List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Where did Days go wrong

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Where did Days go wrong

Started by stjarna at 2014/07/08 03:55PM
    Latest post: 2014/07/15 10:39AM, Views: 1969, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2014/07/08 03:55PM
    Where did Days go wrong
    stjarna

Where did Days start to go downhill for you...?

Me...well... destroying Ejami!
    constantly ppushing Dannifer, so boring, so without chemistry.
    Long, boring Jordan storyline.
    Making Daniel into super-hero.

Not dealing with Bope properly...
    Making Brady into this too messed up guy...
    bringing on Theresa- sorry, she is so without, jmo
    Destroying Chloe completely...

etc

#2   2014/07/08 04:03PM
    Re: Where did Days go wrong
    flightygirl

Pimping their favorites and ignoring fans! Pimping Rafe, Abigail, Dannifer, etc. Just overall boring writing. Bringing in GV as a boring priest (what a waste)! Losing their best actors/characters! (EJ, Sami,oldWill,chloe, philip, etc)

#3   2014/07/08 04:04PM
    flightygirl

I forgot about the Bo situation! WTF?

#4   2014/07/08 05:04PM
    days78

Gee's How far back do want me to go... there have been several wrong turns.
    Let's start with John & Marlena and Roman.... several years ago Marlena got pregnant with Roman's child and they chose to have her miscarry instead of bringing a long story arc full circle. Marlena got pregnant by John with Belles when married to Roman, for her to have Roman's child while married to John is a s/l that could still be playing itself out today.

The total destruction of Bo's character and destroying Bope was another bad curve in the road. The way they so poorly wrote John & Marlena out several years ago was a slap in the face to the viewers and the actors... the way they have written them (especially John) since returning is even worse.

Those are the major points for this viewer of where the show went off course, but the bigger picture is that the s/l are isolated instead of interwoven and the days of good soap writing which you can find all over youtube drives home how great this show used to be.

#5   2014/07/09 01:17AM
    Magic66

Quote flightygirl: Pimping their favorites and ignoring fans! Pimping Rafe, Abigail, Dannifer, etc. Just overall boring writing. Bringing in GV as a boring priest (what a waste)! Losing their best actors/characters! (EJ, Sami,oldWill,chloe, philip, etc)

JS/AS chose to leave on their own.There is nothing
    KC can do about that.All KC can do is try to hold either
    the JS fan base or the EJami fan base.Days really started
    going down after Higley the hack and her crew did that horrible writing.I remember JS fan base brought days back from the brink of death.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/07/09 01:19AM
    #6   2014/07/09 05:28AM
    Jen821

Days went wrong with very bad writing and not caring about what the fans have wanted for many years. I believe the talented actors are as dissatisfied with the parts they are playing as we are of watching the garbage they are producing. I think it's a big part of why the actors leave.

#7   2014/07/09 05:31PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote stjarna: Where did Days start to go downhill for you...?

Me...well... destroying Ejami!
    constantly ppushing Dannifer, so boring, so without chemistry.
    Long, boring Jordan storyline.
    Making Daniel into super-hero.

Not dealing with Bope properly...
    Making Brady into this too messed up guy...
    bringing on Theresa- sorry, she is so without, jmo
    Destroying Chloe completely...

etc

I agree!

#8   2014/07/09 05:31PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote flightygirl: Pimping their favorites and ignoring fans! Pimping Rafe, Abigail, Dannifer, etc. Just overall boring writing. Bringing in GV as a boring priest (what a waste)! Losing their best actors/characters! (EJ, Sami,oldWill,chloe, philip, etc)

Good post!

#9   2014/07/09 05:32PM
    sharon n nic...

Quote flightygirl: I forgot about the Bo situation! WTF?

Me too! WTF!!!!

#10   2014/07/10 07:08AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Jen821: Days went wrong with very bad writing and not caring about what the fans have wanted for many years. I believe the talented actors are as dissatisfied with the parts they are playing as we are of watching the garbage they are producing. I think it's a big part of why the actors leave.

DAYS started it's sad & unnecessary nosedive over a decade ago (can't remember the exact year but it's been a WHILE), but ignoring the established vets while introducing newbies has been poison to the show - a slow death - and the refusal of tptb to change has been devasting! BALANCE has been the key thing here, but recent writers don't know or care about that! We all know times change & youth are so important to ALL shows, but forgetting the recognizable characters & using them only as props with dribble, meaningless dialogue is NOT the way for the show to hold the faithful audience, stay popular, & continue to succeed. This has been going on throughout the dying years and NO changes have been made to improve. They've had ample time to recognize this glaring problem! Bringing back weak characters & still bringing in new ones is NOT good - helps nothing and we can see the show is barely breathing now! It's not ALL about EJAMI - the show has been suffering even through their strongest, constant front & center best moments along with Daniel, Jenn, Rafe, Brady, Nicole, etc. - it's the WHOLE scenario. DAYS has stayed rooted to the bottom of the ratings! MY personal problem was the bringing down of the most popular couple they ever had - Bope - during the Higley sad years - and never bringing them back as they COULD have (not like they were in the 80's but how they could've been utilized to their fullest potential as they grew older as a vital part of the "strong" foundation of the show)! It's dreadful how terribly they were wasted and how horribly they've handled Bo's absence! No wonder Peter (Bo) and other popular characters leave - they give them nothing but crumbs (and in Bo's case, trashing & total disrespect), and the writing is so poor all round that even those "crumbs" are stale. They simply quit caring about the fans' choices and the results have been pitiful. THAT's where DAYS went wrong imo! No one to blame but tptb!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list