Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Days Of Our Lives Weekly Blog.

Friday, January 31 2014

Closet sex. (NBC Universal Inc.)
    Deconstructing "DOOL" from January 27 - 31:

"Greetings!" Another solid week of drama in Salem went by which is seamlessly flowing into what looks to be an exciting February sweeps.

Temptation:
    Really, what's a neglected yet unavailable man to do with a gorgeous desperate female with eyes only for him hanging on his every word and gesture? Probably stay away from her, yet he can’t because his intended, Kate, and Gabi are all on his case to shut Abigail up, and he’s hot for her. It’s time for Sami and EJ to discuss their relationship and make some decisions. Decisions that obviously should have been made before he turned to another woman.

Some options for EJ:

1. Stop seeing Abigail and tell Sami he’s not going to help shut Abby up any longer.
    2. Stop seeing Abigail and start seeing a counselor with Sami.
    3. Leave Sami.
    4. Keep doing what he’s doing.

Since it’s a soap we’re pretty sure he’ll keep cheating. It may be unpopular to admit that I can see both sides. It’s difficult to be too hard on EJ for stepping out when his needs are being ignored. (Not that I’m suggesting Sami’s to blame or should take care of his needs.) He’s not in his right mind, clearly, but what he’s doing is not only wrong but hurtful. It’s worse because he has children and they should come first. The first time was a mistake, the second time they were alone together was tempting fate, and the supply closet looks as though they’re well on their way to a full-blown affair. Abigail sure doesn’t mind letting EJ know how desperate she is for him. It’s really egging him on and can’t end well. Not for Sami and the kids, anyway, unless they recast Sami.

What’s going on with Abigail’s style? She’s around 22 and her outfits used to reflect that. Lately her clothing is too old for her and only makes her appear as though she’s trying hard to appear older. I wonder if that’s the plan.

Unbalanced:
    Not surprisingly, this Nick story has both been creepy and humorous. That’s "Days." It was hilarious when Gabi fainted after seeing the presumed Nick crash the christening. I doubled over with laughter. It was the most natural thing to happen, to pass out, yet somehow it almost irritated me that she wasn’t as strong as her cohorts. Ludicrous, right? Honestly we’d all likely act just as irritating as Gabi if in her shoes and oddly, to us, she was the irritating one! But it doesn’t really matter anymore how obvious she is because we know Nick must remember everything and is delighting in seeing them all squirm. I think he’ll blackmail Gabi into leaving Salem with him, blackmail EJ and Abigail with photos of them kissing, and as we've already seen, force Kate to let him work for her. What do you think? Leave a comment about this and vote in our Days poll: How does Percy know Nick? It's likely Percy dragged Nick in from the water and is helping him work at taking Sami, Kate, and Gabi down. I suspected momentarily...

Greetings! (NBC Universal Inc.)
    Are they going there again?
    The scene at Stefano’s with Sami, Gabi and Kate letting their nerves dictate their food intake was fun and also made a good segue for Kate and Stefano to share a scene. That old chemistry was there. Why does Stefano want to see Kate for dinner?

Theresa.
    Anne signing Theresa up for the sensitivity seminar because she’s the most sensitive woman Anne knows was hysterical. It’s so good seeing friends, even though they’re not really friends and are nasty as all get out. It sounded almost as if Theresa was a little jealous of JJ when she announced that she could tell Bev was into him. Maybe I’m reaching. Maybe not. It’s not looking as though JJ really did use Bev the way it seemed last week. It appears as though JJ told Bev everything or at least most of what’s going on and she decided on her own to help. That he told Jennifer Rory and Bev were true friends makes me feel easier about them helping him with his scheme to get to Theresa. I like Bev and Rory and it’s good to see a little more of them. Tad too, not that he has anything to do with this story, but it’s been fun having him more involved in storylines as well.

Maggie the nose.
    She stuck her nose into Brady’s business again and got hurt when he told her AA was a crock and so was her idea for rehab. On one hand I hurt for Maggie who is only trying to help, but on the other hand, she can’t stop him from being an addict and she’s close to pushing him away which won’t do her any favours. It doesn’t look as though Brady’s anywhere near being ready to get back on the wagon.

Hope and Aiden.
    Haiden? Aiden's a widow and Hope's been abandoned. They can identify with how hard it is to be a single parent. Do you smell the bonding coming?

Clearing Eric’s name.
    This is one long storyline with loads of twists. I’m at the point where it’ll be nice to see the end of it but between you and I, it’s supposed to get a little dicey soon which will hopefully drag me and anyone else feeling the same back in. Sweeps is coming and luckily, so is Kristen DiMera, though not until summer.

Best lines of the week:

Nicole to Miles, "You could give a seminar in sleaze."

Miles, "Can I have a drink? And a virgin for Zsa Zsa here."

Dan says, "What do they say? When God closes one door, Nicole Walker finds a way to bust it down?"

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter, "like" Soaps.com on Facebook.

- Christine Fix

Posted by zuzu61 at Friday, January 31 2014 12:41 PM

Maggie has been Brady's Sponsor for ?? how many years now??
    I soo admire her for hanging-in-there with/for him..
    I think she's going to dismiss him though. Read that somewhere??

Great Blog!!! Thanks..

I'm wondering what Feb. Sweeps has in store for us?!? Hopefully the ending to some of these s/l's.
    Excited to see what's NEW!

Posted by stjarna at Friday, January 31 2014 12:51 PM

I am happy that they are getting the young cast out there and giving them more airtime, and hope they continue to develope Rory, Bev and JJ. Love them. Also Tad... seeing him with Gabi, ahhh, I thought- wow- they look like they have chemistry although it was just a second or two... it is refreshing, and need this cos I can;t stand EJ's shenanigans with Abigail. When Samantha finds out- there will be mayham and he will not see the kids again. Ah!
    And since this is a soap- it will be a scandalous kind of revelation of the EJabby affair! No surprise there!

I love Danicole...they are fun, adventurous, chemistry just flying... and I know it is Ericole time, but can't help thinking that in the long run- Daniel is the one Nicole could really be with... loved the scenes with Theresa, and them together at the door - just says here is a new supercouple in the making!!! Hope they put Nicole on Theresa's path! Soapy fun!

Nick has been annoying from the start, he was cruel, bigot, irritable, pitiful.... unbalanced...yet, it is never boring with him around! And he has the Salemites unite! Kate and Samantha having to cooperate- well... now he is so creepy and I love it!
    And we had Julie! Love it!

Hope and Aiden- bored already with it! And it is too obvious!

Also, why couldn't they pair Rafe and Jen?! well, maybe just maybe they might do the less obvious yet again!
    have a good weekend!

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Friday, January 31 2014 01:05 PM

I didn't say so but Rafe and Jordan just don't do it for me. They're a little bland. I like Rafe but maybe not so much with Jordan.

Maggie's been Brady's sponsor for years. So sad.

Posted by SuziQM at Saturday, February 01 2014 04:28 AM

Hmmm?? Abby caught up in a relationship, again, with an older man that is clearly wrong and hurtful! Nick, he will blackmail everyone involved, definitely playing everyone! Hmmm?? How does Percy know Nick? I think he pulled him from the river, but isn't on the inside of the scheme, but Nick can use him in his agenda! And I did see the bonding between Hope and Aiden! Not to mention that Daniel and Nicole are putting themselves out their to find the Dr C, but he'll either get away or die? If he gets caught he'll be tied to Stephano and Kristen, so my guess is he dies, Eric's name is cleared and he decides to be a Priest again and Nicole will have to let go of him! Great story line and love to watch!!

Posted by EjamiEricole at Saturday, February 01 2014 08:12 AM

Uh Really?? Uh I hope that just because they clear Eric's name he doesn't choose priesthood and Nicole moves on!! How boring is that?? How is that a great story line to never see Eric and Nicole together again?? I think there is something better going to happen, not sure yet but maybe it will involve the church and nicole!! Can't wait...but hope they get a 2nd chance at LOVE! They belong together

Posted by Doris JJ at Sunday, February 02 2014 08:11 AM

Great Post!
    I like the list you gave for EJ’s options. I think he should do the first one but since it is a soap, they will do number 4. I don’t think he wants to end the relationship; however, it seems that since Sami is still upset about her brother and they are not having relations, that gives him the right to go and find someone else? It will be interesting if he gets caught or hides Abigail in the coming week. It is also interesting that Abigail was a virgin so long and now she can’t seem to get enough. I wonder what her mom would say if she knew this.
    I did like Nick but don’t like this story line. Why couldn’t they make him a nice guy for a change? Have to admit I don’t care if he blackmails Kate, she is a cold fish, but I feel sorry for Gabi because it is her first murder or attempted and she doesn’t know how to act yet; not like her two helpers that take it in stride. I know that Gabi is leaving the show so I hope she isn’t going with Nick. What will happen with the baby? When Percy first showed up, he seemed focused on those 3, it was almost creepy. Do you think he saw them put Nick in the water? Now Nick told Kate he wants her to hire Percy as well.
    What is the reason Kate is going after Jordon? Is she jealous and wants revenge or she thinks she’ll get Rafe back? And what is Stefano up to that he wants to have dinner with Kate?
    I understand why Maggie is trying to get Brady to go back to the meetings, but he isn’t ready and could drink into a coma. She needs to walk away and then she won’t get hurt. I have always liked Julie but she got on my last nerve this past week with where is Nick!
    Don’t care for this Aiden and don’t like the idea of Hope being pared with him. It will be interesting if his son is the one saying bad things to Ciera and then she hits him.
    It would nice if just once they got the goods on Stefano. Let Daniel and Nicole get the information from this doctor and take it forward. Even if his man shoots the doctor at least they can clear Eric’s name.

Posted by WhisperTMe at Tuesday, February 04 2014 10:36 AM

I was kind of not liking Nicole for awhile -- now I think she has matured and is trying to bond with someone good for a change.
    Jen bothers me a little with her "ears" burning to hear every tidbit about Dan, yet she didmisses him as if he does not exist.
    Hope is at her wits end with Bo not returning home. I wish he would come back...loved those 2 together. Ciera? Sneaky to say the least. Hope being a cop, should know to get Ciera counseling, or get off of the pot...so to speak, and put the fear into Ciera if she doesn't shape up!

Julie is SO annoying, I mute the tv when she speaks. I can read the capts. so I know what she says.
    I am sure Percy is the one who rescued Nick! Should have left Nick in the water!!
    Hopefully, today will have more surprises and update on what I missed yesterday. Have a fantastic rest of the week, everyone. I'm sure next week will be even hotter and more interesting.

Posted by Miselemeas at Tuesday, February 04 2014 08:13 PM

If they do not want a fight, on another site which shall be
    nameless,then they should not make derogatory remarks about
    Rafe and Sami and their love scenes.From their idea of the best love scenes ever, they would not know one if it bit them in the butt.,I think and it's in my opinion,Rafe and Sami had
    the best love story and all their love scenes were the best ever , so no honourable mention from the peanut gallery required. Rafe and Sami did not need raw sex to portray their feelings for each other. By the way,I am not afraid to print this over there, except I discontinued blogging on it because of their vulgar language.Slainte

Posted by Doris JJ at Wednesday, February 05 2014 07:13 AM

Miselemeas - I totally agree with you. I loved Sami with Rafe and thought that he made her a better person. They were very cute together and down to earth. I miss that!