List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Peter Reckell " said so "

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Peter Reckell " said so "

Started by wwil1963 at 2014/05/06 08:19PM
    Latest post: 2014/05/14 04:05PM, Views: 4149, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2014/05/06 08:19PM
    Peter Reckell " said so "
    wwil1963

During a tweeter chat and also in the soap digest, PR said that his wife, daughter Lorden and his self have relocated to Nashville, we did not want to raise our daughter on the west coast, he also said that he is not happy with the long absence of Bo and him being off the canvas this long with no word, He also said "About Going Back to Days," "I don't think that will ever happen as a long term commitment," but going back to Days to close out Bo's story in a respectful way, I would do that for the fans you have been very faithful and dedicated for years, decades! he said it might be time to contact the show and talk, stay tuned. Oh yea Happy Birthday Peter! 5/7/14

#2   2014/05/07 12:50PM
    Re: Peter Reckell
    NancyNLV

So loved Bo back in the days of the motorcycle and when he kidnapped Hope on her wedding day to Larry that was so exciting I remember screaming when he walked into the room and took her. Appreciate how he wants to spend time with his family but it would be nice to see him come back and put a closure to he and Hope so they can continue to write a story for her it just does not seem right to have anyone in her life right now as long as she is still married to Bo they were such a big part of this soap for decades. It will be weird to see her with anyone.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/07 12:51PM
    #3   2014/05/07 07:11PM
    Days Dreamer

Thinking out loud - now that EJ will be out of the picture maybe Bo will come back. Bo could get more screen time.

As others have said, they may have to pull in many of the vetted and develop good storylines for them to get through this transition period without Ej and Sam. Whether you liked or hated them, a lot revolved around them, so they will have to fill the void until we get used to not having them on screen.

#4   2014/05/08 05:11AM
    nana2kc

Agreeeee!! the only way to fill the void of Sami and EJ is to bring back Bo and have some drama between he/Hope/Aiden. Come on Peter Reckell, we need you back or DOOL may go down the tube with the other soaps that have been canned.

#5   2014/05/08 08:46AM
    scorpiogirl 43

Bo hasn't been pertinent to the show since Billy lft.His character has been a yawner for so long anyways... I wouldn't mind if they got rid of hope too...

#6   2014/05/08 09:39AM
    CindyHaskins

I for one have to say that has a huge fan of hope.i don't see days of our lives getting rid her any time soon.some thing else when bo was on the show he was married to hope and not to billie.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/08 09:45AM
    #7   2014/05/08 01:36PM
    wwwwww

Quote nana2kc: Agreeeee!! the only way to fill the void of Sami and EJ is to bring back Bo and have some drama between he/Hope/Aiden. Come on Peter Reckell, we need you back or DOOL may go down the tube with the other soaps that have been canned.

Nobody draws on this show it is in last place in the ratings out of 4 soaps. I don't know why some soap fans mainly Days think Alison is this great actress who is going to save the show. I guess because she is the host of Biggest loser I don't know. James Scott you could probably get good ratings out of but they don't let him go on talk shows or nothing and his character has been destroyed by bad writing.

#8   2014/05/09 03:33AM
    fadingrose

Quote wwwwww:
    Quote nana2kc: Agreeeee!! the only way to fill the void of Sami and EJ is to bring back Bo and have some drama between he/Hope/Aiden. Come on Peter Reckell, we need you back or DOOL may go down the tube with the other soaps that have been canned.

Nobody draws on this show it is in last place in the ratings out of 4 soaps. I don't know why some soap fans mainly Days think Alison is this great actress who is going to save the show. I guess because she is the host of Biggest loser I don't know. James Scott you could probably get good ratings out of but they don't let him go on talk shows or nothing and his character has been destroyed by bad writing.

Let's step down from the "EJami Bandwagon" for a moment and remember that DOOL once had far better ratings BEFORE EJ and Sami were the centerpiece of life in Salem.

#9   2014/05/09 05:41AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote NancyNLV: So loved Bo back in the days of the motorcycle and when he kidnapped Hope on her wedding day to Larry that was so exciting I remember screaming when he walked into the room and took her. Appreciate how he wants to spend time with his family but it would be nice to see him come back and put a closure to he and Hope so they can continue to write a story for her it just does not seem right to have anyone in her life right now as long as she is still married to Bo they were such a big part of this soap for decades. It will be weird to see her with anyone.

I totally relate to this post. Until Bo's absence has been handled properly & favorably to Bope fans (and any fan who watched DAYS over the decades) it just WILL be "weird" (and completely OOC) seeing Hope with anyone else! There's NO understandable or acceptable reason for NOT giving Bope believable closure BEFORE moving Hope into another romance - NONE!! Also, agree with "fadingrose" when said that DAYS was MUCH higher rated BEFORE Sami & EJ were given front & center feature daily. Nothing against them & they did become the most popular in recent years BUT the ratings stayed in the tank throughout! The writers needed to share the center stage with ALL popular characters (vets & newbies)and the show has suffered terribly since they didn't make that choice imo!

#10   2014/05/09 11:05AM
    Sunnyflower

I am much happier without Bo on the screen. Hope is a better and more interesting character without him. He isn't needed.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list