List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: DOOL has gotten BORING

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

DOOL has gotten BORING

Started by dool345 at 2014/03/28 07:49PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/08 12:52PM, Views: 6393, Replies: 37
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2014/03/28 07:49PM
    DOOL has gotten BORING
    dool345

I say this with respect for anyone who is currently enjoying Days, but is anyone else finding the show to be very boring right now? I don't have interest in any of the storylines and find myself fast-forwarding through almost half the show every day. Some thoughts for my rant (hope I don't offend anybody):

1) The Nicole/Eric storyline is poorly written and not believable given Nicole's 180. I can't stand Eric's character... he is so boring it hurts.
    2) The Rafe/Jordan storyline is bland and overdone. I often sit there thinking "who cares?" whenever they are on screen. This storyline has been going on for months and absolutely nothing has happened. Resolve it and move on.
    The new Will is a horrible actor. Can't stand watching any scenes he is in. Why did the old Will leave the show? He was great.
    4) Hope has been reduced to a supporting actress role and it is hard to watch. The whole thing with Bo is not believable... why couldn't they have had him stay in California with his mom while she was recovering from Alzheimers? That at least made some iota of sense.
    5) The fact that Theresa and Anne still have jobs is impossible to believe given that EVERYONE in the hospital knows what bitches they are.
    6) Daniel is way too much of a "super man" to be believable. It is nauseating what they've turned him into.
    7) Brady has no storyline... other than being a drunk. Been there, done that.
    Why is John back? Why is he meddling in Brady's life again... didn't he learn his lesson? Why have they turned a once brilliant mercenary into a complete moron?
    9) What are the writers doing to Sami... the scenes last week with her and Abigail at the hospital were beyond stupid. Since when are they friends and why was Abigail putting up with Sami aggressively asking such personal questions over and over?

Some positives:
    -I like Nick. Great character, great actor.
    -EJ is the best part of the show. He is the king of any scene he is in.

In conclusion, I may watch during SWEEPS month, but if the show doesn't improve soon I may need to take a break. In 15 years of watching, it wouldn't be my first break.

Would love to hear any thoughts/feedback on my rant. Does anybody else feel the same way?

#2   2014/03/28 08:13PM
    Re: DOOL has gotten BORING
    CindyHaskins

I love the new will horton and I think that he is a good actor.to be honest I cant stand the old will horton and I am so glad that he is off days of our lives.also I love hope I have no problem of her been in a supporting role.

#3   2014/03/28 08:20PM
    wwwwww

Quote CindyHaskins: I love the new will horton and I think that he is a good actor.to be honest I cant stand the old will horton and I am so glad that he is off days of our lives.also I love hope I have no problem of her been in a supporting role.

I like this new Will Horton too. He stands up to Nick better. The old Will I couldn't believe he could beat Nick but this new Will I can. As for Sami and Abby becoming friends all of a sudden that is kind of rushed but it will just make Sami hate Abby possibly more than she has ever hated anybody when the affair comes out. I say with Sami leaving or Alison at least and possibly EJ that they give Stefano more scenes. Nobody plays a villain as good as Joe does Stefano. I wish Stefano would get rid of Nick since he is the only one who I think can. Sami has the mind of a 5 year old so she will never grow up and probably be old and end up alone.

#4   2014/03/28 08:20PM
    wwwwww

Quote CindyHaskins: I love the new will horton and I think that he is a good actor.to be honest I cant stand the old will horton and I am so glad that he is off days of our lives.also I love hope I have no problem of her been in a supporting role.

I like this new Will Horton too. He stands up to Nick better. The old Will I couldn't believe he could beat Nick but this new Will I can. As for Sami and Abby becoming friends all of a sudden that is kind of rushed but it will just make Sami hate Abby possibly more than she has ever hated anybody when the affair comes out. I say with Sami leaving or Alison at least and possibly EJ that they give Stefano more scenes. Nobody plays a villain as good as Joe does Stefano. I wish Stefano would get rid of Nick since he is the only one who I think can. Sami has the mind of a 5 year old so she will never grow up and probably be old and end up alone.

#5   2014/03/28 08:28PM
    Tanou88

I agree with you on most points except for the new Will comment.
    I like Chandler , he did a great job , but I also like Guy, he is a good actor too. Both have their strength and weaknesses.

