Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Days Of Our Lives Weekly Blog.

Friday, February 25 2011

Detective to manservant? (Soaps.com)
    These are the "Days" of my week from February 21-25:

Let’s just get right down to it today.

Ah mature love…
    The Maggie, Victor and Parker scene Tuesday was really charming. Parker is adorable and smiled the entire time and stole my heart. It was also great to see Vic and Maggs inching just a little closer. Kudos to "DOOL" for not pushing these two together uber quickly. I’m enjoying the pre-courting.

Doctor Love's at it again?
    Why did we have to sit through that nonsensical argument Daniel and Jennifer had when she was released Thursday? Oh I envy those who can fast forward. It was so random, unnecessary, and I think my ears bled a little. I almost had to down some booze myself to get through it. I’m really tired of Daniel getting hot for each of his patients (save Bo). First Chelsea, then Chloe and now Jenn? (lisamarie2010 just reminded me that Kate's another of his patients turned lovers!) Did you see how he insulted her? His patient? The only saving grace was that she got him to finally see past the end of his nose where Parker’s concerned. I’m actually curious about what’s going to happen to Parker, Philip and Chloe as a result of her attempted suicide.

If I hadn’t already seen Nadia’s great work as Lara the drunk in Venice, The Series, I’d have been shocked to see how she has transformed our little ‘deer in the headlights’. Loving the lack of make-up, the jeans, the crapola hair, and I’m really feeling for her. Loving her! So believable. Give me more!

Anti-Climax?
    Bo and Hope decided to go bowling on their ‘first date’. "Bowling?" I asked of Matt of Matt's DOOL Musings, who replied, "That's what she was missing when she was in the pen." I’m just so disappointed. Couldn’t they have been included in the Valentine’s Day celebration with few sweet words and a flashback or two to remind us of their love? They've been apart so long that there is no real reason for me to root for them. A memory would have helped. Sure Friday we were entertained with some flirting and making out, but it'd have been more realistic to have them discuss their relationship, his with Carly and how he can flip from Hope to Carly and back in the blink of an eye. I need more emotion thrown in, otherwise I can hardly care too much about the reunion. How about you? How do you feel about the Bope reunion? Vote here. I feel that storylines that are too neatly tied up rob the fans. I'm also not too keen on seeing Hope go from detective to manservant. Remind me again which women on this show have careers? Just the female hospital staff? It's not 1950 anymore. The show needs to get with the times. Hey at least Bo's back on the SPD. Maybe he'll attempt to find Arianna's killer or at least mention that they've closed the file on her case.

I dug how they rewarded Ciara for faking sick from school instead of using a little discipline. Is this a sign of the times or a sign of what’s to come with Ciara?

Kudos to Nadia. (Soaps.com)
    History repeating itself. History repeating itself. History repeating itself…repeating. Repeat.
    I liked RoboRafe for about five minutes when the script writer gave him some funny lines. Now he’s just mean and pervy and not in a good way. He does have Rafe down pat in several ways. I mean they both lumber around like Goofy, with the angry caterpillars they call eyebrows arched, yet oddly expressionless at the same time. When Allie expressed her concerns that once again, Boozo the Clown wasn’t treating her well, I felt Sami should have pressed for details or suggested therapy for Rafe. Not just for that but all the boozing the guy is doing. He’s always working on a beer and in front of the kids. So bourgeoisie. Sometimes I think Sami’s so daft he could be shooting heroin and she would be blind to it. Wasn’t he told to lay off the booze altogether? Soon he won’t be able to hide behind the concussion and he’ll have to do away with Samanther. It’s enough that Stefano did this to Marlena for years but history repeating itself doesn’t bode well with me.

The stereotypical soap opera wedding.
    There were a lot of filler flashbacks in Thursday’s wedding episode. Way more than I thought necessary, though it was good to see Kate and Stefano reminiscing about their wedding at Chez Rouge. It’s strange that neither Stefano nor EJ have discussed how Stefano was trying to get rid of Allie, who they seem to have forgotten is Kate’s granddaughter. It’s also strange that Kate has been in exactly one scene with Kate in the past year. I digress. Kate was the highlight of the wedding with her comment about Saint Taylor. "What a delicate flower. I haven’t seen anyone swoon in years." It was the regular soap opera wedding filled with the usual interruptions and I felt for Nicole who has unfortunately fallen in love with EJ when the predictability of the show tells us she’ll end up screwed over by him once again. Sure, I love their chemistry and they’re loads of fun to watch, but I’d rather they were equal than Nicole getting shi… crapped on once more. While I wasn’t surprised that Saint Taylor told Kate she may stick around if Nicole needs help with her monster-in-law, she did surprise me by telling EJ how much she’s been pining for him. Where did her loyalty go? She should have kept her yap shut and told EJ it was a chance meeting and she’s not interested. Much like how I'm not interested only I'd be telling the truth.

Those are my thoughts on the week. What are yours? Feel free to post and have a fabulous weekend.

Come see us on Twitter @soapoperafan, and Facebook. Don’t forget, it’s Daytime Emmy Pre-nom day. Find out which actors from DOOL put themselves up for a Daytime Emmy.

- Christine Fix

Posted by lisamarie2010 at Friday, February 25 2011 11:32 AM

EJ is a major slimeball and a jerk...

