Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Rumor control: Drake Hogestyn not returning to Days

Tuesday, October 23 2007

Drake Hogestyn (NBC)
    It has been posted on several sites over the last few days that Drake Hogestyn will return to Days of Our Lives and Salem in January 2008 as 'Russell McCallister'.

Now don't get your hopes up for a Drake return, because when I asked for confirmation on this from my pals at Days, they told me, "This is pure rumor." Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but though the actor and character is missed, he won't be returning as 'Russell McCallister'.

Soaps.com is trying to keep rumors to a minimum and we will keep you posted with facts from the show, when we hear word of anything on the 'Drake front'!

Cheers!

Posted by oldayzfan at Tuesday, October 23 2007 11:43 AM

Well, I must admit I'm very disappointed. Like they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...

Posted by pdames4 at Tuesday, October 23 2007 12:13 PM

Stopped watching years ago when Marlena stZrted levitating. However, why in the world would they kill off a Fan favorite? John was my very fave character other than Sami. I guess some things really do change.

Posted by ruby4273 at Tuesday, October 23 2007 12:18 PM

Though it was truly the most sad day in DOOL's history when John died, I don't care what "rumors" are flying where!!! Knowing DOOL's history with almost ALL of the deceased coming mysteriously back to life, I don't doubt one bit that Mr. John Black will return to DOOL. Maybe not in January 2008, but he will return sometime in the future. Don't fret Days fans ......

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Tuesday, October 23 2007 01:29 PM

Yeah who is to say he won't be back at some point? I'm not saying never, I'm just reporting facts.

Posted by keboyd at Tuesday, October 23 2007 05:12 PM

The way it was played out doesn't seem as if he could come back as John, but as someone who is a John look alike. Miss you John always

Posted by dark eyes at Tuesday, October 23 2007 09:05 PM

I have been watching Days of Our Lives since I was a little girl. I watched it when my mother watched. At the time I started watching Julie was married to a man named Scott possibly and having and affair with Doug. Her son or some small child took pictures of them. That is along time. I hate to say with the letting go of Drake Hogestyn, that I will no longer be looking at it. Marlenea and John were always a super couple. Why didn't they kill off the bits players on the show, like the guy who plays old man Brady or Caroline. Also, who misses their fathers funeral. They could have hired some extra's to come on as Brady, Chloe, Erich, Austin and Carrie

Posted by thereyougo at Wednesday, October 24 2007 05:51 AM

The show should do whatever it can to bring Drake back in the role fo John Black. Killing John when the show ranks at the very bottom of the ratings and suicide for the show.

Posted by mvand at Wednesday, October 24 2007 09:02 AM

I have been watching Days for 12 years and now I can't watch it any more. They have turned this soap into the Sami Brady hour. She is on everyday and her storyline is stupid. All Sami does is whine. There is no way two good looking men like EJ and Lucac would be fighting over her. I will start to watch Days again when she is gone.

Posted by moma at Wednesday, October 24 2007 12:58 PM

Chrissie: Who is to say that they weren't fibbing to you too??
    After all what better way to keep the "hype" going than to keep stirring it up.
    Maybe he won't return...IDK.... but where did this "Russ" rumor originate??
    Can you say for sure that the fellas at DOOL aren't just scattering things in the wind???
    I hope this is just more of Mr. Scott stirring the pot again after all he said that he was gonna get us stirred up did he not???

Posted by moma at Wednesday, October 24 2007 01:02 PM

Remember, Everything isn't as it appears in Salem....
    You said that... not me
    I'm sure we haven't seen our last days of John Black!!!!!!

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: