Breaking Bad' ending." You can speculate on her exit yourself by casting your vote in our Days Of Our Lives Poll: So Long Sami.

Things may even get more surprising if the character isn't simply written off. In that case, a new face could take on the role and ruffle some feathers in Salem. But could anyone really take over the role that Alison Sweeney has held on to for so long? Since the soaps love to use familiar actors over and over, Soaps.com has assembled a list of possible candidates to take on the lucrative part. Who would you be curious to see take it on?

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter, and Soaps.com on Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "Days Of Our Lives," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Revenge," and "Venice The Series."

- Matt Purvis

Posted by DavisMichella at Tuesday, February 25 2014 04:03 AM

We'll miss you Sami. !!!!

Posted by DOLwatcher at Tuesday, February 25 2014 07:16 AM

No one could ever take Alison's place, nor could anyone play Sami as well. I have said this before when she finds out about Abbey and EJ she will go ballistic. She will go to an asylum which will leave a place for her to return at a later time.

Posted by wordsandmusic at Tuesday, February 25 2014 07:57 AM

Kassie Depaiva, who is coming on as Eve Donovan would have been the BEST!! Her portrayal of Blair on OLTL was awesome & the character was somewhat similar to Sami with all the shenanigans.

Posted by vibam at Tuesday, February 25 2014 12:12 PM

I won't be watching DOOL if Sammy leave the show. Just let her take a leave and come back. I want her and EJ have a happy ending and they deserve this since they been there for awhile. I really like the show and been watching it since the start. Pls. do something or else just cancel the show instead.

Posted by vibam at Tuesday, February 25 2014 12:12 PM

Posted by daysforever at Tuesday, February 25 2014 12:33 PM

NO SUBSTITUTIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. IT'S ALLISON SWEENEY, OR NO ONE. (Please forgive my CAPs, I don't use them, but on this occasion they reflect how I feel.)

Posted by daysforever at Tuesday, February 25 2014 12:39 PM

Now that I've calmed down: I can appreciate Allison's desire to be with her growing children. I will definitely watch DAYS, my favorite soap during her absence, but I hope that the writers don't write Sami off forever, or replace her with another actress. Just focus on another couple's storyline, and leave the door open for her return.

Posted by oobs7 at Tuesday, February 25 2014 02:37 PM

No one is irreplacable, even the great Allison Sweeney. Sami has been a Days fixture since she was 16 years old; I see no reason not to replace her with another actress. although they will have to find someone with just the right attitude/spunk that Sami has always had.

Posted by zuzu61 at Tuesday, February 25 2014 03:51 PM

ASHLEY JONES aka Bridget Forrester of B&B!!!
    I LOOOVE her. She's PERFECT!!!
    PLEASE Mr. Corday!! ASHLEY JONES!!!
    I read on another site where she was also suggested by other fans.
    I was VERY surprised she wasn't included in the choices. (I don't watch B&B any longer, but I would LOVE to see ASHLEY JONES join Days if Sami is recast)

ALso.. ADAM GREGORY as "Fletcher"..

Posted by zuzu61 at Tuesday, February 25 2014 04:43 PM

OK.. I have researched all the actresses listed above..
    Bree Williamson is absolutely gorgeous/sexy & a GREAT actress! IMO, she would be a HOT Sami and I would LOVE to see her with EJ.

Also.. I LOVE Marcy Rylan. Another GREAT & VERY talented actress! Spunky! (I'm not sure of her age, but I love Marcy)..

IMHO, Any of the 3 would be awesome as Sami's recast.

Bree Williamson/sexy, Ashley Jones/classy, Marcy Rylan/spunky & spirited!!

All 3 are extremely talented and gorgeous!
    This is exciting! I've loved AS/Sami for 20 years, but I think it would be exciting and interesting to see IF the recast of Sami could be very successful. ?!!?

NO disrespect to AS. She wants to enjoy her family and spread her wings. And Days Fans wants to enjoy our Favorite Soap. This way, we ALL win.