List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: How to Spice up the Show Suggestions

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How to Spice up the Show Suggestions

Started by dancie at 2014/05/05 08:41AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/28 04:41PM, Views: 3228, Replies: 33
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2014/05/05 08:41AM
    How to Spice up the Show Suggestions
    dancie

Since EJ and Sammi are leaving, it would seem a good time to bring back some veterans such as Mike Horton, Carrie, Chloe, Phillip, Tony as can always use another villain, Jack for comic relief and Doug and Julie kind of slide in as the Horton family cog to keep that family intact.Provide some exciting adventures as they say ripped from the headlines to play off of, rather than repeating old tired story lines. Maybe add a few couples that have steamy romance with build up, passion and some staying power rather than bed or couch hopping couples. Get behind Hope and move on in a positive direction with giving closure to her and Bo if not going to replace him . Kate and Sammi were enjoyable scheming so give Kate someone else to play off of. Throw in a few more villain types and stir the mixture on the show and poof it could be a great recipe for viewing pleasure. JMO

#2   2014/05/05 08:50AM
    Re: How to Spice up the Show Suggestions
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie: Since EJ and Sammi are leaving, it would seem a good time to bring back some veterans such as Mike Horton, Carrie, Chloe, Phillip, Tony as can always use another villain, Jack for comic relief and Doug and Julie kind of slide in as the Horton family cog to keep that family intact.Provide some exciting adventures as they say ripped from the headlines to play off of, rather than repeating old tired story lines. Maybe add a few couples that have steamy romance with build up, passion and some staying power rather than bed or couch hopping couples. Get behind Hope and move on in a positive direction with giving closure to her and Bo if not going to replace him . Kate and Sammi were enjoyable scheming so give Kate someone else to play off of. Throw in a few more villain types and stir the mixture on the show and poof it could be a great recipe for viewing pleasure. JMO

Nice suggestions! Would be nice if someone in tptb cared & paid attention to the majority of viewers!! Show just MIGHT succeed again!!

#3   2014/05/05 01:48PM
    JeanLou

Yes, they definitely need to bring back and/or revive some characters with ties to existing core families or people. I would love Chloe to come back, I lover her interacting with Daniel and Parker. I can't take any more Dannifer, I don't care what you do to put them or her in peril, I HATE them together. Make it Stop. Also, please just get rid of Jordan and take whoever is playing Ben with her. I don't care about them, their backstory or her dull, boring, sicky sweet romance with Rafe. I liked Rafe with Kate much beter, to be honest. They have zero spark and she's beautiful but I just have no interest in her at all. I am psyched for Kristen's return and can't wait for the interations with Brady, Theresa, Nicole, et al. Bring it on!!! Jury is till out for me with Aiden and Hope. He is so baby faced!

#4   2014/05/06 11:12AM
    june68

We need more horton brought home we need mike horton and melissa horton (recast with martha bryne)and sarah horton (recast melissa archer)and we need carly back for daniel and chole needs to come back for brady.and nathan horton he needs to find who his father is.melanie and stephanie loved the hate relationship and abby needs her bf back and now on to jen she needs to go back to reporting and she needs a new love interset maybe brian scofleid he was a cop and can be hope partner.bring back jett abes nephew abbys new love.we need tony and peter dirmera back.hope and john need to find out they have a child and.recast roman(wayne nortrope)and he belongs with marlena and john and hope belong together kill bo off enough.

#5   2014/05/07 06:37AM
    Axl Rose

- Hortons re-casted with Mike Horton returning to Salem with either Roark Critchlow playing Mike or a re-cast Mike, how about Jon Hensley who played Holden Snyder on As The World Turns to play a re-cast Mike? I would bring back Melissa Horton Maggie's oldest daughter either Lisa Trusel returning in the role or a re-cast Melissa with Bobbie Eakes in the role she played Krystal on All My Children and Sarah Horton I would re-cast her with Melissa Archer who played Natalie Buchanan on OLTL

- Sarah I would put her in a triangle with Rafe and Jordan, I would get rid of Jordan by having her leave Salem pretty much with Rafe and Sarah becoming a couple

- Melissa as for her I would put her in a pairing with Roman Brady

- As for Mike Horton I would pair him up with Eve Donovan Kassie DePaiva's character since Eve is returning to Salem

- Bring back Chloe to be put in a triangle with Daniel and Jennifer but this time a much more stronger, saner Chloe like how she was back in the early 2000s

- Bring back Philip Kiriakis and with Philip back in town I would put him in a triangle with Brady and Theresa

#6   2014/05/07 07:11AM
    stjarna

No more Hortons please! There is enough of them being HRH behaviour!

Liam should have not been killed and not written so crazy- maybe there is a twin- and having Mark Collier back just to give Jennifer a shock would be excellent- and then develop a relationship there and move her from Daniel permanently! It could be done- e.g. the man comes to Salem because looking for his family, and finds out what had happened. The base could be Liam and his twin were separated as young kids and Liam who lived in an abusive environment, hence what would explain his twisted need for love and reacting badly when he didn't get it. And the twin adopted by a wealthy family, etc. The only thing we know is that Liam knew Justin...but nothing more....

To spice things up- I agree get Chloe back- either for Brady or Eric!!!!

And Carrie for Rafe!!!
    And definitely Sheryl... not just because of Lucas, but someone who would stand against Kate, like Samantha used to do!!!
    Make Danicole into the new supercouple!!! And let Maggie have a nervous breakdown!!!!!

Need a new villain- of the DiMera kind! A new mobster family, maybe Jordan is fleeing from mobsters...or is it maybe the case of sleeping with the enemy!!!

#7   2014/05/07 08:19AM
    CindyHaskins

I want more horton on days of our lives and no more dimera. also john and hope were never a couple so how can the belong together.there is only one guy that chloe should be with that is brady black.eric belong with nicole.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/07 08:20AM
    #8   2014/05/08 05:20AM
    nana2kc

If they would bring back some old characters like Belle/Shawn, Mike Horton, Max Brady, just to name a few; there would be a lot more interest in the show. Bring back Chloe to fight Kristen for Brady's love. Doesn't have to be the same person playing the character, we don't care. All of us long time watchers would love that instead of bringing in new characters that no one has ever heard of. I agree with previous posts, bring back Julie/Doug as the matriarch of the Horton family. Not so much teenagers. JJ is fine, he's part of the Hortons, but soap operas are watched more by older people (mainly women) and teenagers are not watching soap operas.

#9   2014/05/08 05:53AM
    fadingrose

As a very long-term viewer, I would find it "interesting" (at least) to see some of them back in Salem, but not necessarily "recast." However, there is a whole NEW crop of viewers who know little or nothing about those "old-timers," and might rather see the SPICE arrive with some brand-new characters or at least someone like Chloe, who has been in Salem more recently than people like Sarah, Melissa, or Eve, etc. I'm sure that DOOL still has a multi-generational fan base--each with differing preferences for story lines and/or type and age of characters. The difficult challenge for TPTB is to figure out how to keep everyone willing to stay tuned in and keep viewer oomplaints to a minimum!

#10   2014/05/08 07:39AM
    flightygirl

They are losing all their most popular characters. The popular ones left are so boring. The only new character I like is Aidan and Hope is still married. There are too many new characters at once. I hope Eve KPD brings a lot of OLTL fans with her.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list