List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Are the writers sabotaging Sami?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Are the writers sabotaging Sami?

Started by fadingrose at 2014/03/24 12:54PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/08 03:52AM, Views: 2570, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2014/03/24 12:54PM
    Are the writers sabotaging Sami?
    fadingrose

Ever since Sami's announcement that was she was "retiring," it seems that the writers have scripted her as an
    unlikable and even unattractive woman. She's become even more of a busy-body than before and shouting louder to just about anyone--if she's not acting not a little girl with her "pretty please" sugary-sweet attempts to get EJ to do HER dirty work. It's been too long since she's even mentioned her little ones.
    And what about that hair? I happened to like the new shade, but definitely think today's (3/23) long, stringy, limp mess was horrible, especially for someone's Sami's age. Several viewers on another thread had the same criticism of Jennifer's similar hairstyle.
    I am a long-term Sami fan, though not necessarily always fond of Ejami, but I don't like what the writers have done to her! Maybe the writers are trying to de-throne Sami--to minimize her fans' sadness when she's gone. I think the "sabotage" (if that's what it is) was planned by the TPTB long before WE knew we would be losing Sami this year. And the extended gap between filming and viewing allowed the "changed" Sami to appear just about the time we knew we would not have her around indefinitely.

Oh, well, however you're behaving lately, I join many, many others who will continue to admire your beauty and your acting skills....

#2   2014/03/24 01:04PM
    Re: Are the writers sabotaging Sami?
    dazgonby

I have felt that way also...and feel that it was a great injustice to have AS announce so far in advance that she was leaving.

She has been such an important character to this show (whether you like her or not that is a fact...so haters don't start in on that statement) that it really takes away from the shows storylines and really makes viewers not care.

The writers seem to be doing all they can to make not just Sami but all the characters not likable...really sad.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/24 01:05PM
    #3   2014/03/24 02:11PM
    stjarna

I believe they are sabotaging this character and it is showing a lot in the last couple of months...and they do this with characters they want out-IMO...they put Abi in forefront with the writing and made Samantha looking silly, stupid, and overbearing. She is one very colourful character and been through so much...I don't know how this will end- but we love Samantha- I started really rooting for her when EJ came on the scene!

Go Samantha!

#4   2014/03/24 04:27PM
    cooper14

Did Sami drop the "F" bomb today when she was talking to Kate. I replayed it several times and it sure sounded like it. Maybe her payback to the writers?

#5   2014/03/24 05:32PM
    miladytn

It's my understanding that DOOL tapes months, 3-4 months, in advance. When did Ali announce her leaving? A month ago? So we're not yet seeing any storylines written after her announcement.

I don't like the hair change either. That stringy stuff today was awful, IMHO. And I don't remember hearing the F bomb but I flip back and forth between NBC/CBS.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/03/24 05:32PM
    #6   2014/03/24 07:59PM
    sonnyhat127

Quote miladytn: It's my understanding that DOOL tapes months, 3-4 months, in advance. When did Ali announce her leaving? A month ago? So we're not yet seeing any storylines written after her announcement.

I don't like the hair change either. That stringy stuff today was awful, IMHO. And I don't remember hearing the F bomb but I flip back and forth between NBC/CBS.

I am sure AS told TPTB she was leaving long before they announced it to the public. Her hair and wardrobe are terrible. They are trying to make her look 18 and it ain't working.

#7   2014/03/25 08:34AM
    Iluvniyah

Quote sonnyhat127:
    Quote miladytn: It's my understanding that DOOL tapes months, 3-4 months, in advance. When did Ali announce her leaving? A month ago? So we're not yet seeing any storylines written after her announcement.

I am sure AS told TPTB she was leaving long before they announced it to the public. Her hair and wardrobe are terrible. They are trying to make her look 18 and it ain't working.

ITA. Ali's "public" announcement of her retirement after 21 years was undoubtedy months in the making. So the writing for her exit (if not recasted) did not begin after her Ellen DeGeneres appearance, but was already put in play by the time the show was broadcast.

#8   2014/03/25 05:31PM
    miladytn

Thanks for the additional info. You may be right about the writing but Sami has always been unpredictable, explosive, interfering, nosey, and many other adjectives I can't think of right now, LOL. Time will tell what the writers have in store for her.

But I do agree, in general terms, that once an actor/actress announces their departure, the writing seems to go downhill.

#9   2014/03/25 05:58PM
    Jezebel1

I was wondering the same thing about her hair and the shade keeps getting darker each week...Maybe is she who wants her hair darker.

#10   2014/03/25 06:27PM
    flightygirl

The last few days she has really looked older. Most woman don't want that unless they are 16.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list