Days of Our Lives - NEWS ROOM

Days Of Our Lives John SPOILER

Wednesday, October 10 2007

Drake Hogestyn (John Black) fatal accident (Soaps.com)
    Normally, Soaps.com doesn’t post spoilers inside our news articles, but this is a special case. For those who do not wish to know what happens next with the character of John Black, please don't read on.

Well the cat is out of the bag, and has been for quite some time now. Sworn to secrecy about this little tidbit for weeks, I was unable to share that this week on Days, John Black (Drake Hogestyn) is involved in a pretty serious car accident that will kill him.

The buzz has been going around because someone leaked it too early, unfortunately. This has created a stir with Days of Our Lives, and we've been inundated with emails begging for confirmation that this is coming to pass. Well folks, I hate to be the bearer of bad news. It's always difficult to sit on something this huge, especially when my friends at the Drake Hogestyn fan club come seeking information. (Sorry I couldn't spill, gals!)

Days fans are going to be hurled into a heart wrenching storyline where John Black will be hit by a car, forced to say goodbye to his family, and then passes on, with the family asking… "WHY?!" Fans are asking the same question. All I can tell you is that when I first received this tidbit from my pals at the show, I asked them if Drake was leaving the show. They normally don't comment on contract status, so this is what they asked me to tell all you fellow Drake/John fans. "Things in Salem may not always be what they seem. The show has no official comment at this time. Guess we need to tune in to see how it all plays out!" This death may not mean the end of John Black, so let's all just hang in there and see how the story plays out. (These are just my thoughts here. Please don't email me to ask if he's coming back because I don't know! I'll post if there is any change, promise.)

To start things off, here's a promo clip from our pals over at NBC. John is hit by a car. You can also check my Days of Our Lives Spoilers to see photos. I'll warn you all, they're not pretty.

This Soaps.com reporter is hoping that this is all part of a greater storyline and that Drake will be around the show for a long time to come!

Posted by lrr352 at Wednesday, October 10 2007 08:59 AM

OMG I can't believe that Marlanea and Belle has to go through this again. Why John had to be the one I have all was liked his charter.

Posted by stims at Wednesday, October 10 2007 09:51 AM

they just can't do this now, but I will keep on watching.
    Nobody dies for long on this soap.

Posted by milah_jae313 at Wednesday, October 10 2007 10:02 AM

Ok i normally don't take the time to post comments but this really sucks and makes me mad. First John is out for months in a coma, then his liver or kidney or whatever is stolen and now he's leaving again when we haven't even really seen him on canvas since he came out of the coma. It's like, OK, you could have left him in the coma then and let him die, he hasn't been on anyway. I'm really mad about this, I love John and Marlena and it seems the writers have done nothing but put them through turmoil since Alex North came on the scene. They haven't even really had a chance to have a good storyline and they are one of the Salem power couples. Booooo to Days for this writers-foul.

Posted by JamesScott1Fan at Wednesday, October 10 2007 10:35 AM

I feel so bad for Marlena and Belle they are going to be so devastated. I'll miss John. This sucks.

Posted by Teiralinda at Wednesday, October 10 2007 12:12 PM

Oh Geez, its been known for months and told by Drake HIMSELF - he wants OUT OF HIS CONTRACT. COntract is up and he will NOT RENEW. At the time earlier this year when John was in hospital with problems maybe he had not made his decision. John/Marlana/Roman is OLD STORY - too bad Marlana isn't with him and leaves the show. They will make a new John or change storyline and bore us again with middle aged - bs. The younger version of "DOOL Sex in Salem is lame too. Writers - go back to the THINK TANK - DOOL needs an overhaul.. The DiMera storyline made a great summer watch - follow it thru and stop the Lucas, Kate whining bs

Posted by sunnyshadow at Wednesday, October 10 2007 12:23 PM

If John is out of the picture, which I for one am sad to see him go; then they should put Marlena and Roman back together. They used to be a power couple and can be one again. Soaps are about all age groups - not one. Writers, please give a fair share to the young and middle aged. After all, it's the middle aged who pay for the tv's that the young ones watch. Thanks,

Posted by TheNextGenerationOfDOOL at Wednesday, October 10 2007 05:57 PM

They all come back to life for enough MONEY!!! That is if that is what the hold-up is on renewing his contract is all about. Anyone can be written out at anytime, but if there is a funeral bring back Cloe & Brady it is time to have some long lasting love relationships! I think the Opera house Brady was having build should be finished and their honeymoon around the world should be over! Yes I know Kyle plays on BB but if there is money get him and John I like you but you can die in Peace! Roman is waiting for Marlena anyway! Sorry Kate! I guess you get Stepheno!

Posted by Sweetness24 at Wednesday, October 10 2007 07:54 PM

Looks like it only a short time now for days to be cancelled.

Posted by JamesScott1Fan at Wednesday, October 10 2007 09:37 PM

This is terrible. Drake has been with the show how long and this is how they get rid of him. John has barely been on the show. His character got shot and was in a coma then lost a kidney. Since he came out of the coma he has hardly been on and know this! This is a sad day in daytime my friends. Hopefully down the road they will bring him back. This is going to be so sad. But I wouldn't mind if they had Marlena and Roman get back together keep Anna and Tony together and get them back together. Sami has been waiting for years for it to happen so maybe the time is now. This is just going to kill Belle they are going to be devastated.

Posted by Mc21girl at Wednesday, October 10 2007 10:50 PM

I think Sami should marry ej because She does love him but she won't admit it to herself. EJ understands Sami alot better than Lucas does so why stay with him.
    Go EJ !
    He is perfect for her cause they are both bad seeds.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page: