Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Eileen Davidson Leaving DOOL!

Wednesday, July 31 2013

(Fayes Vision/WENN.com)
    Breaking News!

Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Eileen Davidson who made a return as Kristen DiMera in 2012 wrapped up her stint as the character on July 16. "The Kristen story wrap-up is just fantastic; she was just glorious. I am thankful for all she's brought to us. It was the first shot in the arm we needed. A big shot in the arm," says Executive Producer Ken Corday. Reportedly, the actress is taking time away from acting to spend time with her family.

Eileen Davidson took to Twitter Tuesday night to address the love, support and surprise from fans.

Davidson also spoke to fans on her Facebook page, stating, "Hello! I just wanted to confirm that I have indeed left 'DOOL'. My last day was July 16 but I will be airing until November. I'm taking some time off to enjoy my family however I am not retiring. Not really sure what's next for me work wise. But I am looking forward to figuring it out!
    Thanks to all of you for your support and love. I've had an incredible time on 'DOOL' this year."

"Days Of Our Lives" first introduced the character of Kristen DiMera in 1993. Prior to being reintroduced in 2012, Kristen was last seen in 1998 being sold into a harem by her father, Stefano DiMera.

The character of Kristen DiMera is expected to be seen on screen until the end of the year due to "Days Of Our Lives" taping so far in advance.

Be sure to check out the "Days Of Our Lives" News Room for the scoop on Richard Bloore and Nick Schillace Joining the DOOL Crew and then read about the return of Venice The Series.

Follow us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Soaps.com on Facebook.

- Kyle Jarmon

Posted by kayhan at Wednesday, July 31 2013 06:28 AM

Eileen Davidson is a wonderful actress, and as Kristen she really brought a spark to the show. I hope that she enjoyed the time she spent at Days and may return in the future (depending on what happens to her character, of course).

Posted by deidnbella at Wednesday, July 31 2013 07:40 AM

Awe! That is too bad! I really enjoyed watching Eileen Davidson back on Days! She will be missed!

Posted by Dakota 4762 at Wednesday, July 31 2013 11:20 AM

She is a great actress. I hope they find a way to wrap up the Eric/Brady storyline before she goes. ;

Posted by dedee at Wednesday, July 31 2013 01:02 PM

To bad Eileen is leaving, but I was not one of her fans. I am glad she is leaving. I am a huge fan of Allison Sweeny though, I think she is getting the dirty end of the stick, and I hope she makes Adrian pay for putting her behind bars, Sami tried to save Rafe and is being punished for it, Stephano should pay as well, what Ej did to him is not enough for what he did to Sami. Wish Marlena and John would get back together, John is so distant. don't like that Marlena and John are not together. What would he do if Roman moved in on Marlena? would love to see them at it. now where is Bo? he would have had this Stephano/Barnardie thing cleared up so fast. he was the best cop on Dool, miss him so! so! much. wish he would come back, would love to see him return and have an awsome reunion, love to see him surprise Ceria, that would be awsome, since she mentions her daddy so much, and would make for a touching moment on Dool. Gaby sould not take Nick back, after what he did, she should hook up with Cameran, they would make a neat couple. can't wait to see what Sami has in mind for Adrian, when Sami goes for revenge she does it good. now what will Kate do to get revenge on Stephano for trying to kill Rafe, love her fury. Hope looks so lonely without Bo. Nick needs to leave. what will happen to Eric when his bedroom romp with Kristen comes out, and what will Brady do when he finds out what kristen did? What will happen when Nicole finds out will her and Eric hook up after it all comes out, will she go after Kristen? maybe they can have Kristen killed off the show some how without anyone knowing who did it, that would be awsome. well I can't wait till it all comes out. Love DOOL IT IS HOT.

Posted by JadeLola at Wednesday, July 31 2013 02:08 PM

Sad to hear this Eileen Davidson is leave the show joying watch she and Marlena fight out with each other great.Miss her.

Posted by Shannon at Sunday, August 04 2013 01:09 PM

Been a long time since I've posted on this site. Glad to be back. I so hate that ED is leaving...this clearly must be an exhausting role to play, considering that she left the first time for similar reason(s). I clearly see the emotion, heart and soul she puts into the role, but IMO DAYS needs the character of Kristen (I've said that for 14 years,,,,since she left the first time.) Who would you recast the role with if you HAD to do it? Here's my list in no particular order....

Stacy Haiduk
    Nina Arvesen
    Cynthia Watros
    Anne Heche
    Michelle Stafford
    sherilyn wolter

Glad to 'see' you all again! Hope everyone is doing well! - Shannon

Posted by medavinci at Thursday, August 08 2013 08:48 PM

Is it true they are replacing Eileen Davidson with this Eva Swan? good grief, I hope not! I looked at her Vimeo clip and hopefully it's an old clip, but she looks nothing like Eileen (it's quite insulting).,, the clip is of her in a police station and she is, I hate to say, much heavier and. Manly looking. Her pictures don't look that way, so perhaps they had her dye her hair and lose weight. I'm such a Kristen fan and would hate to see Days desecrate her like that... What is wrong with the writers? And why are so many leaving? I assume the young ones are leaving because they think there is something better out there and now is the time to go for it.... Ill bet it is a contract issue plus time with her family but she did say in one interview she was excited to see what work would be next (contradicting her need to spend time with family)... Days is foolish to let her go,....they should get rid of the boring characters: marlena, Jennifer and Kayla and the oral ways overacting and annoying Sami...days is going to hell .

Posted by kampbell4 at Monday, August 12 2013 12:09 PM

Love Eileen Davidson!! So sorry to hear she is leaving! Wish they could just send her away for awhile instead of making us get use to a new actress, playing her role..Hate that! Then she could have a great reunion with Brady when she came back..I think Brady and Kristen's chemistry is excellent! She is so funny with her little snide comments as well with Marlena. Sammie, Nicole, and Kristen are my favorites for women on the show..Oh yeah, Jennifer is a cutie, but sometimes too sweet..Let Eileen have some time off with her family, but bring her back somehow down the road..Will miss you Eileen! Really have grown to love your character!! Best wishes!

Posted by DOOLDIVA at Tuesday, August 13 2013 07:06 AM

Kristen being back on DOOL has been amazing! She's funny, conniving and she makes the show a heck of alot more interesting....she will be missed AGAIN!

Posted by DaysDazed at Wednesday, August 14 2013 03:56 PM

I'm so sorry to learn you will be leaving Days! You are such a great actress that brings a special sparkle to the show. I really loved your "breakdown" scene with Marlena about loosing Brady. I know how hard it is to work and raise a family and IMO the show runners should give you a break. Athough you are brilliant, you don't need to be on the front burner all the time. Really, your character should have moved on from Brady. He's really too young for you. I mean, he was an older teen when you were romancing John. Not that that is a bad thing (I'm married for 25 yrs to a man 10 yrs my junior), But with so many age-appropriate men on Days like Daniel and...and? Now I understand why you must be leaving. Days needs to bring back John and Bo or bring in some men their age. Best wishes for your future and acting. You really are a great talent.