Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Renee Jones Retires From Days Of Our Lives.

Monday, April 02 2012

Jones (Nikki Nelson/ WENN)
    Calling it a day.

Longtime "DOOL" star Renee Jones (Lexi) will be exiting from the series this summer. The 53 year old actress explained to TV Guide that she feels it's time for her to retire and enjoy the rest of her life pursuing interests other than acting. She originally joined the series back in 1993. Previous to coming to Salem, Jones had roles on "Santa Barbara," "Knots Landing," "LA Law" and more than a dozen other shows.

She will be exiting in June. There are no plans for a recast.

For more "DOOL" casting news, read CSI: New York Casts Molly Burnett.

Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "Days Of Our Lives," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Scruples," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series!"

- Matt Purvis

Posted by roses4880 at Monday, April 02 2012 12:30 PM

WOW I am going to hate to see her leave!!! and OMG I would've never thought she was 53...not even 50 maybe early 40

Posted by Ricky P at Monday, April 02 2012 07:51 PM

Sorry to read that Lexi will be written out.....But DAY'S WRITERS.......YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED!!!! YOU HAVE RUN OUT OF IDEAS. SO THE SHOW IS COMPLETELY NOT WORTH MY TIME!!!!!! I have watched with my Mom since the show started.....but your storylines are STUPID!!!! See ya!!!!!!!!

Posted by animalprint57 at Friday, April 27 2012 05:33 PM

I will miss Renee Jones (Lexi) very much. I enjoyed watch her and James Reynolds (Abe) together, but I do understand she needs a break from acting! Renee Jones I will miss you, and always remember you, from a fan!

Posted by dedee at Monday, April 30 2012 01:36 PM

Well Ricky P: I have to disagree with u,sounds like your heart is not into DOOL,the story-line is great and the writer's did an awsome job, if u were a true fan and understood the show from the time it started u would know. however from ur attitude,I can tell ur not a true fan,and didn't understand it, just watched it. you need to find a soap you understand. piece out dude.

Posted by dedee at Monday, April 30 2012 01:48 PM

I am not a fan of Lexie,I will not miss her, she chose to leave her acting, to persue other interests,its not like she was fired ,I do however wish her all the best in her future. I am interested in how Ab and Theo will handle it all? Dool should recieve an award for the great performances they have displayed.I do think Gabi should leave, she is boring, and Chad and Melanie do belong together. Keep up the great work DOOL! love it.

Posted by PatsyShepard at Monday, May 07 2012 01:28 PM

I am really sad that she is leaving. She and Abe are the only sane ones on the show. She is so beautiful, talented, and sweet, I can't believe she is leaving. Please do not kill her off - maybe she can have her leave for awhile and come back. Theo needs his mother and Abe needs his wife - no one can take her place.

Posted by jackierenz at Tuesday, May 15 2012 12:56 PM

O.M.G.Im So gonna miss Renee.I have watch you for many years and a big Fan, But a Woman has to do what a Woman has to do, I Wish you all the luck, Happiness,

Posted by monila at Tuesday, May 22 2012 11:03 AM

Don't leave Lexi... we love you and we don't want our only black couple to go... don't leave abe... and if you have to go; writers please put someone else as Lexi... it will be hard to except someone else; but it will better than her dying...

Posted by Grandmahoney at Wednesday, May 30 2012 11:01 AM

I am so disappointed to hear that Lexie is leaving the show, she has been with the show for so long and has always been one of my favorites. The past week has been full of tear jerkers, she has been phenominal. I am going to miss her and wow is she gorgeous at 53.

Posted by DOOL FAN 6582 at Tuesday, June 19 2012 11:59 AM

I hate the fact that Renee Jones is leaving the show. I really loved the father/daughter story lines with her and Joe Mascolo.
    Before finding out she was leaving the show I was already trying to come up with what kind of story line would bring her back. Maybe Stefano faking his death and then faking Lexi's to see if they could come up with a cure before letting the family know and getting their hopes up. Oh well. I also hate seeing Ian leaving the show too. I think he would make a great Villian.

Anyways I hope Renee gets a Daytime Emmy nomination and win for her performance this season. She done a fantastic job acting. I have to admit it jerked tears from me. Made it very hard to watch at times. Great Job Renee. You will be missed.