List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Why is Patrick so hung up on Hope?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why is Patrick so hung up on Hope?

Started by bearrie at 2006/11/07 12:10PM
    Latest post: 2006/12/06 05:36PM, Views: 872, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2006/11/07 12:10PM
    Why is Patrick so hung up on Hope?
    bearrie

I honestly don't get it. WHY IS PATRICK SO gung ho on getting Hope? I know Hope's an awesome woman and she's a Horton/Brady to boot but still. Hope belongs to BO, and vice versa. Is Patrick hoping to gain status being w/ Hope? Patrick's a cute enough guy, why doesn't he aim for a single, available gal like Billie? WHY HOPE?

#2   2006/11/07 12:19PM
    Re: Why is Patrick so hung up on Hope?
    Qua--

IMO no one belongs to anyone on any soap

But it does poach a interesting question -- but doesn't that apply to almost any soap character?

I wish I knew why but hopefully he can become fixated on someone who returns his feelings

#3   2006/11/07 12:47PM
    bearrie

I beg to differ. If there were no such thing as any one belonging to someone, then there would be NO super couples. Supercouples are those that we look forward to seeing with each other. These pairs are the RESONS why we WATCH the damn soaps in the first place. We watch because it's fun to see that there is such a thing out there as everlasting love. Through it all, these couples are always together, working through what ever life throws their way. It's a fantasy world where there'a a bit of everything. Adventure, love, family values? - less and less of that but still, there are some. Striving to be that happy family, loving partner, kids. That whole AMERICAN DREAM bit. Yet, there are PLENTY of those. Tom and Alice? Mickey and Maggie? Austin and Carrie -Ausrie-? Sami and Lucas -Lumi-? Jack and Jen? Bope? Nikki and Victor Newman? Luke and Laura? Liz and Lucky? Sheridan and Luis? Although, you can't really count S & L because they haven't proved themselves yet. The list of supercouples (& potential ones) is miles long.

#4   2006/11/07 01:09PM
    Qua--

Annnnnd I still stick w/ what I say

That kid would be Patrick's if he weren't leaving the show -- I love KA and read all her interviews and was ROTFLMAO when she was talking about the baby being Patricl's

Personally I don't know why he is leaving and really don't care I'm just glad that he is seeing as he's irked me since he stepped foot in Salem

Plus writers love when you go ccrazy fot the 'Super Couples" it keeps them that much determined to put obstacles in their path to break them up time and time again

They have a history yes, I give you that and they also have kids holding them together -- Shawn D, the deceased Zach and now this new one

I prefer t see him w/ Hope than Billie and hope she can find someone else other than Steve once he regains his memory

#5   2006/11/08 03:57PM
    Chrissi

I think he is fixated on Hope, only because he's being paid to be, by E.J., who wants to ruin the Bradys just as Stefano did!!!

#6   2006/11/08 04:17PM
    Audd

He is definately into her because he is getting paid but may also have developed some genuine feelings for her, yuck!! My question is, and it may be a dumb one, was Patrick working for the DiMera's as soon he "appeared" in Salem??? He had his sights on Jennifer and Hope it seemed, (am I missing someone?) When did he start getting paid?? I remember he seemed a little shady right away.
    Why does Hope seem oblivious to Patrick's pushiness and shadiness and to how far along she really is in her pregnancy? Hope is far more intuitive then this. I can't wait for Patrick to be exposed for paying off the doctor. Watch out Patrick when Bo figures it all out!! Ha Ha, that's going to be great!!

#7   2006/11/08 06:04PM
    Chrissi

I was thinking the same thing when I posted that, Audd. He does seem to have true feelings for her.. unless he's acting? I'm not sure, but I think there is good in Patrick, but he just seems to get caught up in trying to impress people with money. I gather it stems from his past living with "I'll steal, cheat and lie, to get money," Bonnie. Both he and Mimi were brought up to do what they could to survive.

I liked how he showed this side to Hope a few days ago. It's too bad he's leaving. I would have liked to see more of who he is played out.

I too wonder when he started getting paid. With a new writer, we may never see that.

#8   2006/11/08 06:48PM
    bearrie

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Patrick is a good guy. He's a wild card, but a good guy. He's saved Bo and Hope from Tony; he helped Jen deliver JJ; He was working with the good guys where Alex North and Marlena were concerned. In a way, he's like John and Hope. He's been used by Stpehano.
    I just don't get why HOPE? There are plenty of gals that would hook up with him.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/28 11:09AM
    #9   2006/11/28 11:25AM
    bearrie

AGAIN, I HAVE to ask, Why is Patrick so hung up on Hope? I know that he is being paid by EJ to cause chaos and ruckus in Salem. The SLAP Partick gets from EJ tomorrow, wish I could be watching, but I will be working, and not watching. Yeah, SUCKS I know But, what can i do?
    So anyway, back to Patrick's obsession with Hope. I don't believe for a second that it's all an act. I am certain there are true feelings there. Patrick has genuine feelings for Hope. I wonder why. She is SO out of his UNIVERSE. We all KNOW that she belongs with BO.
    Here's another thought that has crossed my mind just now and I'm not believing it much. Hope, being WHO she is, stands for EVERYTHING that Patrick wants out of life. Hope Williams Brady is a CLASSY lady who was born into $$. Maybe Hope is THE status symbol that Patrick needs to have in order to feel like he's MADE it in life? Maybe Hope would be the TROPHY WIFE that Patrick wants so badly to have? Seeing as who Patrick's mom is.
    Although, I don't really buy THAT at all. Patrick seems a little old to be BonBon's son.
    I know that this latest theory of mine throws the whole Patrick having Genuine feelings for Hope out of the water, but I am not so Naive to believe it pure LOVE and admiration that Patrick has for Hope. Being around Bonnie long enough will warp ANYONE'S sense of Real love and affections. As far as Patrick caan tell, he does feel for Hope but seeing as how he isn't really playing with a FULL deck, well, that answers quite a bit of questions. What do you guys think?

#10   2006/11/28 11:35AM
    Audd

Yeah, I do think he has developed feelings for Hope, but now he is becoming a little bit creepy, like maybe, just maybe a little obsessed with her. I don't think in the beginning he was out to "get her" just because he has done good things, but when he started getting paid to do this job, he started liking her but now it's starting to go beyond that! He's starting to slip up a bit now, getting nervous! It's only a matter of time, I believe by Christmas, right???? YES!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list