List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: PsychoAbby.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

PsychoAbby.

Started by Undeniable Truth at 2014/02/11 11:06AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/26 01:05PM, Views: 3485, Replies: 44
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2014/02/11 04:14PM
    Re: PsychoAbby.
    JTsahottie

Nah! Speaks her mind that's all. She wants EJ but he's delusional thinking he and Sami will work out in the end. WE know they won't. Sami treats Ej like dog poo under her shoes. Ej should just give in to Abby. We know he likes it.

#12   2014/02/11 04:43PM
    Master

Quote JTsahottie: Nah! Speaks her mind that's all. She wants EJ but he's delusional thinking he and Sami will work out in the end. WE know they won't. Sami treats Ej like dog poo under her shoes. Ej should just give in to Abby. We know he likes it.

The one that is delusional is Sami. She married an unfaithful man who she knows can't be trusted and now she is forcing him to spend time with her. She's pretty darn delusional.

#13   2014/02/11 04:48PM
    JTsahottie

Quote Master:
    Quote JTsahottie: Nah! Speaks her mind that's all. She wants EJ but he's delusional thinking he and Sami will work out in the end. WE know they won't. Sami treats Ej like dog poo under her shoes. Ej should just give in to Abby. We know he likes it.

The one that is delusional is Sami. She married an unfaithful man who she knows can't be trusted and now she is forcing him to spend time with her. She's pretty darn delusional.

Won't argue with you there. Sami has been stupidified to be with EJ. I will say though I like her having EJ spend time Abby. It gives my FF'd fingers a rest and I can actually watch a soapy sexy scene...instead of puking when EJ tosses Sami over a desk and forcing her from behind...icky.

#14   2014/02/11 06:06PM
    Undeniable T...

Quote txwildcat:
    Quote Undeniable Truth:
    Quote txwildcat:
    Quote Undeniable Truth:
    Quote Rip1:
    Quote Undeniable Truth: She's coming. I can smell it.

It's not that she's any more mental than anyone else in Salem. It's that she's not any less. In comparison to others, she's merely an amateur in denial.

she must smell pretty good, ej can smell her coming also

sniff

Ba-dum-ching.

Too bad EJ can't smell his own wussiness. What a whipped dog. Stole from fatha because he wanted out from under Fatha's thumb because fatha is so terrible, then got his butt handed back to him. Has to pretend he can't get the info needed to clear her brother for fatha, then gets him's wil feewings hurt because his Samather inadvertently reminds him of just how big of a man he isn't because she knows better. So instead of facing his real issue, manning up and turning Stefano and Kristen in (and perhaps taking the fall for a few things himself)..he tries to feel more like a man by diddling around.

Wuss.

I couldn't care less who he ends up with. I am just ready to see whether or not choosing Abby, with her obsessive past and unaddressed issues will blow up in his face...and I do believe it shall.

I think, for me, it's a case waiting to see something (that I consider) different and actually interesting happen in the character EJ's life.

I guess I don't how see his choosing (possibly) obsessive Abigail will be any worse for him than his choice of the once guaranteed uber-obssessive, Sami. I think EJ could weather that with either woman... in addition to putting a lot of wear and tear on whatever woman he ends up with.

Besides, who said anything about him actually choosing Abigail? He seems determined to continue to suffer with Sami. I think, for a time, he will do exactly that. JMHO.

No no, I meant "choosing Abby" as in "to diddle with". Nothing more.

Couldn't care less who he chooses to have a relationship with. He's incapable of anything of the sort while under Fatha's thumb, and possibly in general.

Personally, I don't think he'd be much different if he weren't under Fatha's thumb. He is a DiMera, after all. And all, as far as we know, Fatha did not plant little Abby in EJ's path.

EJ seemed to have had a natural friendship, respect, and attraction to Abby all along. In fact, I believe that EJ even told Abby that to sleep with someone to keep them quiet is not his style--and that it was especially true when it came to someone he actually had some respect for. (For the record, I actually believed EJ when he said that to Abby.) Samantha's nonsense, beginning with viciously slapping him upside the head, only allowed enough time for any undiscovered/latent attraction that he might have had for Abby to come to fore. Believe me, I'm not placing the blame for EJ's infidelity entirely on Sami. IMO, it just is what it is.

Though I've seen some serious marriages result from relationships that begin as mere "diddling," I don't think EJ will be "diddling" with Abby for much longer. I think the two will come to a mutual agreement on that; and, though they may have some "letting go" issues, I think they will indeed let go... for a time.

I'm not sure how the writers originally thought this would play out; but, at this rate, even if Abby went psycho and obsessed over him, I would be the first viewer to say that he is getting exactly what he deserves. To me, EJ has not looked like a victim from Day One of the EJabby turn of events.

I think where you and i disagree for the most part is that you see a different EJ with Abby. I see the same EJ he's always been. A wuss. We also disagree that he'd have sex with someone to shut them up, but I do believe now that it was all about his own unaddressed issues and that shutting her up was just another reason.

