Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Joe Penny Exits Days of our Lives

Thursday, May 08 2008

Joe Penny (tv.msn.com)
    It seems like we were just reporting that Joe Penny was joining the cast of Days as Ava’s father, Martino Vitali, and now word comes that his brief stint is already coming to an end.

***If you don’t like spoilers, please don’t read any further as details of his departure will follow.***

Vitali came to Salem to check up on his hospitalized daughter and wasted no time catching up with his former “lady friend” Kate. Believing Martino was behind Ava’s drug induced actions and therefore responsible for his pop’s death, Bo quickly tracked the mobster down, clocked him one and threatened to kill him. Apparently Brady makes good on his threat, as according to set side sources, Martino meets his untimely death on May 15th, by Bo’s hand.

We here at Soaps.com have been enjoying Penny’s turn as the dastardly mob boss and with so much potential for rich stories, namely Martino’s relationship with Kate, Penny’s departure is unfortunate. However, since Bo is the one who takes him out, we can’t wait to see what the future will hold for one of Salem's top cops.

Posted by Tesstellthetruthalready at Thursday, May 08 2008 07:21 AM

OMG...I'm so happy that Bo takes him out...does this mean Mr Vitali will not be able to make good on his vendetta threat?? So so so glad...I was dreading another vendetta s/l...Although I have enjoyed the few scenes that Joe Penny has been in, I'm glad this story will play out this way! Good Luck to Joe Penny with any future projects!!

Posted by sharonschaller at Thursday, May 08 2008 10:55 AM

THANK YOU FOR KILLING THE JERK OFF. I REALLY DON'T LIKE WHEN YOU BRING MURDERERS TO THE SHOW, THAT PUTS OUT HITS ON PEOPLES LIFE, THIS IS NOT RIGHT, AND I DON'T BELIEVE IN KILLING PEOPLE.
    BRING BACK BELLE AND SHAWN

Posted by Treester at Thursday, May 08 2008 11:01 AM

I don't think anybody loves murderers, and in killing people, but sometimes the storyline dictates it. It's the once again good vs. evil and good usually wins out every time. At least Stefano is gone (hopefully). He wasn't exactly a saint.

Posted by DAYZFANALWYS at Thursday, May 08 2008 12:18 PM

THAT WAS A FAST VISIT! I THOUGHT AVA WOULD HAVE KILLED HIM BEFORE BO..WOW...

Posted by roses4880 at Thursday, May 08 2008 01:26 PM

i had hoped this would be someone for Kate to be involved with. Let's get the mature audience some life too...enough with the shoot em ups and mysteries

Posted by firebird85 at Thursday, May 08 2008 01:44 PM

What a bummer...just when Days finally introduced good characters & story lines.. what, now back to same ole Bo, Hope, blah blah lives...god..this show is starting to bite.

Posted by Sweetness24 at Thursday, May 08 2008 07:24 PM

We don't need Martino - just bring back Stefano!!

Posted by HELEN vLAMIS at Friday, May 09 2008 03:27 PM

sorry to that Joe Penny is leaving I think he is a great actor

Posted by dr.jonas.is.hott.23 at Saturday, May 10 2008 03:27 PM

forget Vitali, bring belle shawn and claire back

Lexi

Posted by moann73 at Saturday, May 10 2008 04:29 PM

WOW, I didn't think they would get rid of him SO quick! I was hoping they would put him & Kate together. I think they need to give her a man & storyline. Maybe the "Roscoe Born" character will be with her! Joe Penny was a nice touch to the whole storyline. They better not mess with my Bo, he's been thru enough!!