List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: DOOL has gotten BORING

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

DOOL has gotten BORING

Started by dool345 at 2014/03/28 07:49PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/08 12:52PM, Views: 6271, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2014/03/29 05:49AM
    Re: DOOL has gotten BORING
    LuvBoHope

Quote dool345: I say this with respect for anyone who is currently enjoying Days, but is anyone else finding the show to be very boring right now? I don't have interest in any of the storylines and find myself fast-forwarding through almost half the show every day. Some thoughts for my rant (hope I don't offend anybody):

1) The Nicole/Eric storyline is poorly written and not believable given Nicole's 180. I can't stand Eric's character... he is so boring it hurts.
    2) The Rafe/Jordan storyline is bland and overdone. I often sit there thinking "who cares?" whenever they are on screen. This storyline has been going on for months and absolutely nothing has happened. Resolve it and move on.
    The new Will is a horrible actor. Can't stand watching any scenes he is in. Why did the old Will leave the show? He was great.
    4) Hope has been reduced to a supporting actress role and it is hard to watch. The whole thing with Bo is not believable... why couldn't they have had him stay in California with his mom while she was recovering from Alzheimers? That at least made some iota of sense.
    5) The fact that Theresa and Anne still have jobs is impossible to believe given that EVERYONE in the hospital knows what bitches they are.
    6) Daniel is way too much of a "super man" to be believable. It is nauseating what they've turned him into.
    7) Brady has no storyline... other than being a drunk. Been there, done that.
    Why is John back? Why is he meddling in Brady's life again... didn't he learn his lesson? Why have they turned a once brilliant mercenary into a complete moron?
    9) What are the writers doing to Sami... the scenes last week with her and Abigail at the hospital were beyond stupid. Since when are they friends and why was Abigail putting up with Sami aggressively asking such personal questions over and over?

Some positives:
    -I like Nick. Great character, great actor.
    -EJ is the best part of the show. He is the king of any scene he is in.

In conclusion, I may watch during SWEEPS month, but if the show doesn't improve soon I may need to take a break. In 15 years of watching, it wouldn't be my first break.

Would love to hear any thoughts/feedback on my rant. Does anybody else feel the same way?

Agree it definitely IS "BORING" &, to me, unrecognizable to the REAL DAYS - totally unfamiliar! I started weaning off 2-3 years ago because I just couldn't watch them destroy my faves - Bope - any further. They were the heart & soul of the show for DECADES - the greater life of the show - being a huge factor in keeping the show in the top tier of the ratings throughout those years when they had quality story material - sharing the stage with ALL the popular characters - which also had creative writing & consideration of ALL the viewers. When the show planted Bope on the backburner as window dressing I watched less & less and when Peter/Bo left because of no decent dialogue & airtime (which he earned in the very least) I quit tuning in altogether & only read message boards to see what happens to Hope. Since I never watch anymore I relate to your No. 4 reason here! The writers are still disrespecting Bo/Bope by not giving this believable/favorable closure! Not only is the show "boring" (ratings support that fact) it treats the ones who brought them the greatest success with no respect - slap in the face! Not my style!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/29 05:54AM
    #12   2014/03/29 02:37PM
    Magic66

Quote flightygirl: I am not interested in any of the story lines right now. Nuwill getting married ruins that for me. I miss Chandler and I know he had quirks with his acting but I liked him. Watching a stranger marry Sonny doesn't interest. I really watch the show for James Scott and he wasn't on the last 3 days. I already don't watch when he is not on and if he leaves I go with him. I really really really hope he doesn't leave!

This EJ fan keeps track of the number of days JS is on.
    I got a parachute friday when EJ wasn't on.I usually don't watch more than one day without my EJ.

#13   2014/03/30 05:43AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Magic66:
    Quote flightygirl: I am not interested in any of the story lines right now. Nuwill getting married ruins that for me. I miss Chandler and I know he had quirks with his acting but I liked him. Watching a stranger marry Sonny doesn't interest. I really watch the show for James Scott and he wasn't on the last 3 days. I already don't watch when he is not on and if he leaves I go with him. I really really really hope he doesn't leave!

This EJ fan keeps track of the number of days JS is on.
    I got a parachute friday when EJ wasn't on.I usually don't watch more than one day without my EJ.

I can so relate! That's how I was with Bo & Hope and when I started my "weaning off" time. Made it easy to quit when Bo left (what a horrible choice of tptb to let that happen over something as simple as story material)! Now I just read about Hope since they've disrespected Bo/Bope so much! When EJ decides to leave (can't see that happening any time soon since he STAYS front & center, however) it'll be an easy separation for you! The characters, couples, & story content are so shallow anymore - nothing to sink your teeth into like it was during the creative writing days!!

