List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: When did this show lose it for you?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did this show lose it for you?

Started by allmylovingdays at 2014/02/10 05:25AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/13 03:15PM, Views: 2073, Replies: 47
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2014/02/11 08:08AM
    Re: When did this show loose it for you?
    allmylovingdays

I just mentioned on the Johnny and Sydney thread how GH can write for the kids and not just use them as bad seeds or pushing interlopers

Yesterday the kids took selfies and then met up with each other and gossiped about who their parents warned them about.

I only tuned in to check out someone's haircut and color expecting something huge the way twitter was going on and on only to think she looked the same but then thankfully I caught the moments with the kids

We need great storytelling not just stunts

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/11 08:10AM
    #22   2014/02/11 08:17AM
    Sunlover127

Quote allmylovingdays: I just mentioned on the Johnny and Sydney thread how GH can write for the kids and not just use them as bad seeds or pushing interlopers

Yesterday the kids took selfies and then met up with each other and gossiped about who their parents warned them about.

I only tuned in to check out someone's haircut and color expecting something huge the way twitter was going on and on only to think she looked the same but then thankfully I caught the moments with the kids

I agree!

Great storytelling, interesting characters, suspenseful plots all equal a quality show and great ratings!

Stunts.....well I guess for me that equals desperation, lack of creativity and insult for the loyal viewers.

#23   2014/02/11 08:30AM
    flightygirl

Quote Sunlover127:
    Quote allmylovingdays: I just mentioned on the Johnny and Sydney thread how GH can write for the kids and not just use them as bad seeds or pushing interlopers

I agree!

Great storytelling, interesting characters, suspenseful plots all equal a quality show and great ratings!

Stunts.....well I guess for me that equals desperation, lack of creativity and insult for the loyal viewers.

I agree. (I love the GH kiddy triangle)!

#24   2014/02/11 04:30PM
    JTsahottie

Quote Master: Fading I'm in no way being disrespectful to you but if you intensely dislike ejabby why do you post in the no bash thread? Just curious. I do enjoy your posts there but it confusing.

When didDays loose it for me, was the day EJ raped Sami then the grief sex between them. I'm not in to angry sex or watching a woman being victimized. Lustful or loving sex is what I enjoy. This father Eric and Kristin r rape turns my stomach. The fact that Days writers have managed to change all the characters history makes me sick.

id have to go with some of this. But Days lost it for me before the grief sex. The fact Sami didn't shoot off EJ's wiener for raping her and torturing her family is beyond me and totally out of character.

#25   2014/02/12 01:12AM
    Ms.Scott

The Ej/Abby storyline is the worst. As a Days viewer I have been waiting for Sami and Ej to be together. But damm can't we have some down time and enjoy this couple for awhile. I was looking forward to a great anticipated wedding but now the writers have me not liking Ej again. I don't watch everyday and when I do I fast forward through Ej/Abby. Sounds like I'm not the only one.

#26   2014/02/12 01:24AM
    stjarna

Quote Ms.Scott: The Ej/Abby storyline is the worst. As a Days viewer I have been waiting for Sami and Ej to be together. But damm can't we have some down time and enjoy this couple for awhile. I was looking forward to a great anticipated wedding but now the writers have me not liking Ej again. I don't watch everyday and when I do I fast forward through Ej/Abby. Sounds like I'm not the only one.

Definitely not the only one!
    The show lost me- now! There was many times I thought I'd stop. But usually ff stuff I wasn't particularly interested... But now all is kind of all over the place. Boring couples and SL they are in.
    Ejami was gold but they chose not to write for them in a way that would make them a real supercouple. Now AS is leaving so all of it is going down the drain.
    But then again, there are people who like the show the way it is written now and OK - I hope they have fun but I am not having fun watching it anymore.

