Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Matthew Borlenghi Joins the Cast of Days of our Lives!

Tuesday, August 12 2008

Matthew Borlenghi (MySpace)
    Updated to add new name! Read on...

A familiar face will be bringing some law and order to Salem! Matthew Borlenghi (ex-Ziggy, The Bold and the Beautiful; ex-Brian, All My Children) spoke with Soaps.com about joining the Days of Our Lives cast as "Mayor Crews" (Update August 12- The show has changed his name to Anthony Marino) of Salem.

Regarding the details of his new character, Borlenghi revealed, “At this time, I don't know to what capacity I will be used, but I know that I will be working with the characters of Roman and Abe, the Chief and Commissioner of SPD, and will be shaking things up!” That certainly sounds intriguing! We also hear he will begin taping August 15. According to my contact at the show, fans should be prepared to watch his debut, September 18!

While he’s been away from soaps for a few years, Matthew worked with many fellow soaps stars in the movie he wrote and starred in, Jack Rio. As for how he feels about coming back to soaps after all this time, Matthew said, “I'm thrilled to be a part of a giant show like Days of Our Lives. Over the years, no matter how many other mediums I've worked in, I've had a desire to return to daytime TV in that 'special role'. I think the Mayor of Salem is that role.”

Aside from his project "Jack Rio," Borlenghi has certainly kept busy, appearing in episodes of “Dexter,” “Without a Trace” and “Standoff,” as well as the movies “The Hit,” “Cougar Club,” and most recently, “Skeletons in the Desert,” also starring Justin Torkildsen (ex-Rick, B&B) and Tanisha Lynn (ex-Dani, AMC).

Soaps.com would like to congratulate Matthew on his new role and can’t wait to see what the new mayor has planned for the citizens of Salem. We'll update you with more information as we're able!

Posted by SndrElkins at Wednesday, August 06 2008 05:22 PM

What a hottie

Posted by youngesoapwatcher at Wednesday, August 06 2008 05:45 PM

did they say will so does that mean will is comming back or is that a mistype

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Wednesday, August 06 2008 06:21 PM

Will may be a newbie. Or could be Will. I'll inquire!

Posted by lwilson_Soaps.com at Wednesday, August 06 2008 08:57 PM

We clarified with Matthew on who the character of Will is and he described Abe. So it appears the mayor will not be interacting with Will, but Abe instead, which of course makes more sense! Sorry for the confusion!

Posted by buckomb at Thursday, August 07 2008 07:55 AM

I 'm really looking forward to working with the fine actors on Days, and appreciate support from the fans of the show, and hope you will welcome me to the story...MB

Posted by youngesoapwatcher at Thursday, August 07 2008 09:07 AM

opps it was my bad lol ii guess i should read more the Chief and Commissioner of SPD, and WILL be shaking things up regarding Stefano.” thats the will i wrote again im sorry

Posted by abananies at Thursday, August 07 2008 11:46 AM

matthew borlenghi will be a brilliant addition to days!!! he's the hottest man in the whole wide world so who wouldn't want to tune in every time he's on the show! i might even stop watching when he's not on the show...

Posted by katharinaj5 at Thursday, August 07 2008 09:30 PM

Sooooo glad he's back. I've missed him on my daily soaps. I was in love with Brian, now I get to see him again....Yeaahhhh

Welcome Matt

Posted by 1LightQT at Friday, August 08 2008 09:56 AM

Welcome Matthew! Wow, just ANOTHER reason to tune into Days...you will DEFINITELY bring more SEXY to our show!

Posted by gapeach76 at Monday, August 11 2008 01:57 AM

I've been watching Days for a long long time. It's about time they had a mayor again. If I recall correctly (Chrissie correct me if I'm wrong) but wasn't there a mayor during the early Bope years???