List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: When did this show lose it for you?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

When did this show lose it for you?

Started by allmylovingdays at 2014/02/10 05:25AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/13 03:15PM, Views: 2022, Replies: 47
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/10 05:25AM
    When did this show loose it for you?
    allmylovingdays

I know luvingBo&Hope will say a long long time ago How they treated Bo & Hope was a shame, I agree. I never could stand Bo after Carly came into the picture.

I think the nonwedding of Kristen. And you would think that Kristen's ugly deal with Eric would have turned me off. I just stopped liking her character when she went through with it. I had such high hopes for her and Brady at one time.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/10 05:25AM
    #2   2014/02/10 05:46AM
    Re: When did this show loose it for you?
    fadingrose

Quote allmylovingdays: I know luvingBo&Hope will say a long long time ago How they treated Bo & Hope was a shame, I agree. I never could stand Bo after Carly came into the picture.

I think the nonwedding of Kristen. And you would think that Kristen's ugly deal with Eric would have turned me off. I just stopped liking her character when she went through with it. I had such high hopes for her and Brady at one time.

Though I am not quite ready to desert DAYS after so many years of being disappointed in various characters and plots, I AM at a low point. The writers have ruined so many of my once-favored characters, cruelly left the Bope story in limbo, and brought in a bunch of possibly uninteresting new (or recycled) characters, while tossing aside some tried-and-true old-timers. DOOL bears little resemblance to what some long-time viewers want to see. That's too bad. Some changes may work for a certain demographic group but only alienate others. Maybe I'm a fool--but I'll stick around for a while, anyway. I just HAVE to see what happens next--whether or not I'll like it!/

P.S. I intensely dislike the Ejabby situation. And I am so
    NOT looking forward to witchy Kristen's return!

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/10 05:51AM
    #3   2014/02/10 05:49AM
    allmylovingdays

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote allmylovingdays: I know luvingBo&Hope will say a long long time ago How they treated Bo & Hope was a shame, I agree. I never could stand Bo after Carly came into the picture.

Though I am not quite ready to desert DAYS after so many years of being disappointed in various characters and plots, I AM at a low point. The writers have ruined so many of my once-favored characters, cruelly left the Bope story in limbo, and brought in a bunch of possibly uninteresting new (or recycled) characters, while tossing aside some tried-and-true old-timers. DOOL bears little resemblance to what some long-time viewers want to see. That's too bad. Some changes may work for a certain demographic group but only alienate others. Maybe I'm a fool--but I'll stick around for a while, anyway. I just HAVE to see what happens next--whether or not I'll like it!

fading you are as I've stated so many times exactly what the soaps hope for - I get it. Hope that things change and you find something worth watching.

#4   2014/02/10 06:02AM
    Master

Fading I'm in no way being disrespectful to you but if you intensely dislike ejabby why do you post in the no bash thread? Just curious. I do enjoy your posts there but it confusing.

When didDays loose it for me, was the day EJ raped Sami then the grief sex between them. I'm not in to angry sex or watching a woman being victimized. Lustful or loving sex is what I enjoy. This father Eric and Kristin r rape turns my stomach. The fact that Days writers have managed to change all the characters history makes me sick.

#5   2014/02/10 06:12AM
    Jen821

I find watching Days is like watching a Train wreck happen most of the time. You don't like it but can't help but see it. I have watched the show for 40plus years and like others can't stop watching. I do take breaks from it from time to time when it gets so bad I can't take it but then something happens along to drawl me back in. I am surprised they get any vets that are willing to come back later considering how poorly the treated them the first time around on the show. I find it very sad and the list is a long one. Bo, Vivien/LS was axed very poorly, Jack, Philip, Chloe to name a few who I think were let go and not in a good way. Poor management leads to a poor show. I hate the Ej/Abby s/l but want to see Sami/AS until the end.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/10 06:14AM
    #6   2014/02/10 06:17AM
    Jen821

The Daysaster story line, the big reboot was a big disappointment!