#14   2014/03/30 09:18AM
    sharon n nic...

After Allie leaves James would be the only reason I will watch Days other than Hope that is.

#15   2014/03/30 09:49AM
    cam1207

Off and on I live in an area of Mexico, for work, that does not get any of the network stations. And, if you try to watch online - you get a message that says that this video is not available in your part of the world, this was true in Europe as well. Enjoy what you can with Days - when it is not available you start to rethink not enjoying it...I am currently not able to watch and it does not sound that boring, but even at that - I miss it terribly!

#16   2014/04/01 08:17AM
    txwildcat

Quote dool345: I say this with respect for anyone who is currently enjoying Days, but is anyone else finding the show to be very boring right now? I don't have interest in any of the storylines and find myself fast-forwarding through almost half the show every day. Some thoughts for my rant (hope I don't offend anybody):

1) The Nicole/Eric storyline is poorly written and not believable given Nicole's 180. I can't stand Eric's character... he is so boring it hurts.
    2) The Rafe/Jordan storyline is bland and overdone. I often sit there thinking "who cares?" whenever they are on screen. This storyline has been going on for months and absolutely nothing has happened. Resolve it and move on.
    The new Will is a horrible actor. Can't stand watching any scenes he is in. Why did the old Will leave the show? He was great.
    4) Hope has been reduced to a supporting actress role and it is hard to watch. The whole thing with Bo is not believable... why couldn't they have had him stay in California with his mom while she was recovering from Alzheimers? That at least made some iota of sense.
    5) The fact that Theresa and Anne still have jobs is impossible to believe given that EVERYONE in the hospital knows what bitches they are.
    6) Daniel is way too much of a "super man" to be believable. It is nauseating what they've turned him into.
    7) Brady has no storyline... other than being a drunk. Been there, done that.
    Why is John back? Why is he meddling in Brady's life again... didn't he learn his lesson? Why have they turned a once brilliant mercenary into a complete moron?
    9) What are the writers doing to Sami... the scenes last week with her and Abigail at the hospital were beyond stupid. Since when are they friends and why was Abigail putting up with Sami aggressively asking such personal questions over and over?

Some positives:
    -I like Nick. Great character, great actor.
    -EJ is the best part of the show. He is the king of any scene he is in.

In conclusion, I may watch during SWEEPS month, but if the show doesn't improve soon I may need to take a break. In 15 years of watching, it wouldn't be my first break.

Would love to hear any thoughts/feedback on my rant. Does anybody else feel the same way?

Great post!

Numbers 1, 2, 4, 7, and 8... I absolutely agree with and could not have possibly said better myself.

Number 9... While some of the mysterious Sami/Abigail friendship stuff was way overdone, I enjoyed that better than most what I am currently watching.

Adding Number 10... Gabi...and her complete lack of consideration for anyone's feelings outside of herself and Nick's. UGH. She's almost too annoying to watch.

Enough said.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/04/01 08:19AM
    #17   2014/04/01 08:47AM
    Jen821

Good post dool345! I agree Eric is so boring it does hurt!! They also promised Nicole would have a happy ending that would surprise us after her miscarriage S/L. I was looking forward to that but that's not happening. I am not enjoying the newbies at all. The writing is terrible and the 180 degree turn to most of characters left has left me saying doesn't this stink!! Dool is beyond boring!!

#18   2014/04/01 03:41PM
    flightygirl

Quote cam1207: Off and on I live in an area of Mexico, for work, that does not get any of the network stations. And, if you try to watch online - you get a message that says that this video is not available in your part of the world, this was true in Europe as well. Enjoy what you can with Days - when it is not available you start to rethink not enjoying it...I am currently not able to watch and it does not sound that boring, but even at that - I miss it terribly!

I am a flight attendant and I watch on youtube when I am not in the states....Most of the time I only watch ejami but since Ali announced she is leaving I can't find those stations anymore and have to watch the whole show. I skip the boring parts and those parts are getting longer and longer.

#19   2014/04/01 03:47PM
    Rosieroserson

I feel pretty much the same way, even though I like new Will.

#20   2014/04/01 03:49PM
    Rosieroserson

Quote cam1207: Off and on I live in an area of Mexico, for work, that does not get any of the network stations. And, if you try to watch online - you get a message that says that this video is not available in your part of the world, this was true in Europe as well. Enjoy what you can with Days - when it is not available you start to rethink not enjoying it...I am currently not able to watch and it does not sound that boring, but even at that - I miss it terribly!

Living in Europe, I can definately relate to that! I watch DOOL on YouTube, and it works out fine!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list