Galen is amazing as fake and real Rafe..but I can't wait for this stupid SL to end!

I feel Bope is happy I don't want them to be force together..these things take time...I mean Hope just got out of the stupid jail..

Nadia is WOWZA!

Also you forgot to mention Kate..Daniel and Kate were together for a while

Posted by new2itall at Friday, February 25 2011 01:03 PM

The writing in this show is crap. I only really enjoy the thoughts on here and Matt's Musings cause they make fun of the show and it makes me laugh or it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who notices how poor the writers are. Maybe they should watch their own show.

Posted by I heart U at Friday, February 25 2011 01:16 PM

You know as much as I love James Scott, this story line needs to be over. I don't understand how on Earth you can give some of these wonderful actors crap like this to act out.... I'll always be an EJ fan, But I don't even ff anymore, I just DON'T watch. Rafe is a dead end. I'd never want to bash anyone, but I really can't take much more. I don't care if it's real Rafe or Fake Rafe. I'll leave it at that. Do the writers not see the chemistry between EJ and Nicole? Why mess with it. I love those 2 together. Taylor was just a mistake. I don't even think she needs to be replaced. There are way too many people in Salem.

Jenn and Dan. BLAHHHH I'm still hoping him and Chloe will make it. Every freaking couple always starts off arguing and hating each other, this is old. We don't even need spoilers for this show. We all already know whats going to happen.

I don't watch Bo and Hope anymore. They aren't my couple from the 80's these people have been strangers to me for a very very long time. So I could care less about them.

Sami... She's only making me hate her even more. Who is she? Really... I don't care who Sami's with and nothing will change that, because there will always be a somebody that she puts first... She's always been this way. I am not even able to watch her any longer.

I don't know Chrissi... I'd rather watch Spongebob now then Days. I don't even change the channel anymore.

Posted by DOOL1965 at Friday, February 25 2011 01:46 PM

Chrissi isn’t this actor bashing GG can’t help his eyebrows are the way they are? Any more then JS can stop blinking his eyes all the time ~ I know we have been reminded over and over again by admin. not to talk about JS blinking because it was bashing ~ just wondering!!!!!

Posted by I heart U at Friday, February 25 2011 01:50 PM

Well you just talked about it. I'm a James fan and could care less what you think about his blinking. Actor bashing really? Maybe if we were all 10 years old and had a teacher we needed to run and tell it would be worth a complaint. But really?

Posted by FatherJohn at Friday, February 25 2011 02:14 PM

I think there is something that he can do about the brows if it bothered him. There are people that tame brows for a living. If it doesn't bother him enough to change them, it really shouldn't bother you that they look like caterpillars!!

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Friday, February 25 2011 02:26 PM

Wow love reading all of your thoughts!!

I know some will disagree with what I say. That's totally fine with me! But the eyebrow comment wasn't bashing! Haha it's a fact. He has big bushy eyebrows. Many guys do. I've poked fun at zombie Carly and her hair and wardrobe, her hair colour, Chloe looking like a deer in the headlights, Philly's crazy hair... Actually his hair looks like Ben's transplanted. Is that bashing? If it is, it's not meant to be. Just me funning around. I get tired of the show so poke fun.

I was told the EJ blinking could be a medical condition so stayed away from the many many jokes I could have made. I'm not mean!

KATE!! Damn I forgot crazy Kate. Thanks Lisamarie. I thought there were more!

Posted by DOOL1965 at Friday, February 25 2011 03:00 PM

Well Chrissi your response doesn’t surprise me or the comments from your followers ~

Posted by FatherJohn at Friday, February 25 2011 04:33 PM

Now Chrissi has followers? Wow.. Imagine if all of my "followers" and all of Chrissis "followers" teamed up.. Sheesh!! Get over it.

Posted by bghwme at Friday, February 25 2011 05:01 PM

I fell asleep again while trying to watch the show. It just doesn't hold my interest.

I did re-watch Friday's show online, 'cause I wanted to see Nadia acting the part of a suicidal PPD mother. She did a good job. I love Philip in the hero role.

It occurred to me that the fauxRafe and "Sami's an idiot" story just isn't working for anyone. Days is losing viewers because of it.

Seems like the writers couldn't even give EJ a good reason for doing it. Seems like he muttered something about he wants Sami to divorce Rafe and then realize that Nicole got the better end of the deal? Huh? How does that make any sense? Guess they want to make EJ an idiot too...

Anyway, it occurred to me that the best way to turn this story around is to have fakeRafe the raper go to Rafe's cell to beat on him again. Only, this time Rafe has most of his strength back and he knocks him out and locks fakeRafe in the cell. Just as he's about to leave, Stephano walks in the door. But, Rafe hides behind it.

Stephano has come in to either kill Rafe or inject him with some kind of mind-altering amnesia drug; and he doesn't realize he is injecting his own goon! LOL This would finally give someone the upper hand on the DiMeras.

So, Rafe gets away and after telling Sami everything that's been going on under her nose and she gets all upset and everything like she does; Rafe convinces her to turn the tables on EJ by not letting on hat she knows or that she has her real Rafe back. Rafe pretends to be fakeRafe and EJ and Stephano reveal to him all their dastardly plans for Sami.