#7   2014/02/10 06:47AM
    Sunlover127

I also have watched for 40+ years and there have many storylines I have LOVED!!! DOOL has had many characters I have loved and hated. I've watched the actors and actresses do good and bad things. I've experienced a gambit of emotions over the years as I've been surprised and kept in suspense, intrigued by mysteries and got teary and felt sad. All of this makes for a good soap!

But, there have been a few times when I have found a storyline annoying or stupid and stopped watching for a short period of time.

Those times for me included:
    Marlene's possession by the devil,
    the island of doubles (don't even know what the story was really about but I think there were doubles of everyone that was being killed or something?!?),
    Bo with Carly while Hope was taking sleeping pills that made her act stupid and try to kill him,

BUT in my opinion the EJ with Abigail sex storyline is the worst storyline of all time!

I have stopped watching DOOL and will read the summaries here and on other sites online to find out when the EJ/Abigail debacle is over, turns murderous, fizzles out, etc. and will watch again...maybe. This has really soured me against DOOL.

I will watch Samantha's final shows.

Modified 4 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/10 06:52AM
    #8   2014/02/10 07:31AM
    Undeniable T...

Days loses it for me all the time. Virtual garden of Eden. The Kristen/Susan/Penelope/Sister Maura or whatever thing...Eileen is a damn good actress but I quit watching the show for a few years after that. Marlena possession. Princess Gina. SORAing EJ into much older than everyone who would have been his older peers. The 25 lives of Stefano. Being subjected to Bo's Last Carly romp.

I don't understand quitting the show just because a particular couple that you enjoy isn't going to be together anymore, or because of a "rape" (or as I call it: a "deal"), or because someone else is now currently allowing themselves to be used for sex as part of a secret understanding instead. That's Days of our Lives...there's little to no love in Salem, and the only morals here apparently look just like an after school special.

It's not the soapiness that pushed this show to the bottom of the barrel.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/10 07:37AM
    #9   2014/02/10 07:41AM
    fadingrose

Quote Master: Fading I'm in no way being disrespectful to you but if you intensely dislike ejabby why do you post in the no bash thread? Just curious. I do enjoy your posts there but it confusing.

When didDays loose it for me, was the day EJ raped Sami then the grief sex between them. I'm not in to angry sex or watching a woman being victimized. Lustful or loving sex is what I enjoy. This father Eric and Kristin r rape turns my stomach. The fact that Days writers have managed to change all the characters history makes me sick.

Sorry to have to defend myself, but as I re-read some of the very few posts I have made on the "No Bash" Ejabby thread I fail to see that my non-emotional comments were BASHING. In fact, check out some of them if you can take the time...
    #37, pg. 4; #95, pg. 10; #183, pg. 19; #224, pg .23

In fact one of those posts states that I have moved into the Ejabby camp (at least for now.

If anyone thinks I have violated some "rule," the person to decide my fate is the Administrator. By the way there have been posters on that thread who HAVE been negative toward the Ej/Abby connection.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/10 07:45AM
    #10   2014/02/10 10:07AM
    Lialovessoaps

The show made me lose my enthusiasm for it when they destroyed Nick and Gabi for WiSon. Making it all seem as if Nick was a horrible person because he was raped in prison and "hated gays" left a terrible feeling there for me. He'd been traumatized, but instead of showing us a good story in which he eventually reveals to Gabi in a very poignant, emotional moment what happened to him...We got this horrible story about him going after Will because he's gay.

Now they have Gabi afraid of him, when less than a year ago she was in love with him and planning to marry him. I was looking for to the two of them raising lil Ari as a family, and all I got was another "Nick is a psycho" story. While Will who tried to kill Ej walks free, Gabi who hired a stalker to go after Melanie walks free, and Sonny who does nothing but lie and cover up crime walks free. All three are seen as people fit to raise this little girl, when in fact they're no better off to raise her than Nick. And then there's the Sami/Kate factors.

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list