We don't know he'd be permanently any different out from under Stefano's thumb, but he's has zero chance while under it. If he were to "choose" Abby in that regard right now, he'd do the exact same thing to her when he feels helpless and like Fatha's puppet that he's doing right now to this woman he was supposedly past soul mates with and "gave away everything for!" and every other woman he's done it to when he couldn't be with her.

Daddy issues. Days of our lives is chock full of them.

I do believe Abby will lose it. He didn't pay attention to the fact that he was using a girl who never really did address her obsessive need for attention from The first guy who was married to someone else. No one in their right mind pretends to have an affair with a married man just to try to win them. The only repercussion was a smack from Carrie and a nice sweep under the rug by Mom & Dad. Didn't get smacked hard enough I guess.

He also ignored the fact that she's so confused about love she couldn't decide 5 months ago who to sleep with. I don't think she knows what it is, but I don't doubt she ends up thinking she has it with EJ. I don't think she's going to let this go.

Like I said originally, it's not that she's any worse than any other salemite. She's just no better off. Thankfully, I don't think I'll have to be subjected to Samigail..where they just turn Abby into the next Sami and let her spend 8 years dealing with the fallout of EJ's wussiness. Just PsychoAbby...a product of said wussiness.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/11 06:08PM
    #15   2014/02/11 07:21PM
    txwildcat

Quote JTsahottie:
    Quote Master:

Won't argue with you there. Sami has been stupidified to be with EJ. I will say though I like her having EJ spend time Abby. It gives my FF'd fingers a rest and I can actually watch a soapy sexy scene...instead of puking when EJ tosses Sami over a desk and forcing her from behind...icky.

Yes... Sami has been extremely "stupidified" to be with EJ. As I listened to the EJami discussion in today's show, it didn't even make sense to me. If Sami wants to sleep with her fiancé, EJ, she should just do it. She doesn't need Eric's permission. She seemed to also be deluding herself into believing that EJ would have done all he could to stop Kristen from pulling that vile stunt on Eric.

I think Sami knows that EJ would not have done a thing to prevent Kristen's actions. She might as well face that fact and accept him for who he and what he is. Right now, she's just telling herself what she needs to hear.

Ditto on Sami's repeated "You can take care of Abigail, EJ" statements. LOL!

#16   2014/02/11 07:40PM
    txwildcat

Quote Undeniable Truth:
    Quote txwildcat:
    Quote Undeniable Truth:
    Quote txwildcat:
    Quote Undeniable Truth:
    Quote Rip1:

It's not that she's any more mental than anyone else in Salem. It's that she's not any less. In comparison to others, she's merely an amateur in denial.

sniff

Ba-dum-ching.

Too bad EJ can't smell his own wussiness. What a whipped dog. Stole from fatha because he wanted out from under Fatha's thumb because fatha is so terrible, then got his butt handed back to him. Has to pretend he can't get the info needed to clear her brother for fatha, then gets him's wil feewings hurt because his Samather inadvertently reminds him of just how big of a man he isn't because she knows better. So instead of facing his real issue, manning up and turning Stefano and Kristen in (and perhaps taking the fall for a few things himself)..he tries to feel more like a man by diddling around.

Wuss.

I couldn't care less who he ends up with. I am just ready to see whether or not choosing Abby, with her obsessive past and unaddressed issues will blow up in his face...and I do believe it shall.

I think, for me, it's a case waiting to see something (that I consider) different and actually interesting happen in the character EJ's life.

I guess I don't how see his choosing (possibly) obsessive Abigail will be any worse for him than his choice of the once guaranteed uber-obssessive, Sami. I think EJ could weather that with either woman... in addition to putting a lot of wear and tear on whatever woman he ends up with.

Besides, who said anything about him actually choosing Abigail? He seems determined to continue to suffer with Sami. I think, for a time, he will do exactly that. JMHO.

Couldn't care less who he chooses to have a relationship with. He's incapable of anything of the sort while under Fatha's thumb, and possibly in general.

Personally, I don't think he'd be much different if he weren't under Fatha's thumb. He is a DiMera, after all. And all, as far as we know, Fatha did not plant little Abby in EJ's path.

EJ seemed to have had a natural friendship, respect, and attraction to Abby all along. In fact, I believe that EJ even told Abby that to sleep with someone to keep them quiet is not his style--and that it was especially true when it came to someone he actually had some respect for. (For the record, I actually believed EJ when he said that to Abby.) Samantha's nonsense, beginning with viciously slapping him upside the head, only allowed enough time for any undiscovered/latent attraction that he might have had for Abby to come to fore. Believe me, I'm not placing the blame for EJ's infidelity entirely on Sami. IMO, it just is what it is.

