List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Is Sony letting JFP destroy DOOL and Y&R?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is Sony letting JFP destroy DOOL and Y&R?

Started by Adam Love at 2014/02/03 02:34PM
    Latest post: 2014/02/04 05:38AM, Views: 488, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2014/02/03 02:34PM
    Is Sony letting JFP destroy DOOL and Y&R?
    Adam Love

Reading this message board is like reading the one over at Y&R. Same stories, different charters and actors. I still think Sony wants to get out of the soap business, so they have hired the "Soap Killer" herself Jill Phelps to work her magic at Y&R. Looks to me she is working over at DOOL too.

#2   2014/02/03 03:17PM
    Re: Is Sony letting JFP destroy DOOL and Y&R?
    CindyHaskins

I really don't see sony getting out of the soap opera business not when the just renewed days of our lives for two more years and the samething with the young and the restless.also gary tomlin is the headwriter of days of our lives.and also jfp is the headwriter for only the young and the restless only.and she doesn't have nothing to with the writing for days of our lives or the storyline.

#3   2014/02/03 03:39PM
    Adam Love

Quote CindyHaskins: I really don't see sony getting out of the soap opera business not when the just renewed days of our lives for two more years and the samething with the young and the restless.also gary tomlin is the headwriter of days of our lives.and also jfp is the headwriter for only the young and the restless only.and she doesn't have nothing to with the writing for days of our lives or the storyline.

Yes, I am aware of this, however, the same complaints that I read on DOOL message board about s/l's and their characters, is the same thing I read on Y&R message board too regarding the exact subject; s/l's and their characters. Just an observation between the two that is all!!

#4   2014/02/04 05:08AM
    allmylovingdays

In one word.

YES

Funny but this weather is making all the soaps and daytime shows ratings look like people,are loving it. But Katie which was cancelled got just as high ratings as these two.

#5   2014/02/04 05:38AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Adam Love: Reading this message board is like reading the one over at Y&R. Same stories, different charters and actors. I still think Sony wants to get out of the soap business, so they have hired the "Soap Killer" herself Jill Phelps to work her magic at Y&R. Looks to me she is working over at DOOL too.

Jill Phelps has NOTHING to do with DAYS' activities (not out front that I know of anyway) but DAYS started tanking several years ago & hit rock bottom for the first time ever under Dena Higley's head writing & Gary Tomlin's producing years. It's been on the bottom alone ever since and Gary Tomlin has been the writer throughout this dismal period. Don't know what's happening at Y&R - they're presently seated at the top of the ratings (only 4 left btw) - and DAYS did just get renewed, although rated last, at least thru it's "50th" celebration. Can think of MANY reasons DAYS has nosedived (Sony & NBC likely a strong part of that), but it has nothing to do with Jill Phelps!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list