List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: DOOL has gotten BORING

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

DOOL has gotten BORING

Started by dool345 at 2014/03/28 07:49PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/08 12:52PM, Views: 6050, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2014/04/01 05:16PM
    Re: DOOL has gotten BORING
    geenzi

I agree with your post the show has gotten really boring.

I really can't believe what they have done with Nicole and Eric. It makes no sense and I usually fast forward their scenes. Nicole is just too pathetic right now.

Daniel and Jennifer- Either put this couple together or not. They are together five minutes and another obstacle comes. I think they could have used this Liam character for another purpose. Maybe for Kate.

Bo - Please just kill off this character and let Hope and Ciarra move on.

I agree with your comments on the other characters to. Rafe and Jordan are cute together but they need something more like you stated.

I also think Nick is a great actor they need to utilize him more.

Hopefully in April some of the stories will move along and it will get more exciting.

I will say that after watching some of the other soaps.
    Days does have the best looking actors, I really hope
    EJ does stay on the show.

#22   2014/04/02 04:59AM
    fadingrose

Quote geenzi: I agree with your post the show has gotten really boring.

I really can't believe what they have done with Nicole and Eric. It makes no sense and I usually fast forward their scenes. Nicole is just too pathetic right now.

Daniel and Jennifer- Either put this couple together or not. They are together five minutes and another obstacle comes. I think they could have used this Liam character for another purpose. Maybe for Kate.

I agree with your comments on the other characters to. Rafe and Jordan are cute together but they need something more like you stated.

Hopefully in April some of the stories will move along and it will get more exciting.

After over 40 years as a DAYS fan, I am finally on the verge of calling it quits. I agree with all the reasons already mentioned to explain why I, too, now find the show BORING, and even painful, to watch. Unfortunately, having "the best looking actors" has not pulled DOOL from the ratings cellar--and I doubt that alone ever will. It makes me sad...

#23   2014/04/02 06:12AM
    Jen821

Quote fadingrose:

After over 40 years as a DAYS fan, I am finally on the verge of calling it quits. I agree with all the reasons already mentioned to explain why I, too, now find the show BORING, and even painful, to watch. Unfortunately, having "the best looking actors" has not pulled DOOL from the ratings cellar--and I doubt that alone ever will. It makes me sad...

Yeah me too! They have a talented group of Actors and with better writing they could show us so much more. There is so much potential to make Days not only a good show but a great one if they only had some good writers. Yeah it makes me sad.

#24   2014/04/02 02:51PM
    Kanye Kardas...

Quote dool345: I say this with respect for anyone who is currently enjoying Days, but is anyone else finding the show to be very boring right now? I don't have interest in any of the storylines and find myself fast-forwarding through almost half the show every day. Some thoughts for my rant (hope I don't offend anybody):

1) The Nicole/Eric storyline is poorly written and not believable given Nicole's 180. I can't stand Eric's character... he is so boring it hurts.
    2) The Rafe/Jordan storyline is bland and overdone. I often sit there thinking "who cares?" whenever they are on screen. This storyline has been going on for months and absolutely nothing has happened. Resolve it and move on.
    The new Will is a horrible actor. Can't stand watching any scenes he is in. Why did the old Will leave the show? He was great.
    4) Hope has been reduced to a supporting actress role and it is hard to watch. The whole thing with Bo is not believable... why couldn't they have had him stay in California with his mom while she was recovering from Alzheimers? That at least made some iota of sense.
    5) The fact that Theresa and Anne still have jobs is impossible to believe given that EVERYONE in the hospital knows what bitches they are.
    6) Daniel is way too much of a "super man" to be believable. It is nauseating what they've turned him into.
    7) Brady has no storyline... other than being a drunk. Been there, done that.
    Why is John back? Why is he meddling in Brady's life again... didn't he learn his lesson? Why have they turned a once brilliant mercenary into a complete moron?
    9) What are the writers doing to Sami... the scenes last week with her and Abigail at the hospital were beyond stupid. Since when are they friends and why was Abigail putting up with Sami aggressively asking such personal questions over and over?

