List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Sami/Jen/Abby confrontation. Kudos to Jen

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Sami/Jen/Abby confrontation. Kudos to Jen

Started by ScrubsAlltheWay at 2014/07/11 06:44PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/16 08:55AM, Views: 2550, Replies: 35
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2014/07/12 08:59AM
    Re: AS Acting Started Okay & Got Awful!! Kudos to Jen
    Jen821

Quote flightygirl: I thought we were not supposed to bash actors and yet people find it OK to bash AS all the time. I don't understand?

I know you are right this should be closed! They are all talented actors and entertain us every week.. day in and day out! Kudos to the Days Cast including AS, JS & KM!!

#12   2014/07/13 12:32PM
    ladycam

Kudos to Jen that was a true mom. Though angry and shocked she pull herself together and realized all that happen to her daughter and she didn't know. Sami has usual thinks of herself first and remembers her children later. Has for Jen hugging her daughter which mom isn't in denial when it comes to their kids very realistic reaction from Jen. And Sami already ripped into Abby why should Jen turn around an join in. Am no fan of Jen's but those scenes were well done. I like Sami but her character lately is over the top and a total turn off. Who is she to talk about Abby with her past I was rolling my eyes the whole time with the way she got on. Jen should have thrown her out physically she was just annoying

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/13 12:34PM
    #13   2014/07/13 02:57PM
    fighterm

Quote sharon n nick 4eva:
    Quote dazgonby: Oh Jen was great...the first thing she did was blame Ej... way to go!

Jennifer Blaming EJ was no surprise to me either.

Jennifer found out how much of a tramp her daughter is.

Loved it!

sharon n nick 4eva, Why are you so hateful? It looks like this is personal to you. You bash Abby in every thread. Wake up. It's a soap.

#14   2014/07/13 03:41PM
    fadingrose

Quote Magic66: I think AS is a great Actress.There are times when
    Sami is too over the top in the wrong roles and Especially
    EJami.AS was perfect today the way she handled Abby.One EJ fan stated that its hard to watch EJ in that pairing.Sometimes I think JS should have had something in his
    contact about that when it comes to the EJami pairing because
    Sami makes him hard to watch for the EJ fans which isn't fair.

Are you really saying that JS should have insisted his contract specify that he shouldn't look "hard to watch" in scenes with AS? I don't think TPTB would ever agree to such a self-serving demand by a Soap actor. And I doubt they worry about being "fair" to that actors' fans.

#15   2014/07/13 03:58PM
    fadingrose

Quote flightygirl: I thought we were not supposed to bash actors and yet people find it OK to bash AS all the time. I don't understand?

Of course, negative remarks are both inappropriate and misdirected if we BASH an actor's ability or personal life. But surely most of us know that if we BASH a character, we are criticizing the writers' script and the director's instructions for each scene. (Yes, there have been times when a poster will attack an actor for his or her personal decisions, such as choosing NOT to renew a contract. THAT is mean-spirited.)

#16   2014/07/13 04:21PM
    JeanLou

I don't think we're "bashing" A. Sweeney. I admit, I'm influenced by the fact that I'm a huge Ejabby fan but honestly, when another poster said AS's acting was in her opinion, Emmy worthy, I just diagree. Sami's best moments are always with her children and Caroline. Then, she is dynamite. But while giving Abby her supposed comeuppance, I found her acting to be brittle and over the top. Someone like Kate would've never yelled but been lethal with her words. Sami just yells and screams and makes me dislike her character even more. Abby was big-time in the wrong and knows it! She feels horrible, has for a long while.

And sidenote, it was the one time I was on Jen's side and thought Missy did a fab job in that scene. Of course, she's gonna support her daughter! Even if she's appalled by her actions. I would've shown Sami the door a bit more forcefully myself!!!

We are all crazy Days fans who love our favorites!!

#17   2014/07/13 04:33PM
    fighterm

Quote JeanLou: I don't think we're "bashing" A. Sweeney. I admit, I'm influenced by the fact that I'm a huge Ejabby fan but honestly, when another poster said AS's acting was in her opinion, Emmy worthy, I just diagree. Sami's best moments are always with her children and Caroline. Then, she is dynamite. But while giving Abby her supposed comeuppance, I found her acting to be brittle and over the top. Someone like Kate would've never yelled but been lethal with her words. Sami just yells and screams and makes me dislike her character even more. Abby was big-time in the wrong and knows it! She feels horrible, has for a long while.