#27   2014/02/12 02:24AM
    fadingrose

Quote Master:
    Quote fadingrose:
    Quote Master: Fading I'm in no way being disrespectful to you but if you intensely dislike ejabby why do you post in the no bash thread? Just curious. I do enjoy your posts there but it confusing.

When didDays loose it for me, was the day EJ raped Sami then the grief sex between them. I'm not in to angry sex or watching a woman being victimized. Lustful or loving sex is what I enjoy. This father Eric and Kristin r rape turns my stomach. The fact that Days writers have managed to change all the characters history makes me sick.

Sorry to have to defend myself, but as I re-read some of the very few posts I have made on the "No Bash" Ejabby thread I fail to see that my non-emotional comments were BASHING. In fact, check out some of them if you can take the time...
    #37, pg. 4; #95, pg. 10; #183, pg. 19; #224, pg .23

In fact one of those posts states that I have moved into the Ejabby camp (at least for now.

If anyone thinks I have violated some "rule," the person to decide my fate is the Administrator. By the way there have been posters on that thread who HAVE been negative toward the Ej/Abby connection.

In no way shape or form did I say anything about you bashing or violating rules. I simply asked because I want sure if you were teddering on the ejabby ejami fence. I apologize if I offended you that was not my intent. As I said I enjoy your posts and unlike the highest percentage of posters can't manage to post in both. You are always welcome to post your thoughts there. I don't want this to discourage you.

Thanks, but I'm not "discouraged " and as a virtual shut-in, I have enough to enjoy posting about the only Soap I have ever followed for decades. In all those years I have "teetered on the fence" about various characters and couples. At one time I may lean in one direction, but switch gears as a plot develops or a character appears to change.
    In other words, last month I may have decided that Ejabby is a great pairing, but tomorrow I may change my mind after weighing all the pros and cons. When I post in a NO BASHING" thread, I am careful about what I say--but every less-than-glowing" comment about how a s/l is developing is NOT necessarily BASHING.

By the way, DOOL has ALMOST lost me several times but I doubt I will ever stop watching, or even take a break!

#28   2014/02/12 04:43AM
    Thats2Ls

This show has had plenty of story lines I wasn't fond of, but there hasn't been one in particular that has made me "lose" whatever "it" is. Nothing ever stays the same on a soap, so if I don't like a couple or a story, I just fast-forward those scenes or read recaps instead of watching at all. I know that soon enough the couple will be over temporarily or permanently and they'll move on to a new story. If I ever really lost my enjoyment of the show, I'd just stop watching it because no one is forcing me to see it and get upset over it.

#29   2014/02/12 05:52AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote allmylovingdays: I know luvingBo&Hope will say a long long time ago How they treated Bo & Hope was a shame, I agree. I never could stand Bo after Carly came into the picture.

I think the nonwedding of Kristen. And you would think that Kristen's ugly deal with Eric would have turned me off. I just stopped liking her character when she went through with it. I had such high hopes for her and Brady at one time.

It's how the writers have no respect for women.

When Kristen was clinging to Brady's leg and he was dragging her trying to get away from her. I know people loved it but it was degrading

And having this teenage babysitter so desperate is sad

And when Sami finds out -I'm sure at another wedding of hers or maybe Wills

Kate gaining back her soul because she was with strafe

Don't get me started on jenny-the apple doesn't fall that far from the tree though does it

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/12 05:54AM
    #30   2014/02/12 11:06AM
    Re: When did this show lose it for you?
    deidnbella

I have watched Days for over 40 years also. I will continue to try and watch it. But, I really dislike the Abby/EJ pairing! I just can't bring myself to watch it any longer!

I also don't like how long it takes a story line to end.... It seems like I have been waiting for what, 2 months for JJ's tomorrow's court date?! Come on!!!!

One other thing. I do like the flash back scenes, but not the ones that we just watched yesterday and then to be made to watch them over and over again! I like the ones for example, like, when they showed Eric taking pictures of Nicole on the beach many years ago.

I guess I just want and need more romance!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent here.......

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list