List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Will and Sonny's wedding is TOMORROW????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Will and Sonny's wedding is TOMORROW????

Started by mauimama at 2014/03/27 12:27PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/07 01:46PM, Views: 2734, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2014/03/29 03:02PM
    Re: Will and Sonny's wedding is TOMORROW????
    MGJ_08

Quote sweetsydee: I don't understand why DOOL has all the Catholic characters attending a gay wedding when everybody knows that Catholics are against homosexuality. Especially Marlena Evans being the officiant of it. I am Catholic and I don't plan on watching it!

Being Catholic and being a bigot are two different things. I am Catholic and think it is about time gay men and women can marry. You love who you love and thank God you found it.

#12   2014/03/29 07:11PM
    kayhan

Quote MGJ_08:
    Quote sweetsydee: I don't understand why DOOL has all the Catholic characters attending a gay wedding when everybody knows that Catholics are against homosexuality. Especially Marlena Evans being the officiant of it. I am Catholic and I don't plan on watching it!

Being Catholic and being a bigot are two different things. I am Catholic and think it is about time gay men and women can marry. You love who you love and thank God you found it.

I agree with you, MGJ_08. Love is love. Not everyone is lucky enough to find love, so when it happens, embrace it. So happy that Will and Sonny found each other and are making their dreams come true.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/29 07:13PM
    #13   2014/03/29 07:38PM
    sweetsydee

Cindy Haskins needs to reply on the pro Wil/Son gay wedding.

#14   2014/03/30 03:54AM
    liquid8o8

Quote Pinedays:

I'm not sure what to think about it either. If I remember right the only one who was against Sonny/Will is Nick and that's because he was raped in prison. Is this realistic? Marlena's son is a priest. Now she'll be officiating a gay wedding? I like how they've developed the relationship between Sonny and Will but I don't think the rest of it has been well portrayed. Days has to realize they can't have it both ways.

I'm Gay and I know Jesus loves me, no one can tell me other wise.

#15   2014/03/30 08:53AM
    Tanou88

Quote Pinedays:
    Quote waggo50: I too find it totally unrealistic and silly that everyone in their family approves and can hardly wait to attend Will and Sonny's wedding. Hello TPTB this is Salem, a small mid west city in the U.S., not Hollywood. The fact that most of the family are Catholics makes it even sillier.
    Even in this country (Canada) where same sex marriage has been legal for almost 10 years many people (even those who don't have a problem with gay people) still don't approve of gay marriage and would never attend a gay wedding.
    I am very sure this gay wedding will go off without a hitch, it is only heterosexual weddings that end in disaster (like EJAMI) .

Exactly. If they didn't want to delve into all the issues they could have at least had some of the family members go along with it but disapprove?? It makes absolutely no sense that everyone would be so excited about something that is still such a controversy in real life. Like you said the fact that they have gone out of their way to promote Catholicism makes it even more hilarious. Eric can't marry Nicole because of a "catholic rule" but Marlena (his mother) will preside over a gay wedding. I'm lost with this show.

Being Catholic has nothing to do with being gay or accepting your gay grandson. Just like being catholic has nothing to do with contraception.
    Lots of Christians don't have an issue with gay marriage or gay people.
    And these Christians in the show do far worse then accept or officiate a gay weeding. They lie, they cheat, they kill. They have committed far worse crimes than embracing one of their own.
    The fact that the family accept Will is not weird or unrealistic at all.
    What is weird to me is this whole Eric and the" church teaching" business. Granted he was a priest, so he would be more incline to follow the teaching of the church. But here is the thing,it is nearly impossible for a well rounded person to follow the teachings of the church to the letter. If every Christian were to follow the teaching of the church concerning marriage, very few would get married. Eric has other issues to deal with and he is all over the place.