Though I've seen some serious marriages result from relationships that begin as mere "diddling," I don't think EJ will be "diddling" with Abby for much longer. I think the two will come to a mutual agreement on that; and, though they may have some "letting go" issues, I think they will indeed let go... for a time.

I'm not sure how the writers originally thought this would play out; but, at this rate, even if Abby went psycho and obsessed over him, I would be the first viewer to say that he is getting exactly what he deserves. To me, EJ has not looked like a victim from Day One of the EJabby turn of events.

I think where you and i disagree for the most part is that you see a different EJ with Abby. I see the same EJ he's always been. A wuss. We also disagree that he'd have sex with someone to shut them up, but I do believe now that it was all about his own unaddressed issues and that shutting her up was just another reason.

We don't know he'd be permanently any different out from under Stefano's thumb, but he's has zero chance while under it. If he were to "choose" Abby in that regard right now, he'd do the exact same thing to her when he feels helpless and like Fatha's puppet that he's doing right now to this woman he was supposedly past soul mates with and "gave away everything for!" and every other woman he's done it to when he couldn't be with her.

I do believe Abby will lose it. He didn't pay attention to the fact that he was using a girl who never really did address her obsessive need for attention from The first guy who was married to someone else. No one in their right mind pretends to have an affair with a married man just to try to win them. The only repercussion was a smack from Carrie and a nice sweep under the rug by Mom & Dad. Didn't get smacked hard enough I guess.

He also ignored the fact that she's so confused about love she couldn't decide 5 months ago who to sleep with. I don't think she knows what it is, but I don't doubt she ends up thinking she has it with EJ. I don't think she's going to let this go.

Like I said originally, it's not that she's any worse than any other salemite. She's just no better off. Thankfully, I don't think I'll have to be subjected to Samigail..where they just turn Abby into the next Sami and let her spend 8 years dealing with the fallout of EJ's wussiness. Just PsychoAbby...a product of said wussiness.

On the contrary, I'm having an inkling that you and I are just about on the same page where our thoughts on EJ are concerned. Yes, when he's with Abby, I do see a softer side that sometimes comes out of EJ. I don't for a second see him appreciating her enough to give up the DiMera in him. I don't see him as a reformed bad man. I'm actually not an EJ fan. My interest in him only began when Abby was sucked into his world.

I don't think EJ needed to go as far as sleeping with Abby to shut her up, and I think he was smart enough to know that. Abby is young enough that an implied interest in her would have kept her quiet. He slept with her for one reason... because he wanted to. Totally selfish and totally DiMera.

Now, we do disagree about Abby. Right now, I don't see Abby as psycho; I just see her as very honest and very unwise in letting somebody like the manipulative EJ get so far into her head. Since she's slated for a new love interest, I hope the writers will just move forward with that. I most certainly don't see her as "Samigail" (or whatever) any more than I see Nicole (who also had far more serious and far more sickening daddy issues) as "Samicole."

#17   2014/02/11 09:10PM
    Undeniable T...

I never saw Nicole as a Samicole either. Just as a second choice. Easy prey. He enjoyed using her too every time he was doing it. He tore her up and down.

Be glad you won't have to see Abby as Samigail, because I really don't think she'll end up pregnant and falsifying paternity results anymore than I think she'll be the next "soulmate" of EJ's while he's still in this perpetual wiener mode or that she's the one who can snap him out of it.

EJ may have gotten into Abby's head, but I do believe he recognized that he was already in it. It was all too DiMera of him to spot that and use it to help make himself temporarily feel like a man again.

Guys who are in Abby's head (so far, anyway) have either been disinterested and obsessed over to the point of trickery and lies (and what she did was outside of the realm of normal, regardless of how abnormal every one else in the show us), or actually did care for her and got strung along. Now it's going to be the guy who used her for sex, so while she's not psycho yet....she's got tons of potential. I can see it, and I want to see it. EJ does deserve it. The wuss. Lol.

I didn't know she's slated for a new love interest. I recalll mention of one a few months ago (November, maybe?) but was under the impression that this was the story being referred to. Of all the soap options for her character at this point, I certainly won't have expected it if that does turn out to be the case. Of the possible paths to take right now, simply having her move on to the next is going to be a bit unbelievable for me if she doesn't face her inner demons first, and a real yawn watching her be confused until well into her 30s about who to choose and what love is. Oh wait...I'm having faith that she won't become the new Sami right now. I forgot.

#18   2014/02/12 12:53AM
    stjarna

Quote Undeniable Truth:
    Quote txwildcat:
    Quote Undeniable Truth:
    Quote txwildcat:
    Quote Undeniable Truth:
    Quote Rip1:

sniff

Ba-dum-ching.

Wuss.

Great analysis UT!

#19   2014/02/12 03:02PM
    ajs2005

Abby might be psycho, but EJ will be back for more.

#20   2014/02/12 03:06PM
    txwildcat

Quote ajs2005: Abby might be psycho, but EJ will be back for more.

On this, we agree!

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list