Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Days Of Our Lives Weekly Blog.

Friday, July 19 2013

Awe moment. (NBC Universal Inc.)
    Deconstructing "DOOL" from July 15 - 19:

It was harpy madness this week. The meddling mothers were out in full force, we watched a few characters worrying needlessly, the storylines are still pretty tight, and and we were entertained thoroughly. It was a good week.

The lake.
    How nice to see the characters still going to the lake. We’ve seen some realistic dialogue about the weather, Kristen and Jenn dished about their love lives on that piece of driftwood, and Daniel putting water wings on Parker was adorable. I hope we see more of this.

Drama over nothing.
    Kate’s decision not to sit at Rafe’s bedside on the off chance that he may not recall they were lovers was unnecessary and felt forced in order to show Abe and Kayla how she truly felt about Rafe. It’s strange the doctors didn’t fight her on this. Didn’t they say he needed loved ones around him? If he’s unsure why she’s there he’ll ask. If he becomes agitated she can leave. What if it backfires and he wonders why she’s suddenly ignoring him? Couldn’t that give him a setback?

Theresa and her big fatties.
    Theresa keeps her stash at the office. At the hospital. Across from Her Royal Highness’ desk. Yep. She’s just as entertaining as Kristen!

Jenn’s still as daft as they come.
    It’s amazing Jenn finally isn’t being duped by her son at every turn but her reaction to seeing JJ's new fugly shoes was bizarre. After he told her they were Rory's, she had two choices: Either believe him or call Rory's mother. Instead, she chose to tell him to get them out of the house before she returned. Why did she threaten to call Rory’s mother instead of following through and making the call right then and there so she could catch him red-handed? Didn't she think they could be stolen? She’s utterly clueless on how to parent and such a doormat.

Power couple? How deluded.
    EJ’s arrogance can be comical at times but there was nothing comical about him calling himself and Samanther a "power couple." They’re not a "power couple." He’s a powerful man. She’s not a powerful woman. She’s far too emotional to exude power! Please...

The harpy.
    If Sami was so powerful, she would have kept her enormous yap shut when Adrienne paid her a visit. Instead, she got in Adrienne’s face and made things worse for herself before Adrienne had a chance to talk to her about the attack video. While Sami exuded arrogance, like a miniature EJ, Adrienne sat back pursing those once smiling lips into bitter slits just waiting to pounce. Normally I would bitch about how much we don't recognize Adrienne anymore but the protective vibe and over-the-top demands she’s been making on Justin work so well into the story. Even those hideous 1950s house dresses, the weirdo fashion accessories and that dreadful new hairdo add to her new persona. Adrienne’s quickly becoming Salem’s most annoying. I love it. Congrats to Judi Evans for doing a bang up job.

Will they see the sex tape? (NBC Universal Inc.)
    Life needed for resident busybody.
    Another harpy is at it again. Sure her heart is in the right place, blah, blah, blah, but Maggie needs to know when to shut up and stop crying every time someone calls her on meddling in their affairs. Daniel shouldn't tell her a thing about his private life. Then she'd have nothing to gossip about.

Will Kristen do it?
    I think Brady was about to forgive Kristen on Friday, but she was too distracted by her evil plans to see that. She sure picked a perfect time to show the bishop the video. She's so wrapped up in her hatred and revenge that she doesn't even see things will be worse for her when she outs Eric. At least he has Dan's toxicology report on his side as an excuse. What excuse does she have?

Addressing the rumors.

Nobody seems certain whether or not Drake has taped since March since he hasn’t been on Twitter much since that tweet in June, the studio’s keeping quiet, and he’s non-responsive on Twitter. Some media outlets thought his last airdate as July 17, but it wasn’t. He was seen July 18 and who knows if he'll be seen after that. Others say his name is no longer in the credits. Maybe he’s just recurring until he fits into a storyline. That happens all the time. We’ve no definite answers but Hogestyn’s fans are livid and don’t enjoy being kept in the dark. What do you think is happening with Drake? Vote!

Read this week’s Matt’s Musings on DOOL. A taste: "She was running around town like some kind of New Wave Hooker all week, trying to put the fear of God into everyone with her silver leopard print pants and a hairstyle that made her look like an extra from an 80s sci-fi movie. Adrienne showed up, dressed like an astronaut's wife at a picnic in the 1950s."

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter @soapoperafan, "like" Soaps.com on Facebook for "Days" scoops, other soap opera news, and recaps and spoilers from our Primetime shows "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Pretty Little Liars," "Revenge," and "Vampire Diaries."

- Christine Fix

Posted by kayhan at Friday, July 19 2013 07:16 PM

Will and Sonny were on Tuesday and Wednesday. I would rather see them on every day instead of Daniel and "stupid" Jennifer. She is totally clueless when it comes to her son.