Some positives:
    -I like Nick. Great character, great actor.
    -EJ is the best part of the show. He is the king of any scene he is in.

In conclusion, I may watch during SWEEPS month, but if the show doesn't improve soon I may need to take a break. In 15 years of watching, it wouldn't be my first break.

Would love to hear any thoughts/feedback on my rant. Does anybody else feel the same way?

DISCLAIMER: (FROM A MALE POINT OF VIEW)

I watch this show with my girlfriend, here's my take:

1. Agree totally. Eric's character is horrible. He is a non-factor, priest or no priest. Nothing against the actor but if he left today nobody would care. Nicole would just end up at Sonny's club and hook up with Jordan's corny brother by the end of the night.

2. I like Rafe with Jordan rather than Kate but it is very bland. Time to get the dirt out on Jordan and get this storyline moving already.

3. New Will sucks. He's not cool like Massey. Plus he has a weird jawline lol. Old Will was a straight up thug, Shooting people and getting shot.

4. Hope has no hope. She is another that could vanish without consequence. Thought her and Aiden would become each other's guilty pleasures by now but since the writer's suck I guess we will have to watch her spill coffee on him everyday for the next couple months.

5. and 6. AGREE

7. Brady's been stuck on stupid for how long now. He needs a revamp but then the pub would go outta business.

8. John please hang it up dude.

9. EXACTLY

On a side note, I like Liam. He's downlow psycho. Dude had me rolling sniffing the lingerie. I hope he pulls his revenge plot off so we can be through with Dan and Jenn for good. Time for Doctor D to get some strange.

As sexy as she is, I'm ready for Gabi to go. Arianna's IQ is higher than her moms. She is going full retard when it comes to Nick. Ready for this to hurry up and backfire in her face.

Feedback is welcome.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/02 02:52PM
    #25   2014/04/03 08:28PM
    CindyHaskins

I am here to defend the new will horton and say that he so mature and he know how to stand up to nick.that is something that the old will never knew how to do.i am so glad that chandler massey is no longer playing him.as for hope she is my favorite character to watch and she is going to be just fine.

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/03 08:33PM
    #26   2014/04/04 08:58AM
    Lialovessoaps

I despise WilSon, so any story they're involved in bores me.

Eric is useless. He's a priest...Let the man go back to his church, and forget pairing him with scheming Nicole. It's boring and stupid.

Sami and Ej are a snore too. I couldn't care less about them or their wedding. All I want to see is the look on Sami's face when it's exposed that Ej's been banging Abi, and she's now pregnant.

Kate...A bore. Whiny older woman trying to fit in with the younger crowd. Why? Give her a new man, and let's see her at home in jeans and a tee making meals, selecting music, and running a bubble bath for some quality time with that man. She doesn't need Rafe in order to have a sexy relationship. Older men are hot too.

John needs to go.

Brady needs to sober up. Zzzz!

Teresa needs to show me something beside "teen" bore. Does anyone know of a woman in her early twenties who would focus that much attention on Jen and Dan? I don't.

Liam.... *sighs* He is too old to be crawling around on someone's living room floor, and hiding their checkbook.

One would think Victor's mansion would have a formal ballroom. It looked like the wedding guests were squeezed into a cracker box. Victor has no money. Zzz!

Hope is beyond boring. Anytime I look forward to seeing more of her kid than her, it's pathetic. She has no life other than mothering Ciara, and the chemistry between she and Aiden nonexistant. This woman is a snoozefest for me because she has no sex appeal.

When will people leave Jen and Daniel alone? First Jack returns, then Nicole loses her mind and interferes with them, then Chloe and her crazy mother shows up, then JJ, and now Liam w/Theresa and Anne weaving in and out. LEAVE THOSE PEOPLE ALONE. They can't have a pizza party without someone bothering them. Boring!!

#27   2014/04/04 11:11AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Jen821:
    Quote fadingrose:

Yeah me too! They have a talented group of Actors and with better writing they could show us so much more. There is so much potential to make Days not only a good show but a great one if they only had some good writers. Yeah it makes me sad.

