Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Days of our Lives Signs New Deal!

Wednesday, November 12 2008

Bo and Hope (Trae Patton)
    Amid constant speculation that Days of Our Lives will go the way of Passions and get cancelled, the NBC soap got a reprieve as they signed an 18-month deal with Sony Pictures TV.

Since their current contract will be up in March, 2009, that means Days will stay on the air at least until September, 2010. An additional year could be added if certain elements on the show are met, keeping the good folks of Salem alive until September, 2011.

As the show just celebrated its 43rd anniversary, it’s hard to imagine it going off the air, but with budget restraints it is certainly a possibility. It seems that in an effort to keep economic issues in mind, and as part of the renewal terms, Days of Our Lives will be changing things up a bit onscreen, which will probably lead to some casting changes.

While Soaps.com doesn’t want to see anyone leave the show, we are happy that Days of Our Lives will be around for at least the next two years!

Posted by squirleyk at Wednesday, November 12 2008 11:14 AM

Sure am glad to see that Days will be around for the next year. I have been watching since the beginning and was sure I would be missing my daily dose of Days. Keep it comming.

Posted by Moniker1979 at Wednesday, November 12 2008 05:34 PM

Put Ejami back on screen again, maybe then the ratings will go up again.

Posted by mondschein at Thursday, November 13 2008 02:09 AM

I'm glad that Days has been renewed but I'm nervous about those casting changes. I wonder who will have to go.

Posted by Katie_bug at Thursday, November 13 2008 10:15 AM

YAY!!!! Great to hear that!

Posted by LiCJ at Friday, November 14 2008 03:02 PM

For many years I have enjoyed watching Days I'm glad that that at least is two years however I wish it was more...... I agreed with Richteam if you get John's memory back and him and Marlena and other love stories you will have more fans watching the show. Please worry and don't waste another year.

Posted by days fan at Friday, November 14 2008 06:19 PM

Bring back John's memory and let them get back together the two of them have been through so much together and always find their way back!! Congrats to Nick being the killer and maybe getting him off the show!! I've been watching Day's since the mid 70's!!

Posted by Natalie at Saturday, November 15 2008 08:50 PM

something needs to change cause Im loosing interest..

Posted by Natalie at Saturday, November 15 2008 08:51 PM

Glad Bo and Hope are staying..

Posted by johnde at Saturday, November 15 2008 09:09 PM

sad to say this world is so bad no body cares what the fans want they rather have talk show that put you to sllep

Posted by doollover at Wednesday, November 19 2008 01:56 PM

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE DOOL EXTENDED...ALL BE IT, 2010 ISNT LONG ENOUGH IT IS A START. BUT LIKE LOTS OF OTHERS I HAVE BEEN WATCHING A LONG TIME (SINCE THE 80'S) AND THEY NEED TO GET THIS STORY BACK ON TRACK THE ONCE MADE IT DAYTIME'S BEST!! ♥GO DAYS GO♥