Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Crystal Chappell Fired From Days Of Our Lives. (Updated.)

Monday, August 22 2011

Crystal Chappell (NBC)
    August 22 update:

Chappell tweeted that her last day is September 22.

Original post June 2:

Saying goodbye.

Crystal Chappell (Carly) will be leaving Salem behind. The veteran actress will no longer be part of the cast of "Days Of Our Lives" after her contract expires in August. On Twitter, the actress stated, "I'm sad but grateful for the opportunity. I made new friends and got 'VENICE' up and running thanks to you. I wish 'DAYS' much success." She later added, "P.S. Not the new writers decision."

Chappell returned to "Days" in 2009 to reprise the role she originally played from 1990-1993. Her final air date hasn't been announced. Soaps.com will keep you updated as further information is released.

Find out what Crystal had to say about some recent social media comments through Michael Fairman's Exclusive: Crystal Chappell speaks out on Twitter controversy.

For more about new changes behind the scenes, check out Marlene Clark Poulter And Darrell Ray Thomas, Jr. Are Named Head Writers For Days Of Our Lives. Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "Days Of Our Lives," all the other soap operas, "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy" and "Vampire Diaries!"

Posted by lovingDOOL at Thursday, June 02 2011 07:30 AM

Love you Crystal. Will support you, no matter what.

Posted by lisamarie2010 at Thursday, June 02 2011 07:31 AM

Of course I want Crystal to stay around..Molly and Shawn are sad to see her go...**Sniff**

Posted by MARCO88 at Thursday, June 02 2011 09:49 AM

Such a shame. Her character could of been taken in a better direction. Crystal is talented. They should of just brought Lawrence back and Nicholas then there would be reasons for Carly to be there. The new writers should change their minds and keep Crystal (Carly) around.

Posted by Elvira2 at Thursday, June 02 2011 12:05 PM

CC is one of daytime's finest. I'm beyond disappointed at DOOL's failure to realize Carly's potential with a storyline worthy of CC's talents. I wish CC continued success with Venice, and I can't wait to check out her new web soap.

Posted by Days Dreamer at Thursday, June 02 2011 07:06 PM

Too bad. I like CC and think that Carly could have been a good character if they had given her the right part and role. Sorry to see her leave.

Posted by snanax4 at Friday, June 03 2011 08:19 AM

CC was not the problem! The writers gave her the most horrendous sl when they let her break up Bo and Hope. That was an automatic guarantee to people hating her character. Bo AND Hope could have helped her in so many ways, w/o being broken apart. Days could have had a little while of questioning the relationship, but ending with Bo and Hope strong and Carly growing stronger. She could have actually been held accountable for killing Lawrence and stood trial, which would have made for heavy emotions for her and Bo and Daniel and Melanie and even Vivian and Victor, who could have worked against her on all sides, all the while messing with the Bo/Hope/family dynamics. Big mistake in the writing. But then again, it ran true to their forms, didn't it?

Posted by carlyanddaniel at Friday, June 03 2011 09:36 PM

keep Carly on the show , Her and Daniel needs to get together i think it would be a mistake to take her off, Mel has been without her parents and it would make her so happy to finally to have a family, Jack is coming back he could come back to work things out. I love the fact you are bringing marlena and John back but there are to many changes at once . It may be a mistake in taking carly off , she is my favorite actress , I know you want to keep bradys and hortons but its a nice change when you have jonas and hernandez that is what makes a town people with different names or it don't seem real

Posted by vickipei at Saturday, June 04 2011 03:12 PM

I have to get Crystal Chappel of Days, is the biggest mistake you are making the writers, producers and directors of the soap. She is a great actress, if not the best of these moments, and the role she does is what puts the suspense and the desire to continue watching the series. I unfortunately country, I see the sun, or via the Internet, and not a day that goes by that I do not see it, but it is to see what will happen with Carly .... Crystal Chappell always shine where she is and what she wants to do, always have a big support of all their fans, so is that from my point of view as a spectator, I think the most piety are executives Days

Posted by vickipei at Sunday, June 05 2011 06:33 PM

I wish to take into account the votes, because that's what people want, if producers, directors, writers Days do not, you do not appreciate the public that has followed him for years ..... Crystal has over 40% of positive votes,,,, please we want this at the Days ....

Posted by Mr. Bubbles at Monday, June 06 2011 04:12 PM

So sorry to see Crystal Chappell leaving Days Of Our Lives. I began watching the show daily again because she returned. Then when they brought back Louise Sorel as "Vivian" to stir things up, the storyline was even more interesting.
    It's been fun to watch these too fine actresses.