Yes, it IS sad! Your comments here are precisely what I've been posting nonstop in recent years only to fall on totally deaf (or non-caring) ears. They waste much more talent than they keep bringing on. No question the show has had tremendous potential throughout but they're not writing for their BEST talents, letting some get away because they WON'T write for them, & neglect what some can bring back to DAYS & help it be strong again. In the meantime - no change in the ratings! DAYS wallows all alone in the cellar! You'd think THAT mattered, but apparently not!! The fans are the ones who support the show & it's advertisers - NOT the writers & their faves (and they're not bringing in any numbers with their "new" audience while the established ones who left are STILL staying away)! Headscratching situation for sure!! Again, it COULD be so much better with a change in attitude at the top!!

#28   2014/04/04 05:49PM
    HouseTops

Very boring. DOOL is on @ 2 local time and I find I don't want to rush home and watch anymore...

#29   2014/04/05 04:51AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote HouseTops: Very boring. DOOL is on @ 2 local time and I find I don't want to rush home and watch anymore...

Can SO relate! The difference is I am AT home (stay-at-home-mom) and don't bother to turn it on! If I do watch TV it's on something else - a movie, game show, history channel, sports center, talk show, etc. So much more entertaining than the dribble & forced stories/characters DAYS became!! I once NEVER missed was part of an established, long-term audience - watching and DVRing - but haven't done either in almost two years (and weaned off long before that as they started butchering the lengendary Bope love story & wasting these amazing characters)! Can certainly see why you wouldn't "rush home & watch anymore"! It became frustrating & a struggle to get thru an episode! Old "habits" are hard to break (and I realized in recent years that's ALL DAYS had become to me - no pleasure, just habit) - but this one was a great choice for me! I do read message boards now - my only connection to the show - to keep up with Hope/Kristian because she was my fave leading lady ever (and with Bo - THE BEST love story ever) & I'm interested in what happens to her & if they choose to respect the Bope legend I could respect the show again!! That hasn't happened yet, of course, but still a chance! Just MY thoughts & reasons here but could understand how you're feeling now!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/05 04:58AM
    #30   2014/04/05 06:33AM
    stjarna

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote HouseTops: Very boring. DOOL is on @ 2 local time and I find I don't want to rush home and watch anymore...

Can SO relate! The difference is I am AT home (stay-at-home-mom) and don't bother to turn it on! If I do watch TV it's on something else - a movie, game show, history channel, sports center, talk show, etc. So much more entertaining than the dribble & forced stories/characters DAYS became!! I once NEVER missed was part of an established, long-term audience - watching and DVRing - but haven't done either in almost two years (and weaned off long before that as they started butchering the lengendary Bope love story & wasting these amazing characters)! Can certainly see why you wouldn't "rush home & watch anymore"! It became frustrating & a struggle to get thru an episode! Old "habits" are hard to break (and I realized in recent years that's ALL DAYS had become to me - no pleasure, just habit) - but this one was a great choice for me! I do read message boards now - my only connection to the show - to keep up with Hope/Kristian because she was my fave leading lady ever (and with Bo - THE BEST love story ever) & I'm interested in what happens to her & if they choose to respect the Bope legend I could respect the show again!! That hasn't happened yet, of course, but still a chance! Just MY thoughts & reasons here but could understand how you're feeling now!!

I am in the habit-zone...and so very aware of it, and cos I am now savouring the bit of Ejami that we can get. soon that will be history same as JacknJen, Bope etc.
    I always pick something that keeps me at it...like now Daniel and Nicole scenes...but overall...the stories are lame...like Chrissi pointed out in the Deconstruction blog the Liam sl is meh! it would have been so much better, having such a great actor like Mark Collier on Days to give him a troubled character...something that is so down the line for Jennifer, she used to love a challenge in a personality...now she is scwabling over her how messy or neat her finances are being run...yawn! That is how rubbish this couple is! I think Maggie and Victor are more exciting in a scene- no offence intended!
    I love reading this msg board...and sharing some of my thoughts with all of you...
    But Days is not exciting like it once was long time ago, when it used to pick up on average around 7 mil viewers and now only 2 mil...

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list