List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Mistake?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Mistake?

Started by SamiBrady_Chelsea at 2007/01/30 01:06PM
    Latest post: 2007/01/31 11:06AM, Views: 523, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2007/01/30 01:06PM
    Mistake?
    SamiBrady_Ch...

I thought Philip was in the Marine Corps....his uniform is certainly a replica of it, yet this was said, "Philip claims that he has learned a lot in the army, 'like how to kill a man with his bare hands'."....so I'm confused is it Army or Marine Corps, if its the Corps, then the writers made a BIG mistake having him compare himself to the Army...Marines NEVER do that. Just wondering....

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/30 01:06PM
    #2   2007/01/30 01:09PM
    Re: Mistake?
    Natalie

He is suppose to be in Marines... But maybe he converted to Army.. I thought it was Marines though...

I think whoever posted ment to type Marines.. I swear he said Marines..

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/30 01:11PM
    #3   2007/01/30 03:20PM
    bearrie

Phil was originally listed in the Marines. He was a Marines man. However, it has happened before where some writer in soap land has decided that rewriting history for the sake of a line makes more sense, and so that's what they do. Rewrite history to fit a current line. SAD isn't?

#4   2007/01/30 06:26PM
    Natalie

Quote bearrie: Phil was originally listed in the Marines. He was a Marines man. However, it has happened before where some writer in soap land has decided that rewriting history for the sake of a line makes more sense, and so that's what they do. Rewrite history to fit a current line. SAD isn't?

The Marines would make more sense to me...Me Being a military wife and all.. I never thought that the whole military was played out right anyway.. I mean Phillip was never at work and what post would be in Salem? JMO

#5   2007/01/30 07:58PM
    SamiBrady_Ch...

Quote Natalie:
    Quote bearrie: Phil was originally listed in the Marines. He was a Marines man. However, it has happened before where some writer in soap land has decided that rewriting history for the sake of a line makes more sense, and so that's what they do. Rewrite history to fit a current line. SAD isn't?

The Marines would make more sense to me...Me Being a military wife and all.. I never thought that the whole military was played out right anyway.. I mean Phillip was never at work and what post would be in Salem? JMO

I'm a military wife too, actually a Marines wife, I just know a Marine would go INSANE if anyone EVER said they were Army...they are very firm about that....but aside from that, thanks for clearing up my confusion I thought he was Marines but like Bearrie said soap writers like to change things not thinking we will notice

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/30 07:59PM
    #6   2007/01/30 07:58PM
    sassafras

Quote Natalie: He is suppose to be in Marines... But maybe he converted to Army.. I thought it was Marines though...

I think whoever posted ment to type Marines.. I swear he said Marines..

I taped todays show and I just watched it and Phillip did say the Marines.

#7   2007/01/30 08:05PM
    SamiBrady_Ch...

oh ok thank you. Then Chrissi just made a typo it happens.

#8   2007/01/31 05:55AM
    Sheebs

I read Chrissi said Army and I rewound the DVR 4 times to make sure that Philip said the Marines. My Brother was and is a Marine, along with a cousin and many friends and a Marine would kill you if you said he was in the Army.YOu never compare the Marines to the Army.
    Marines have very strong Corp pride, that is what makes them The Few and The Proud. Philip said Marines.

#9   2007/01/31 10:00AM
    SamiBrady_Ch...

Quote Sheebs: I read Chrissi said Army and I rewound the DVR 4 times to make sure that Philip said the Marines. My Brother was and is a Marine, along with a cousin and many friends and a Marine would kill you if you said he was in the Army.YOu never compare the Marines to the Army.
    Marines have very strong Corp pride, that is what makes them The Few and The Proud. Philip said Marines.

ha ha ha yeah I know my Husband would probably have banned me from watching DOOL if they really made that mistake lol

#10   2007/01/31 11:06AM
    starbright

My husband is an Army man, and according to my husband you never mention the Marines either, and visa versa!!!!

God bless all of our armed forces, no matter what their differences are, they are coming together for one purpose, to keep peace while they are serving overseas!

God bless them all and their families, and let us hope and pray that they come home!!!!! ((((((((((applause))))))))!!!!
    (((((((applause))))))))))))))!!!!!!

peace,
    starbright

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list