Posted by Doris JJ at Saturday, July 20 2013 08:15 AM

I don't understand what is going on. The fans for years have wanted John and Marlena back. Finally they do it but give them some really lame story line. Now we never see them and it is possible that John is gone? Why don't they give them a decent story to work with instead of John and Kristen. Why can't we see more of Lucas? I love the way he interacts with Sami. I'm tired of Sami and EJ and want to see other things instead of her dressing like a hooker all the time.
    It does seem the stories are moving faster but we only get to see the same people instead of rotating them around and see all.

Posted by ejamiCRAZY at Saturday, July 20 2013 10:48 AM

Sorry but I have to disagree with the notion that Sami made things worse for herself with Adrienne. I thought Sami was VERY controlled (for Sami that is, lol). Adrienne never really said why she was there. She just said she was there to give Sami a chance to explain herself about the Bernardi shooting. I'm with Sami, she didn't owe Adrienne an explanation about anything. I love that Sami is embracing her role in the EJAMI power couple and I look forward to seeing these two shake up Salem in a big way

Posted by Florentine at Saturday, July 20 2013 11:34 AM

Jennifer, help me, but she is on my last nerve.
    Good for Dr. Dan, don't care for him to much either, but he did the right things, told her not to contact him .. period.. unless she wises up a bit about her son JJ.
    JJ, what a player he is. Can't stand when everybody tells Jenn what a great Mother she is to JJ. She did Not raise that boy, he was dumped into boarding school, and the only time Jenn saw him, was at his father's funeral, and that was not in Salem. The whole rapid aging of JJ just does not fit into the SL at all. He is Ciara's age,.
    Jenn and Dan just don't belong together, there is no chemistry of magic there, let Dan get back with Chloe and his son Parker. Sure don't want Jenn, the " Non Mother "raise Parker.
    Love Sami and EJ becoming a Power couple, that's a good soap SL. However, the Painting of them... Horrible... that Blue and Pink, so kitschy, not elegance, no class.
    John's role has become so pathetic, he is almost creepy to me. And his facial expressions, .. eyebrows move..etc... all of it so annoying anymore.
    I believe, the way he has been acting, that He is still sooooooo hung up on Kristin... lives in Total denial, MO.
    I like Justin and his growing friendship with EJ. The Kiriakis' and the DiMera's. Good writing.
    It's getting old, that the writers have not addressed Bo's absence a bit more, and that Nobody talks about it more. They all must be wondering, What happened to Bo...leaving his FancyFace and daughter just like that.......
    Don't get Kristin's plan yet, by exposing Eric, she is also exposing herself in the worst light ever, ... she will have nothing at all then. She will loose whatever little bit she had...Hope they do not write her out of the story, because I do enjoy her character very much.

Sonny and Will, well, like every couple, trouble will happen, and now Brent is in the picture, another threesome SL developing.
    Abby, to much of always wanting to know every thing. At times, she is also very annoying.
    We all have characters we like, and some that we just can't stand at times, something for everybody that watches.
    I love it .. when it get's over the top, crazy and outrageous, don't like goodie/boring SL's.
    Wish the other site would open up again.

Posted by allmylovingdays at Sunday, July 21 2013 01:58 PM

I think Housetops on the message board stated it for me. Sami has power because EJ loves her and will do whatever it takes to make her happy. Is she reveling in it -yes, she is but she told EJ too-hey where's my name and then named them off and I loved loved loved that scene on the sofa with them talking about it and then later laughing over the OTT bawwaahhhaaa voice of we will reign over my father's former empire - he was joking but then again not. I hope he keeps the power.

I think that someone has forgotten this is Salem or Days and most of the women have gotten their power from marrying into it or being given it to them by former lovers. That doesn't mean that they can't be successful and become more powerful.

Historically some women we admire and hear about today like Hilary Clinton, Michelle Obama, Nancy Reagan and Eleanore Roosevelt ended up with the power they received because their husbands were elected into office. They became powercouples. Did we know of these women before, I dont' think so and yet household names

We do have women who didn't need men to gain prestige and power, Oprah, Diane Sawyer, Barbara Walters to name a few. AND AS I STATED ABOVE this is Days. No woman on this show has that kind of power or keeps it.

I keep thinking that Kristen is going to get away with it for a bit longer. I don't like it but something is going to prevent her showing the video. AND then that will loom over her. I don't like this story and I didn't like the shooting and then again I hate the smoking pot stuff too.

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Tuesday, July 23 2013 06:11 AM

ejamiCRAZY But Sami did screw herself royally with Adrienne. If she had kept quiet she may not have been arrested in yesterday's show!

allmylovingdays I agree Sami has power but she's too emotional - as we've seen time and time again - to get very far with it. That's not a slam against Sami nor is it a bad thing to be emotional. Well in this case it was!