And sidenote, it was the one time I was on Jen's side and thought Missy did a fab job in that scene. Of course, she's gonna support her daughter! Even if she's appalled by her actions. I would've shown Sami the door a bit more forcefully myself!!!

We are all crazy Days fans who love our favorites!!

Sami's character is very different from Kate's. She was true to her character and the acting was great. Do I agree with her actions? No. I don't like vengeful people.

I think Abby should be proud that she bedded such a powerful and attractive man, no shame in that. Everyone will envy her. She was attracted to him and could not resist. If Sami posts Abby's photos with EJ, she will humiliate herself. Abby, be proud and hold your head high.

#18   2014/07/13 04:54PM
    southlass

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote stjarna: Kudos to Jen, for what? For very bad upbringing and enabling her daughter's behaviour! hugging her- for what Instead of seriously sitting down and talking to her! There was already the whole mess with Austin, and now- it should be alarming to Jen that there is something emotionally very wrong with her daughter.

But, I guess, it's ok...everyone else can get trashed- but Abigail will come out as if nothing has actually happened!
    Because they are the mighty Horton, and this indiscretion should just be shoved under the carpet...because it is the sweet, innocent, naive little Abi, who by the way wanted to continue being EJ's bit on the side...
    The same woman, who feels so sorry for the kids, but it didn't bother her to ruin everything for those kids... she knows who Samantha Brady is, who the DiMera's are...she had already had a thing with the badboy Chad....
    And what I find worse, it is that she is great at keeping up appearances, but did she think for one second about Samantha...if she such a good person, then why did she do it to another woman... she certainly wouldn't want someone to do that to her if she had a fiance...
    How would Abigail feel if, for example, Chad was her fiance, and he had an affair with another woman.... then she would be accusing that woman and be so high and mighty!

AS acting- just fine!

Jen should have confronted Abigail straight away!

1. Re: JEN.. I'm no fan of the current Jen, but I hardly think her children have been the recipients of "bad upbringing." They've both made mistakes, as all kids do, and perhaps their mom was naïve enough to think they should be forgiven. If that's "enabling," so be it--but most loving parents are guilty of that to some extent. Now Abby's "mistake" is HUGE, but what would most mother so--be shocked and unbelieving at first, and then comfort her daughter's obvious distress with a shoulder to cry on. There's time for Jen to decide how to counsel Abby tomorrow or the next day. Now both of them are too irrational to tackle the fallout. I also believe that Abby should have told Jen what was going on, right from the beginning

2. Re: ABBY. She has displayed enough doubts and regrets about what she's done, and I'm sure some of them involve guilt about what's she done to Sami and how it might affect her children. However, in the heat of passion--to paraphrase one of Caroline's wise observations-- "The heart [and the body] knows what it wants" and goes after it.

By the way, right now I am neither an EJAMI nor EJabby fan. In fact, I have disliked the entire saga for months.

These were also my thoughts. I would not be proud of what my daughter did, but at that moment she needed her mom to comfort her. You may not always like your child but you never stop loving them and you hate to see them hurt. I would have been disappoited in the writers if they had done it any differently.

#19   2014/07/13 07:36PM
    ScrubsAlltheWay

Where is there actor bashing?

I said Alison's acting was awful. If we can go on and on about someone's acting deserving an Emmy I should be able to counteract that by saying the acting is over the top.
    I have always thought AS was at the bottom of the acting ladder when it comes to Days. I put AZ, ED, even KM before her.

I have enjoyed AS in revenge mode when she isn't on a rampage. It's when she's subtle that her acting is most effective. I thought Sami hovering over Abby and hollering on Friday was scene chewery.

And I never said Abigail or Jen's parenting was perfect. I said Jen being there for her child should be expected.

#20   2014/07/14 05:05AM
    Jen821

Quote ScrubsAlltheWay: Where is there actor bashing?

I said Alison's acting was awful. If we can go on and on about someone's acting deserving an Emmy I should be able to counteract that by saying the acting is over the top.
    I have always thought AS was at the bottom of the acting ladder when it comes to Days. I put AZ, ED, even KM before her.

I have enjoyed AS in revenge mode when she isn't on a rampage. It's when she's subtle that her acting is most effective. I thought Sami hovering over Abby and hollering on Friday was scene chewery.

And I never said Abigail or Jen's parenting was perfect. I said Jen being there for her child should be expected.

That is actor bashing!! AS is a wonderful actress and that is your opinion and this thread should be Closed!!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list