Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Days Of Our Lives Weekly Blog.

Friday, January 17 2014

"Marry me?" (NBC Universal Inc.)
    Deconstructing "DOOL" from January 13 - 17:

I’ve had the flu this entire week and though I feverishly scribbled the recaps, I had trouble recalling all of the events that went down in Salem. The big trend: There was a lot of daydreaming going on and way too many flashbacks and newbie Sheryl was in way more scenes than any of our vets were but as it turns out was fine.

nu-WilSon.
    This is the second week seeing nu-Will around Salem. He’s doing a good job but of course he doesn't 'feel' like Will. He’s so much younger looking as well which was more noticeable during the marriage proposal. The proposal was bad timing. Mere days from Massey's last scene. We had to see Sonny proposing to a new face. It’s good that Will said no. It wouldn't have worked for me if he had said yes. We need time to get to know his version of Will first. Plus, there’s plenty of time to tie themselves down. I’d rather see them doing something wild, sexy and foolish all summer at least.

Seems okay.
    Did you laugh when Maggie looked at the bottle of whiskey at the mansion and say to herself, "Seems okay," meaning Brady must not have touched a drop of alcohol if there’s none missing from that bottle. This is coming from a recovering addict? She needs to take off those rose-coloured glasses because Brady was up in his room with his stash, boozing it up like it was the last and most delicious bottle in all of Salem. It should be interesting to put him in more scenes with Theresa but at the same time I can’t help but remember Brady once telling Nicole they couldn't be together because they’re both addicts. Aren't they trying to show Theresa as one?

Chyka.
    He’s pretty creepy. Even creepier than Dr. Rolf was. Rolf was almost comical but Chyka’s all business. We know Eric and Nicole won't die but it was a great pay-off to hear Eric admit to Nicole that he loves her. Will she admit she and Daniel aren't really an item and that she's still in love with him? Wait for the aftermath!

What was that all about?
    EJ was not surprisingly rude to Gabriella when she dropped off the treats as a thank-you for having sex with Abig... I mean for helping her get Abigail off her back. Either he was disgusted with himself, annoyed with "useless" Gabi, or just sees her as a speck in the universe. The scene really stood out making a few of us wonder. Could Gabi become some fatal attraction for EJ? EJ's already got his hands full with Sami and now Abigail. We didn't think this was going to be a one-time thing for EJabby but I'm not sure it'll happen again depending on who gets a hold of those "incriminating" photos of them kissing at the cabin.

Nice try. (NBC Universal Inc.)
    Whether you love Anne, or love to hate her, she's got your attention.
    We realized this week there is nothing this woman won't do in order to take Daniel down. At this point it doesn't even appear she's into him. He's just an extension of her hatred for Her Royal Hortonness, Jennifer. The scene of her falling was a highlight!

Weigh in on Soaps.com's poll: Anne. Love her? Hate her? Love to hate her? Vote!

EJabby.
    Speaking of Abigail, why the hell did she call EJ and tell him, "My mother knows about us," when Jennifer knows nothing? Is she trying to give him a heart attack? Is she trying to give us heartburn? Is she looking for another interlude and trying to stay in contact just in case he throws her a bone? He told her it’s a good idea if they don’t talk to each other on the phone anymore but wasn’t he really telling her to stay as far away from him as possible? Maybe not considering he texted her a while later to meet "about Chad."

The Rottweiler.
    Speaking of bones... I’ve always saw Julie as more of a pit-bull but whatever. If anyone’s going to get to the bottom of where Nick is, it’d be her. She’s a force to be reckoned with. I’m a little bit frightened of Julie.

Unhappy camper.
    Has she always been this way? I don’t know if I was the one with the rose-coloured glasses on in the past but I always saw Marlena as the voice of reason, the sweet and helpful woman who you could look up to. Now she’s just human! She’s never happy. She’s always scowling (metaphorically speaking, of course) about someone or something. It’s depressing.

Best lines of the week:

EJ to Sami, "Compared to you, for the last six months I look like Gandhi."

"I'm sick and tired of saving you from yourself," EJ says to Sami.

"Any connection I had to Nick is dead in the water," Kate says to Julie.

Sami, "I can’t believe Nick has friends." Kate to Sami, "People probably say the same thing about you."

"She’s like a Rottweiler with a bone," Kate says of Julie.

"I had to pull out all the stops but eventually she bought it," EJ tells Sami, flashing to sex with Abigail.

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter, "like" Soaps.com on Facebook.

- Christine Fix

Posted by zuzu61 at Friday, January 17 2014 12:04 PM

I agree. Anne has my attention. I stay on alert so when Anne's on screen, I QUICKLY push either my MUTE or FF button on my remote.

Posted by zuzu61 at Friday, January 17 2014 12:12 PM

Sorry But.. Same goes for Theresa.

As much as I LOVE Brady.. Same goes for when Brady is sniffing or has a bottle turned up.
    PLEEASE save Brady! Enough already!! Get out the Lysol spray and rid Salem of KD's scent.

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Friday, January 17 2014 12:17 PM

Hahaha! Then you must have laughed when she fell on the floor. That was hysterical. Gotta love our show!!

But isn't Brady fun when he's naughty? Like today on the park bench he had that sexy crazy boozy look about him. Makes me giggle.

Posted by zuzu61 at Friday, January 17 2014 12:27 PM

SO Sorry you've had the flu!! I SOO hope you are feeling better. I had it ONCE YEARS ago, and it is horrible.

Great article. Loved it!
    Sure wish they'd write Victor in to help Maggie.
    She has "been there' for Brady for many years now.
    I love her.

Come on writers. Where are our Vets and PLEASE don't change their personalities. We have LOVED these people for 20, 30, 40 years.

Dang.. Nicole did a GREAT job today!! (as always) The close-up shot of her face! WOW!

Get Theresa OUT of JJ's life!!!
    Missed opportunity to attract the YOUNGER viewers.. IMO, JJ can pull SOOO many in. But NOT with this DRUG s/l.

Posted by zuzu61 at Friday, January 17 2014 12:33 PM

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Friday, January 17 2014 12:17 PM
    ------------
    OK OK.. I have to be honest. haha .. I actually hit the "rewind" button on that one!! Several times.
    So Yes you're right. She has us watching! hah.

Yes! I LMAO when Anne hit the floor.. And slapped the "wet floor sign".. Which is what I was looking for. I was SOO happy they thought of putting the sign in place. NO law suit for Anne. haha

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Friday, January 17 2014 01:08 PM

zuzu thank-you. So sweet. I feel a lot better now. I felt bad about writing recaps with a fever but Amy edited them and assured me they were good. Haha!!

I love this Maggie and Brady history. I never get to say as much on a Friday but it was brilliant. And Nicole - omg she's even gorgeous when she's sobbing up a storm. I felt so sad for them and it was just a perfect scene. Trying to figure out how they'll be found.

Yeah you know Anne would have gone for the lawsuit. LOL

Posted by zuzu61 at Friday, January 17 2014 06:21 PM

Amy was right. They were excellent. As always. Thank you for your response. Sweet. Hopefully you have a long week-end. It'll take a while to totally recoup.

R/t Eric and Nicole?!? hmm?? As long as someone/anyone finds them!!! Maybe Sr. Dan will be their Save-ior?! ha.

And.. YES!! Nicole is gorgeous even sobbing! I'm just concerned that they need to use the bathroom!!
    But I've never seen anyone, when they're rescued, with their pants wet??
    Not on a SOAP. Another Soap mystery/miracle!? ha.

Now.. My daughters would say to you.. "Chrissi, My Mom worries that she's being rude IF she's not the last one to respond to your text. So you finally just have to stop RSVP'ing. hehe

Ur in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Thanks again. I have enjoyed.

Posted by daysforever at Saturday, January 18 2014 07:38 AM

Good post, Chrissi. I hope you’re feeling better. I’m still feeling uncomfortable with nu-WilSon. He looks awfully young, as though he should be in a Disney film. Abby is sooo annoying. One of those girls who portray themselves as good girls, but who flirt, seduce, then claim to have been forced into having sex. That said, this will be an interesting storyline. Re: Marlena, I’ve always been a fan, but, as in her case, there’s something about having your husband taking off to parts unknown for long periods of time, and for undisclosed reasons. That can make any woman lose confidence in herself. No wonders that she’s a bit down in the mouth.

Posted by Doris JJ at Sunday, January 19 2014 09:28 AM

Chrissy, so glad you are feeling better. This flu going around isn’t a very nice one. Enjoyed your banter with zuzu61!
    I thought Chandler was younger looking then the new Will. Funny how people can see the same thing and it be different. I didn’t enjoy that scene with the engagement; it seemed awkward for the actors and uncomfortable for me. Don’t know how others felt but agree they should have waited a bit until they were used to each other. They didn’t seem to have any problems with the kissing scene.
    Did Maggie measure the bottle before Brady got there? How would she know if any was gone? My ex-sister-in-law was an alcoholic and you could smell it on her no matter how many breath mints she ate. It seemed to come out of her pours. As much as he is drinking, how can they not tell? His face looks terrible and his eyes are red and they can’t see that?
    This whole Teresa thing is so annoying. Now she is going after Brady. Sad when the only way you can get someone interested in you is if they are so drunk they don’t know who you are.
    Agree with you, Dr. Chyka is very scary looking. He was more threatening looking then Rolf but not as funny.
    I think Abigail wanted to be with EJ again and that is why she had him meet her on the island. He needs to stop this; are the person taking the pictures will help him stop it. Could it be this Percy? He seems to get around a lot.
    I did laugh when Anne fell and the sign was great.
    Gaby is leaving soon, are they bringing in someone else like with Will or is the character just going away? What will happen with the baby? I can’t imagine her leaving the baby so what will happen? I do like Gaby and wish she was staying. Kate needs to stop with investigating people. She acts like a saint going after bad people when she has many bad things in her past. Does she think she will get Rafe back?
    Don’t understand what they are doing with Marlena. Her scenes just seem a waste of time. Isn’t John coming back soon? Will they get back together or doesn’t she want him back? Miss Bo!

Posted by Jomar at Monday, January 20 2014 05:52 AM

Feel better, .Christie.
    Good blog enjoyed. Most of the time I forget to read these,good recap.
    Thanks