#16   2014/03/30 09:26AM
    cam1207

I have read the comments about everyone would not be excited about this wedding. Really? These are characters that are beloved by their friends and family, and you think these very same people should not be excited for their happiness. Honestly, to those of you objecting to this - how do you define love and support for people you care about? Only love and support if they live their life like you? THAT is not love and support, sorry.

I have been with my partner for 35 years. I have attended many family traditional weddings, and held the hands of many of those people when their divorces became final. Through the years my partner and I have become a couple that my entire family look up to - even the conservative ones. My brother who is a radical conservative chose us to be the god parents of his daughter as we have such stability. Finally, after 35 years we are going to become legal - and marry. My home state still does not recognize gay marriage, so we will be getting married in California - to date we have more people traveling for our untraditional marriage than the number of relatives and friends that traveled to traditional marriages within our family. AND one is a minister in a very conservative church, but guess what - he loves us, we are family. SO to answer those that find it hard to believe that family and friends would be excited for someone they love...guess what? Days is being extremely thoughtful and respectful - and realistic, at least in my experience. Maybe my friends and family are more loving than others...I guess I should feel lucky, and I do. Congratulations to Days for this storyline, and NOT bringing in ugliness and bigotry for these two characters on their special day.

By the way, not everyone was happy about Will in the beginning. Lucas and Sami both had issues in the beginning, but they have realized this is their son...and they should love and support him.

#17   2014/03/30 09:46AM
    cam1207

I have a question - for those posters who say because they are Catholic they do not intend to watch the wedding...I have been sitting here wondering, and this is not to be rude, I really want to know the answer to this....

I am pretty sure how the Catholic church feels about adultery and divorce. IF you have to not watch a gay wedding due to your beliefs, how on earth do you watch the show at all - if you follow ALL the churches views as you do regarding gay marriage? I can not think of one character other than Alice Horton who didn't get divorced or commit adultery. If you turn off the tv when things are objectionable to your beliefs...can you even watch more than a few minutes a week - or at all? I am very curious....

#18   2014/03/30 12:55PM
    days78

Getting back to the topic of the wedding being tomorrow... I remember when Zach (Hope & Bo's son) got hit by a car on New Years Eve. I think it was Valentines Day and only one day had passed in Salem. LOL

So when they say the Wedding is "tomorrow" that could still be weeks from now.
    Since know wedding goes off without a hitch, I'm thinking somehow Gabbi's departure from the show will be tied into this s/l somehow.
    Relax and enjoy the ride.... and as for the other topic being discussed... been with my spouse for almost a decade and when talking about planning our big gay wedding the problem is not who disapproves but how to figure out the guest list. We both have large families and everybody wants to be there to rejoice with us... and as the last poster also said, even the conservatives ones that have watched us over there years embrace and accept us and think we should get married... So much to plan, I for one would rather just skip to the honeymoon!

#19   2014/03/30 05:12PM
    breathtaking

Hawk
    You may be right the wedding festivities are to take place between April 1st through the 3rd.

#20   2014/03/30 08:47PM
    Pinedays

Quote liquid8o8:
    Quote Pinedays:

I'm not sure what to think about it either. If I remember right the only one who was against Sonny/Will is Nick and that's because he was raped in prison. Is this realistic? Marlena's son is a priest. Now she'll be officiating a gay wedding? I like how they've developed the relationship between Sonny and Will but I don't think the rest of it has been well portrayed. Days has to realize they can't have it both ways.

I'm Gay and I know Jesus loves me, no one can tell me other wise.

I am actually a fan of Will/Sonny and they are one of the few couples I actually enjoy watching on the show. The only point I was making was the fact that Days promotes the Catholic faith yet seems to ignore its connection to being gay. No I do not think being Catholic = being a bigot either, after all plenty of Catholics divorce and remarry even though that's also against the faith. I was simply asking if the storyline has been portrayed in a realistic manner. If most families are accepting then I stand corrected but I guess the gay friends I have just don't fall into that category. There are certainly members of their family/friends who don't approve. Even some who go along with it are not happy about it.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list