List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Who is Smokey Robinson

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who is Smokey Robinson

Started by cbrady at 2006/11/15 11:22AM
    Latest post: 2006/11/26 02:50PM, Views: 746, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2006/11/15 11:22AM
    Who is Smokey Robinson
    cbrady

I am sorry this is a dumb question but who is Smokey Robinson? I hope someone can answer this for me.

#2   2006/11/15 11:24AM
    Re: Who is Smokey Robinson
    Serena

You're going to make me cry "Tears of a Clown"....he is a great singer!

#3   2006/11/15 11:28AM
    cbrady

Quote Serena: You're going to make me cry "Tears of a Clown"....he is a great singer!
    Sorry I never heard of the song I am sorry

#4   2006/11/15 11:35AM
    Serena

Quote cbrady:
    Quote Serena: You're going to make me cry "Tears of a Clown"....he is a great singer!
    Sorry I never heard of the song I am sorry

Don't apologize, when I started buying his music he was 'Smokey Robinson and the Miracles', he is from my era....but you may know some of his other music, from the last couple of decades? You can look him up on amazon.com maybe. He has sparkly eyes, and a great voice. Quite the big star for days, as well as the upcoming x'mas singer. I think Smokey was a guest on Idol a couple of years back.

#5   2006/11/15 11:47AM
    GL4ever

OMG!!! Your making me feel sooo old, he is the singer of so many great Motown songs. http://www.rockhall.com/hof/inductee.asp?id=180

#6   2006/11/15 11:52AM
    Serena

Quote GL4ever: OMG!!! Your making me feel sooo old, he is the singer of so many great Motown songs. http://www.rockhall.com/hof/inductee.asp?id=180

Yes, I need my geritol just to stay awake and watch the show, back when it started it was only a 30 minute sudz, now Alice and I have both gotten grey together, she just ages better!
    We are mature....never old, haha!

#7   2006/11/15 03:38PM
    msbobbie50

Smokey Robinson is old school and yes he was smokey and the Miracles. He made OOh,Baby,Baby,You can't want you can't Need,The Tears Of a Clown I can just go on and on. I am a Livid fan of his now and his yester years.

#8   2006/11/16 11:53AM
    cbrady

I finally got to her smokey but his voice still do not soud familar. I however did like his music.

#9   2006/11/16 02:31PM
    claysmyheart

:) I loved the song he sang today ! Smokey is a legend and its nice to still hear him ! But JUST WAIT till you hear Days of our Lives other SUPERSTAR SINGERMAN!!! I think I may have to have the paramedics on hand for that one !!!!

#10   2006/11/24 09:36AM
    OV123

Quote cbrady: I am sorry this is a dumb question but who is Smokey Robinson? I hope someone can answer this for me.

He's just not of your era. No problem. Smokey Robinson was at the core of the success of early Motown. Not only was he the founder and lead singer of The Miracles (before they were "Smokey Robinson and the Miracles"), he is one of SONGWRITERS of that dynasty, who shaped the music and words and flavor that was Motown. He not only wrote for the Miracles (Second that Emotion, Tears of a Clown, More Love), but he penned hits for The Temptations and Supremes, etc. Please Google! You might find it interesting.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list