"Days Of Our Lives" star Deidre Hall (Marlena) will be appearing on the Hallmark Channel's daily talk show "Home & Family" this week. Fans will be able to catch the veteran soap star appearing along with country singer Martina McBride on the episode slated to air Tuesday January 28. Hall will be stepping out of Salem and onto the talk show's set to discuss healthy eating and to make some red pepper soup. Please check your local listings for when "Home & Family" airs in your area. For those intrigued by the soup, here's the recipe:
Deidre Hall’s Red Pepper Soup Recipe:
1 Medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
2 red peppers, cubed
1 garlic clove
1 large carrot or zucchini, chopped
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
Fresh black pepper to taste
1/4 cup feta cheese
Yogurt for garnish (optional)
1. Saute the onion in butter.
2. Add the red pepper, garlic, carrot and broth to pan. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
3. Combine all ingredients in the blender with pepper and a bit of feta until it's creamy (about 30 seconds).
4. Dish up in pretty bowls and garnish with a dab of yogurt.
Discover where else you can catch the actress by reading DOOL's Deidre Hall In Nobody's Fool. And then learn what happens when Victor Cassadine returns to General Hospital.
Follow Soaps.com on Twitter, and Soaps.com on Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "Days Of Our Lives," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Revenge," and "Venice The Series."
- Matt Purvis/Christine Fix