Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Darin Brooks to Stay in Salem

Friday, April 25 2008

Darin Brooks (NBC)
    Looks like the character of Max will be sticking around Salem, as set-side sources tells us actor Darin Brooks has re-signed with the show. No word on how long his new contract is for, but Darin has been quoted as saying, “Days is my home and that’s where I’m going to be for a little while and we’ll see if we can get some things cooking with this character.”

As a young boy, Max was adopted by the Bradys and after some time away from Salem, returned a successful racecar driver. From there he got mixed up in the “Touch the Sky” storyline and the Ford Decker rape story, but hasn’t really had a story all his own.

We’d like to think that will all change though, because as Days fans know, there’s plenty of story to mine for Max. Is there more to him working on the docks than meets the eye? What exactly is his deal with Nick and his research? And considering they’re both Bradys (no blood relation), what adventures await Max and Stephanie?

Hopefully these are roads the writers will go down, so Darin can finally sink his teeth into a meaty storyline!

Posted by Tesstellthetruthalready at Friday, April 25 2008 08:19 AM

I hope he gets a great s/l soon...he's such a great actor, and easy on the eye as well!! Glad to know he renewed his contract!

Posted by Megan Nicole at Friday, April 25 2008 08:46 AM

Yay Max! I love him on Days! I have alwasy thought that he should have a great s/l all his own! Now we can add Steph in the mix too! They are a great couple and it is so nice to see her with a good guy and not some creep - like her ex, Jermey!

Posted by damw-stax fan at Friday, April 25 2008 10:42 AM

I am soo glad that he is staying!!! Darin is such a great actor and I am loving the Max and Stephanie storyline. The chemistry between Darin and Shelley is of the charts!!!! Can't wait for more!!!!

Posted by timmadjohn at Friday, April 25 2008 11:22 AM

I love Max!!! I also love the fact that Steph and Max are hooking up. Does anyone know the name of the love song Max turned on when he and Steph went to his room. Oh! and who sings it.

Posted by shav at Friday, April 25 2008 01:11 PM

That great new. I think that he should be mixed up with the ste/ava/kayla storyline... The met before at the cemetary and i think they look good together.. i do not like stephanie with him... but if Abby comes back...that has a mamiking for a great storyline as well.. Stephanie is like his niece, just they are not related by blood....
    GREAT NEWS OF HIS RENEWWD CONTRACT.

Posted by kclovesmax at Friday, April 25 2008 06:58 PM

I am so glad Darin is staying on the show. I am absolutely loving the Max & Stephanie storyline. like someone said Darin and Shelley's chemistry is off the charts. they are the new supercouple in the making. can't wait to see more of them. today's, Tuesday's, and last Fridays' episodes of their scenes made me smile. they are too cute together.

Posted by anglebelle1 at Saturday, April 26 2008 04:47 PM

yay ilove max ialways thought he blonged with chealse istill miss them 2 but now new steph is on ilke them they have great chemistrey.hopefully theres a love triangle between chealea and stephanie who will max choose .

Posted by david2jr at Monday, April 28 2008 08:56 AM

I am glad he is staying he is one of the better actors, not to mention handsome.
    I think he and Steph will make the next great couple!!!

Posted by mscateyes at Thursday, May 01 2008 07:27 AM

I like Max but not his intimate relationship with his niece Stephanie. She is his sister Kay's daughter (he always called her that!), and she is his mother's granddaughter (even though she now asks how his mom is doing...LOL)! This relationship shouldn't be...it's darn near incestuous...and TPTB should realize that Max needs Abby back in his life. Bring Abby back to Salem NOW!