List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Sorry, The Recast No Chandler Massey. Not close

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Sorry, The Recast No Chandler Massey. Not close

Started by butterfly52 at 2014/01/31 04:23PM
    Latest post: 2014/02/02 08:23PM, Views: 615, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2014/01/31 04:23PM
    Sorry, The Recast No Chandler Massey. Not close
    butterfly52

I am sorry, I know the young man needs a job. I hope he finds one, but who ever recast him did not come close. He has nothting to bring to the table as Will. If not Chandler than what about the young man who played Will prior to Chandler?

#2   2014/01/31 04:47PM
    Re: Sorry, The Recast No Chandler Massey. Not close
    kayhan

Quote butterfly52: I am sorry, I know the young man needs a job. I hope he finds one, but who ever recast him did not come close. He has nothting to bring to the table as Will. If not Chandler than what about the young man who played Will prior to Chandler?

Guy Wilson is doing a fine job in his portrayal of Will Horton. He is not an imitation of Chandler, and should not be expected to be. He is a good actor and should be given the opportunity to play the character the way he interprets it. Not by copying someone else.

#3   2014/01/31 05:34PM
    CindyHaskins

I happen to agree with you guy wilson is doing a awesome job playing the role of will horton.

#4   2014/01/31 06:02PM
    holdingonfor...

I copy that......he is no Chandler....not even close!!

He might be a great actor.....and all that....but
    it is not the same..............doesn't look right!

#5   2014/02/01 09:33AM
    KJL19

No Guy Wilson is not Chandler, it wouldn't be realistic to expect him to be. What we could expect him to be is a half way decent actor. Now three plus weeks into the role, and we are still seeing him recite his lines, and basically have one facial expression for all scenes. Whether he is simply having a conversation, supposed to be showing shock at seeing Nick, happy about being proposed to, or even having an angry confrontation you get the exact same facial expression. He is simply a lousy actor in this role, there is ZERO chemistry with Freddie, and looking good with your shirt off in a bed scene is NOT chemistry. WilSon died when Chandler left the role. Chandlers and Freddies chemistry together was so good that one scene was enough to get me to start watching this show after 20 years of not watching. Now I will stick around to find out how they wrap up the Nick and Gabi story, and then stop, because it is too depressing to see what was done to WilSon with this lousy recast.

#6   2014/02/01 12:05PM
    mbfc3

I don't mind being patient and giving Guy Wilson the chance to settle into the character. I'm not ready to pass final judgement after such a short amount of time.

#7   2014/02/02 10:20AM
    HouseTops

The recast is not close....IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!!!

#8   2014/02/02 03:39PM
    sharon n nic...

I love Chandler as Will but I will give the recast a chance.

#9   2014/02/02 07:36PM
    butterfly52

all of you that think he deserves a chance, that is your right. I am entitle to my opion and he can not act to be blunt. Recast, Recast, Recast. I just like the actor Chandler Massesy, he is a good actor. Lets not get it twisted the roll he plays I hate. I only watch Chandler in scenes with Sami, Lucas, Marlena and Gabi. I always fast forward through those dicussing scenes with Sonny. I don't watch that garbage. I could care less if that crap have chemistry or not.

#10   2014/02/02 08:23PM
    Lialovessoaps

I think he's doing okay, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not into WilSon at all so I really don't care. Will needs to be in jail for attempted murder as far as I'm concerned. And helping Kate, Sami and Gabi cover their crime against Nick only makes him worse imo. I hope Nick takes the recording of he and Lucas talking about him shooting EJ to the cops before this is over.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list