List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Robert Scott Wilson to DOOL as Ben.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Robert Scott Wilson to DOOL as Ben.

Started by Chrissi_Soaps.com at 2014/04/14 08:58AM
    Latest post: 2014/05/01 03:43PM, Views: 4453, Replies: 27
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2014/04/14 08:58AM
    Robert Scott Wilson to DOOL as Ben.
    Chrissi_Soap...

http://soaps.sheknow...ings/

#2   2014/04/14 09:07AM
    Re: Robert Scott Wilson to DOOL as Ben.
    Matt_Soaps.com

http://soaps.sheknow...8081/

#3   2014/04/14 09:44AM
    Jen821

So why is Justin/current Ben, being replaced? He is doing a good job and is a nice enough looking young man. hum? They can't even let you get use to the newbie before they are being replaced.

We barley have scene Jade Harlow/Sheryl and now she is almost gone or recurring status.

That is too bad about Justin Gaston. Maybe he got a better part then his Dool part.

#4   2014/04/14 01:30PM
    fadingrose

Add the recent "merry-go-round" of characters (both new and old) to the long list of ways the writers keep letting us down. People come and go faster than we even get to see a story line. "Ben" never got a chance to show what he could do, so for his sake, I hope he left of his own accord.

It seems to me that the writers may be getting desperate to raise the ratings, simply by having newbies barge into town with a weak (or non-existent) s/l. Even if fans get a little interested, the newbies are gone, while the tried-and-true veterans do little but enhance the scenery.

#5   2014/04/14 02:42PM
    Lialovessoaps

Robert will be a better Ben, and I can really see Abi with him now. They'll be a gorgeous couple.

#6   2014/04/14 02:58PM
    medavinci

I think jUstin Gaston is so much better looking than this new guy. He looks like he could replace Nick Fallon....poor poor choice IMO. Days is having real casting problems....I don't like Paige either....she has no appeal whatsoever. Wish they'd replace her ASAP.

#7   2014/04/14 04:23PM
    JeanLou

I can see why they replaced Justin, he is awful! He tries to all all intense all the time and it just looks so fake. He and Abi were laughable in just their early scenes. Don't know the new Ben, don't care. Ejabby all the way!!!!!

#8   2014/04/14 04:23PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote fadingrose: Add the recent "merry-go-round" of characters (both new and old) to the long list of ways the writers keep letting us down. People come and go faster than we even get to see a story line. "Ben" never got a chance to show what he could do, so for his sake, I hope he left of his own accord.

It seems to me that the writers may be getting desperate to raise the ratings, simply by having newbies barge into town with a weak (or non-existent) s/l. Even if fans get a little interested, the newbies are gone, while the tried-and-true veterans do little but enhance the scenery.

And the bottom line is who give a rats' - - - - about "Ben"? Honestly, it goes from bad to worse with tptb's choices & their choices about bringing on characters who make no difference whatsoever!! If they REALLY want to make a difference they'd bring back recognizable characters the audience can relate to who're still available and are still strong & popular who they've wasted. They HAVE to know all these newbie, unfamiliar ones they keep forcing aren't making an iota of difference. The show still owns the bottom of the ratings!! There is NO chance "Ben" has any affect on the ratings because nobody cares (not any number who makes a difference, that is)!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/14 04:26PM
    #9   2014/04/14 08:18PM
    CindyHaskins

I am glad that days of our lives recasted ben ridgeway.and who want to see strong and popular character back on the show and who hardly any storyline left to be told.one more thing i happen to love the newbies and really don't see what wrong with days of our lives casting new character.

#10   2014/04/15 04:40AM
    fadingrose

Quote CindyHaskins: I am glad that days of our lives recasted ben ridgeway.and who want to see strong and popular character back on the show and who hardly any storyline left to be told.one more thing i happen to love the newbies and really don't see what wrong with days of our lives casting new character.

Of course, there's nothing "wrong" with introducing newbies to the cast--but the writers need to whet our interest sooner-rather-than later in the intended s/l. Otherwise, as with Jordan, for example, we become bored before forming any attachment to the newcomer. Maybe if there were fewer new characters arriving in a short space of time, we could connect more with at least a couple of them. As for "Ben," only time will tell whether his replacement does a better job portraying whatever the writers had in mind for him.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list