I do think that the writing needs improvement.
    -Brady is just being mean and drunk
    -Jordan/Rafe : whatever , who cares?
    -Sami/Abby: What????
    -Hope/ Jenn/ Dan: annoying
    -Nicole /Eric: Whatever
    I honestly watch the show just for Wilson lately. I just fast forward anything else. They should really step it up

#6   2014/03/28 08:49PM
    Magic66

I am enjoying days.My main reason
    for watching is JS,so if JS walks
    i am done with days.I am sure JS
    Will be up for early contract neg.
    I am enjoying Nick thinking he is
    the card shuffling King.I liked how
    everyone was running to EJ for help
    handling Nick.I am waiting to see more
    Teresa Liam.I will have to play catch up
    on that,because I cant watch the show for
    too long without my EJ.I cant wait to find
    out what Jordan secret is.I want to know
    more about Ben also.There have been some
    pretty good s/l.

#7   2014/03/28 11:50PM
    wwwwww

Quote Magic66: I am enjoying days.My main reason
    pretty good s/l.

Do you think James will stay with Days? I think he may take some time off but I think he will be like Eileen Davidson and come back for the big stories. I'M sure Ken Corday will offer him anything possible to get him to stay. They need to turn EJ bad. since he's been with Sami he's been more good.

#8   2014/03/29 12:35AM
    Magic66

Quote wwwwww:
    Quote Magic66: I am enjoying days.My main reason

Yes I think JS will stay with days.I am also
    excited for this movie he is suppose to be filming
    next year so I hear.I cant wait until the movie comes
    out.This will be my first time stepping out to go to the
    movie theater in years.I am only going because JS will be
    in the movie.As for EJ he can fool alot with his charm.I like him he is a bad boy with a good heart. I think
    Nick really is going to push EJ to the limit.Like EJ told
    Nick if he sensed a threat he would end it!
    pretty good s/l.

Do you think James will stay with Days? I think he may take some time off but I think he will be like Eileen Davidson and come back for the big stories. I'M sure Ken Corday will offer him anything possible to get him to stay. They need to turn EJ bad. since he's been with Sami he's been more good.

#9   2014/03/29 02:08AM
    stjarna

Quote dool345: I say this with respect for anyone who is currently enjoying Days, but is anyone else finding the show to be very boring right now? I don't have interest in any of the storylines and find myself fast-forwarding through almost half the show every day. Some thoughts for my rant (hope I don't offend anybody):

1) The Nicole/Eric storyline is poorly written and not believable given Nicole's 180. I can't stand Eric's character... he is so boring it hurts.
    2) The Rafe/Jordan storyline is bland and overdone. I often sit there thinking "who cares?" whenever they are on screen. This storyline has been going on for months and absolutely nothing has happened. Resolve it and move on.
    The new Will is a horrible actor. Can't stand watching any scenes he is in. Why did the old Will leave the show? He was great.
    4) Hope has been reduced to a supporting actress role and it is hard to watch. The whole thing with Bo is not believable... why couldn't they have had him stay in California with his mom while she was recovering from Alzheimers? That at least made some iota of sense.
    5) The fact that Theresa and Anne still have jobs is impossible to believe given that EVERYONE in the hospital knows what bitches they are.
    6) Daniel is way too much of a "super man" to be believable. It is nauseating what they've turned him into.
    7) Brady has no storyline... other than being a drunk. Been there, done that.
    Why is John back? Why is he meddling in Brady's life again... didn't he learn his lesson? Why have they turned a once brilliant mercenary into a complete moron?
    9) What are the writers doing to Sami... the scenes last week with her and Abigail at the hospital were beyond stupid. Since when are they friends and why was Abigail putting up with Sami aggressively asking such personal questions over and over?

Some positives:
    -I like Nick. Great character, great actor.
    -EJ is the best part of the show. He is the king of any scene he is in.

In conclusion, I may watch during SWEEPS month, but if the show doesn't improve soon I may need to take a break. In 15 years of watching, it wouldn't be my first break.

Would love to hear any thoughts/feedback on my rant. Does anybody else feel the same way?

Great post!
    I watch but not as a happy camper....
    Lol - I think cos I am hoping that maybe there will be some twists and things will get a U-turn to something better....lol....probably delusional...Lol...ah, then I remember they are 4 months ahead and pitfalls ....

#10   2014/03/29 05:47AM
    flightygirl

I am not interested in any of the story lines right now. Nuwill getting married ruins that for me. I miss Chandler and I know he had quirks with his acting but I liked him. Watching a stranger marry Sonny doesn't interest. I really watch the show for James Scott and he wasn't on the last 3 days. I already don't watch when he is not on and if he leaves I go with him. I really really really hope he doesn't leave!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list