List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Will and Sonny's wedding is TOMORROW????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Will and Sonny's wedding is TOMORROW????

Started by mauimama at 2014/03/27 12:27PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/07 01:46PM, Views: 2729, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2014/03/31 07:26AM
    Re: Will and Sonny's wedding is TOMORROW????
    cam1207

Pinedays, I understand your post completely, and agree that unfortunately there are families/friends of some gay people that are not supportive in the least - and it is certainly sad. But there are lots where it is the opposite, my case is one - and I realize how fortunate I am. I think though that the story established that Will and Sonny are fortunate as well, so the wedding is keeping everyone in character as Will's coming out story developed. It would be odd for the past year or so that everyone is accepting until his wedding. That said, to address the Catholic issue - considering that everyone in Salem seems to be Catholic, including the town Rabbi (LOL) - I think this is why they are NOT getting married in a church, or I assume so...that said, my best friend has a Priest for a brother, who attended their wedding - although not sanctioned by the church - and he did not perform any duties during the ceremoney, he was there to support his brother -

#22   2014/03/31 11:12AM
    breathtaking

Just watched the procession on you tube of Will and Sonny's wedding, brought tears to my eyes, dool did a good job.

#23   2014/03/31 02:53PM
    Ruca91

Marlena is Catholic but she also has a background in psychology. I would imagine she of all people would know that homosexuality is not a choice and thus be supportive. In fact, I myself know many religious people who are supportive, due to the fact that the idea of homosexuality being some deviant lustful lifestyle is falling to the wayside as the idea that what gay couples have is love just like any heterosexual couple is growing stronger. This is joined with the growing belief that some of the things in the bible are a bit outdated... such as eating shrimp or not shaving, among other things. Of course, in reality, there would still be plenty who oppose couples like Will and Sonny... but let's not forget this is the same soap that has had Marlena be possessed by the devil and half the cast killed off and transported to an island where they were found unharmed. So in terms of realism, this is actually pretty tame compared to Days of old.

#24   2014/04/01 07:26AM
    Pinedays

Quote cam1207: Pinedays, I understand your post completely, and agree that unfortunately there are families/friends of some gay people that are not supportive in the least - and it is certainly sad. But there are lots where it is the opposite, my case is one - and I realize how fortunate I am. I think though that the story established that Will and Sonny are fortunate as well, so the wedding is keeping everyone in character as Will's coming out story developed. It would be odd for the past year or so that everyone is accepting until his wedding. That said, to address the Catholic issue - considering that everyone in Salem seems to be Catholic, including the town Rabbi (LOL) - I think this is why they are NOT getting married in a church, or I assume so...that said, my best friend has a Priest for a brother, who attended their wedding - although not sanctioned by the church - and he did not perform any duties during the ceremoney, he was there to support his brother -

Thanks for understanding my posting, Caml. It is often the case that one makes a critique and is assumed to be somehow homophobic. I think sometimes I forget that its a soap though. I mean, now that I think about it the same Catholic church in Salem keeps remarrying divorced individuals which is completely against the rules lol. I am happy for you that your family/friends are supportive. Personally I believe everyone deserves to be happy.

#25   2014/04/07 01:46PM
    scorpiogirl 43

you said it.... I didn't watch it I cant believe dool. would give into public pressure and toudch on this... With all of salem preofessing to be catholics why is everyone so friggin happy???? they should really read there bibles...

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list