List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Peter Reckell " said so "

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Peter Reckell " said so "

Started by wwil1963 at 2014/05/06 08:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/14 04:05PM, Views: 3956, Replies: 22
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2014/05/09 11:09AM
    Re: Peter Reckell
    wwwwww

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote NancyNLV: So loved Bo back in the days of the motorcycle and when he kidnapped Hope on her wedding day to Larry that was so exciting I remember screaming when he walked into the room and took her. Appreciate how he wants to spend time with his family but it would be nice to see him come back and put a closure to he and Hope so they can continue to write a story for her it just does not seem right to have anyone in her life right now as long as she is still married to Bo they were such a big part of this soap for decades. It will be weird to see her with anyone.

I totally relate to this post. Until Bo's absence has been handled properly & favorably to Bope fans (and any fan who watched DAYS over the decades) it just WILL be "weird" (and completely OOC) seeing Hope with anyone else! There's NO understandable or acceptable reason for NOT giving Bope believable closure BEFORE moving Hope into another romance - NONE!! Also, agree with "fadingrose" when said that DAYS was MUCH higher rated BEFORE Sami & EJ were given front & center feature daily. Nothing against them & they did become the most popular in recent years BUT the ratings stayed in the tank throughout! The writers needed to share the center stage with ALL popular characters (vets & newbies)and the show has suffered terribly since they didn't make that choice imo!

I think someone said that Days had 9 million viewers with Doug and Julie. They were very popular. I like Bo and Hope but I don't think they should be the main focus of the show sure you give them a story but I don't think it should be the main one. They need to focus on younger characters like Theresa, Brady. They may drop in ratings when Ejami leave but they are in last place anyways so does it really matter. I would like to see them finish Bo's story out though I doubt Hope leaves with him unless Kristian Alfonso is leaving the show.

#12   2014/05/09 11:26AM
    CindyHaskins

I have to say kristian alfonso is not leaving days of our lives any time soon.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/09 11:27AM
    #13   2014/05/09 02:17PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote wwwwww:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote NancyNLV: So loved Bo back in the days of the motorcycle and when he kidnapped Hope on her wedding day to Larry that was so exciting I remember screaming when he walked into the room and took her. Appreciate how he wants to spend time with his family but it would be nice to see him come back and put a closure to he and Hope so they can continue to write a story for her it just does not seem right to have anyone in her life right now as long as she is still married to Bo they were such a big part of this soap for decades. It will be weird to see her with anyone.

I totally relate to this post. Until Bo's absence has been handled properly & favorably to Bope fans (and any fan who watched DAYS over the decades) it just WILL be "weird" (and completely OOC) seeing Hope with anyone else! There's NO understandable or acceptable reason for NOT giving Bope believable closure BEFORE moving Hope into another romance - NONE!! Also, agree with "fadingrose" when said that DAYS was MUCH higher rated BEFORE Sami & EJ were given front & center feature daily. Nothing against them & they did become the most popular in recent years BUT the ratings stayed in the tank throughout! The writers needed to share the center stage with ALL popular characters (vets & newbies)and the show has suffered terribly since they didn't make that choice imo!

I think someone said that Days had 9 million viewers with Doug and Julie. They were very popular. I like Bo and Hope but I don't think they should be the main focus of the show sure you give them a story but I don't think it should be the main one. They need to focus on younger characters like Theresa, Brady. They may drop in ratings when Ejami leave but they are in last place anyways so does it really matter. I would like to see them finish Bo's story out though I doubt Hope leaves with him unless Kristian Alfonso is leaving the show.

Never EVER said Bo & Hope need to be the "main" feature here but they DEFINITELY should've gotten better story material than they got in their last years on DAYS (the reason Peter left - only wanted BETTER story material and fair air time)! The writers refused and chose to give ALL the beefy dialogue to the younger characters & the newbies - and it has NOT helped the show. Has hurt it tremendously and all I've ever said, and obviously it would've been better, was they should "share the stage" with ALL popular characters - young & old. I love Julie & Doug as well and think they should utilized more, too - just Bope became my faves! Also, don't think anybody's ever thought Kristian was leaving the show should Peter return to close out Bo more favorably with the fans. Don't know WHERE that idea came into play. She's definitely staying but "most" fans want their legendary love story ended with acceptable & respectful closure!!

#14   2014/05/09 02:38PM
    maja

I really don't care if PR comes back, I don't miss him.In fact, I rank John and him in the category of self-righteous bores that I'm glad aren't on the show anymore.I just wish that tptb would either kill Bo off or have Hope tell him she's tired of his saving the world and not giving a hoot about his child or his marriage so give her an address so she can send the divorce papers.

#15   2014/05/09 11:43PM
    daysofold

Quote maja: I really don't care if PR comes back, I don't miss him.In fact, I rank John and him in the category of self-righteous bores that I'm glad aren't on the show anymore.I just wish that tptb would either kill Bo off or have Hope tell him she's tired of his saving the world and not giving a hoot about his child or his marriage so give her an address so she can send the divorce papers.

You can blame the writers for the horrific send off PR got when he departed Days. They've have almost 2 years to rectify and bring closure the Bo and Hope but they haven't. I am thankful to have watched these two when the writing was great... now, no thank you.

#16   2014/05/10 08:29AM
    CindyHaskins

If peter reckell was a professional he would have suck it up and excepted what the writer and the show was giving him regrading material.

#17   2014/05/10 08:54AM
    scorpiogirl 43

ahh sorry to bust your bubbl, but after hope was declared dead... he did move on and yes he was married to Billy. Apparently you have'nt been a days fan for long????

#18   2014/05/10 09:02AM
    scorpiogirl 43

the point being..... that he moved on with Billy and was infinitely more interesting....

#19   2014/05/10 11:01AM
    CindyHaskins

I been a days of our lives fan since 1994.so I know the true history of bo and hope and bille love triangle storyline.also I know bo brady love interest and who he move on with.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/10 11:02AM
    #20   2014/05/12 05:08AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote scorpiogirl 43: the point being..... that he moved on with Billy and was infinitely more interesting....

Yes, there was a time when Bo believed Hope was dead & moved on with Billie but "infinitely more interesting" is VERY debatable since Bo & Hope were the 2nd most popular couple in ALL of daytime & the MOST popular DAYS ever had. Some did like him better with Billie (mostly when Bo was replaced with another actor and THAT Bo had some good chemistry with Billie) but when Peter returned as Bo and Hope returned he ended up telling Billie he'd never love anyone the way he loved Hope. Hope was his life partner - the love of his life! Now, back to this topic! Peter knows his character better than anyone and what the fans loved & wanted most of all. That's why he made these comments on twitter. He's very disappointed in how the writers have left Bo out there (no respectful exit/closure) and is why he's willing to come back so they could do that (for the fans)!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list