Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Days Of Our Lives Poll: The Return Of John?

Tuesday, March 22 2011

Drake Hogestyn (Nikki Nelson / WENN.com)
    If Black came back...

With the ratings in a slump and Brady (Eric Martsolf) in the dumps, rumors have been running rampant that the show could be bringing Drake Hogestyn (John Black) back from Europe. Considering how frequently the character changes his personality, it's hard to say which John Black would come back. All the same, if he were to return, how would you feel about it?

Vote in our poll and let us know what you would like to see if he returned. Check out Days Of Our Lives Video: Interview With Eric Martsolf. Part 1 for a peek at what it's like behind the scenes. Join Soaps.com on Twitter @soapoperafan, and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about Days Of Our Lives and all the other soap operas, Glee, Grey's Anatomy and Vampire Diaries!

Posted by Tammer at Tuesday, March 22 2011 10:03 AM

I don't care about Marlena, bring on John!!

Posted by BrandiG at Tuesday, March 22 2011 11:04 AM

Bring him back! I don't really care who does or doesn't come with him... I miss him and his eyebrow!

Posted by loriaudio at Tuesday, March 22 2011 01:49 PM

i know im in the very small majority but his acting sucks bigtime i hope he never comes back and i know i'll get flack for this but its my opinion

Posted by KABO at Tuesday, March 22 2011 03:58 PM

I only want him to come back (with Marlena) if Dena Higley is fired as head writer!

Posted by presley cat at Tuesday, March 22 2011 04:52 PM

John Black is the one character that could bail out this sinking ship. IMO, John is the most formidable opponent ever to go up against Stephano. At this point, Stephano is like an aging lion and watching these two characters spar could bring some much needed life to this mess.

John and Marlena were the glue that held this soap together. They bridged the generations and were the personification of a supercouple. Even if Marlena doesn't come back, I want my John back and that's a fact!

Posted by Days Dreamer at Tuesday, March 22 2011 05:50 PM

Yes, bring him back. The show needs shaking up and changes. I know he would be a blast from that past, but I think they have to keep changing it up, to get some momentum in the show, things are so bad now, that they should just keep trying different things to see if they can pull it out of the doldrums. They need to add some spice to this show.

Posted by leprecaun28 at Tuesday, March 22 2011 06:15 PM

I'd love fro John to come back, he was great.

Posted by dedee at Tuesday, March 22 2011 06:57 PM

I hope Drake and Diedra hall does come back to the show, they are the greatest actors of all time Days of our lives the only true love legend other than Bo and Hope,the writers shouldn't even have to ask that question, just bring them back, and to see John vs stephano would be awsome again. Brady needs John and Sammy needs Marlena,JUST BRING THEM BACK NO QUESTION ABOUT IT.

Posted by Drakelicious at Wednesday, March 23 2011 04:21 AM

OMG, YES, YES, YES! If Drake came back to DAYS, I'd start watching a show that I haven't watched SINCE Drake's last show aired. Yes, that is right. Contrary to what certain editorialist have said, people ARE boycotting DAYS since Drake was let go and we haven't watched even one day of this show. Drake is the only actor on DAYS that gave me TRUE enjoyment. He is an extraordinary actor and a MUCH needed cast member.

About Marlena/Deidre, eh, thank God this poll is ONLY about DRAKE coming back because if it was John/Marlena I'd pass on Marlena/Deidre coming back. I'd love to see Drake get a NEW love interest or even for John to be single.

Posted by monson2002 at Wednesday, March 23 2011 04:53 AM

I WOULD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE for John to return and seeing
    how the writing is about Love it would be fun to see
    him return with Kristen and she has Marlena and Susan locked away .