List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Where did Days go wrong

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Where did Days go wrong

Started by stjarna at 2014/07/08 03:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/15 10:39AM, Views: 1915, Replies: 16
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2014/07/10 10:51AM
    Re: Where did Days go wrong
    Judy P Miller

It's just been hard to watch without Bo and Hope...talk about chemistry!! Now, EJ and Sami are leaving the show too. I agree with a post I read earlier...it seems like they are getting rid of all the characters that have made the show such a pleasure to watch, and waiting to see what happens next with them and leaving you with anxious anticipation episode to episode, not they are focusing on the teeny bopers and it is just getting boring... not to mention bringing back the wrong people, such as Kristen instead of someone like Bo that everyone would watch just to see the reunion of Bo and Hope. Maybe they could have a spin off with all the good people of Salem and have another smash hit on their hands. The Kristen situation...how many times can you have the same type situations over and over with the same results that nobody cares about except to see her exit the show. Get smart DOOL and do something quick to keep the interest and keep your best actors and storylines that have kept you on the air for years.

#12   2014/07/10 01:15PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Judy P Miller: It's just been hard to watch without Bo and Hope...talk about chemistry!! Now, EJ and Sami are leaving the show too. I agree with a post I read earlier...it seems like they are getting rid of all the characters that have made the show such a pleasure to watch, and waiting to see what happens next with them and leaving you with anxious anticipation episode to episode, not they are focusing on the teeny bopers and it is just getting boring... not to mention bringing back the wrong people, such as Kristen instead of someone like Bo that everyone would watch just to see the reunion of Bo and Hope. Maybe they could have a spin off with all the good people of Salem and have another smash hit on their hands. The Kristen situation...how many times can you have the same type situations over and over with the same results that nobody cares about except to see her exit the show. Get smart DOOL and do something quick to keep the interest and keep your best actors and storylines that have kept you on the air for years.

Another super post! Totally agree with everything you've added here! Personally, I haven't watched AT ALL in about 2 yrs. and very little prior to that after having been a very, devoted viewer for over 40 years because of how they demeaned Bope and trashed/disrespected them and the Bo character when he departed (and THEY let him go because they didn't like the character & refused to give him decent story material anymore- HE didn't "choose" that). Anyway, I'm with you on your thinking all the way through!

#13   2014/07/11 04:43AM
    bearigan

I agree our show is going down hill, but to comment on the actors\actresses leaving some have said specifically they left or are leaving because their talent is being wasted and there have been no storylines for them. I am surprised AZ is still hanging in there. Also, they keep changing the characters so we can't even get used to the way they are from one day to the next. Leave them be and stop dumbing them down. They brought Chloe and Brady back, WHY to dumb them down, turn Chloe into a protitute and Brady a druggie and we all know when they married and left they were not like that at all, so for me to like the new way, naw just can't. Too many years of the original. But they just don't get it.

#14   2014/07/14 07:41PM
    CindyHaskins

When bo and hope were on days of our lives together the were nothing but a boring couple to watch.i am so glad that the show is going to pair hope with aiden maybe he can give her all the love and devotion bo never did.as for bo he has ever right to be trash because all he was nothing but a liar and cheater that ways put his exes over hope ever time the came back to salem.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/14 07:45PM
    #15   2014/07/15 04:55AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote CindyHaskins: When bo and hope were on days of our lives together the were nothing but a boring couple to watch.i am so glad that the show is going to pair hope with aiden maybe he can give her all the love and devotion bo never did.as for bo he has ever right to be trash because all he was nothing but a liar and cheater that ways put his exes over hope ever time the came back to salem.

Like him/them or not, it's completely inargurable when Bo & Hope were given quality story material by true professional writers and were kept TRUE to the characters they were created to be, DAYS stayed in the top tier of the ratings. When a writing team came (Dena Higley & Co.) is when the demeaning/weakening of their love story happened and Bo was taken TOTALLY OOC with the nasty Carly affair! Hope, also, would've NEVER taken him back so quickly & abruptly when the affair ended. ALL of that was devastating & horribly written, BUT it was because of an agenda of those writers that failed (and part of that team, unfortunately, is still tptb). DAYS hit the bottom of the ratings for the first time ever at that time and to this day remains there. Disagree that Bo "deserved to be trashed" - he'd never gotten with another woman while Hope was alive until then. She was always believed dead with Billie and Carly the first time and stories played out (yes, he often put his exes first as part of his guilt because he knew how much they loved him, etc.) But it always came back to Bope as each others' true loves as it should've been and was played out fully & emotionally for the audience (VERY unlike the pathetic, hurried reunion after his Carly affair because those writers didn't want Bope anymore). Anyway, Aiden is okay although from what I saw the time I saw him just another pretty face - and I'm not concerned about him being Hope's new love if that gives her story, but to show respect to MANY viewers the writers definitely should close Bope out respectfully if for no other reason than for what they brought to the show over the years (the best couple ever with consistent high ratings - again, like them/him or not - just a fact)! I don't watch anymore because of the disrespect already shown but would love to come back to watch Hope move on & see how that goes IF they give them proper closure.

#16   2014/07/15 07:33AM
    Sabrona

Days has gone downhill when they stopping listening to the fans. I mean I get we can't write the s/l but it's like we don't even exist. Dannifer, I mean really??!! He can't forgive her for stating the obvious. Ejami has been the most interesting s/l in a very long time, now if we could only let Nicole for once be Happy, Theresa, why is she still walking?? (Love the actress herself) John and Marlena... ....
    I'm not feeling the Hope&Ayden... ...he's to much of a pretty boy for her. Dragging the S/l kills me.. There is so much more I can add but I'm just stating what other ppl wrote already . This is just my opinion too...

#17   2014/07/15 10:39AM
    CindyHaskins

Well I for one don't see aiden just a pretty face for hope and he will be so good to her.i cant waint until the become a couple because the will be so great together.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/15 10:43AM
    « 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list