List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: What really has you heated about DOOL?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What really has you heated about DOOL?

Started by danniferfan4life at 2014/01/29 01:40AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/02 07:08PM, Views: 1720, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2014/01/29 03:40PM
    Re: What really has you heated about DOOL?
    janlee

This EJ and Abigail thing.

#12   2014/01/29 04:09PM
    zuzu61

Quote CoachJack: I'vebeen saying this for a while now b ut it won't hurt to say it again.

I am HEATED that they are doing this stupid JJ/Theresa c*ap. It has been bothering me ever since JJ got clean that the writers refuse to allow him to have any of the support he so deserves. They've made Jen oblivious, Daniel unavailable and everyone else only interacts with him either to accuse him of something he's not doing or tell him they're proud of him without offering real support. Okay we had that little scene with Maggie last week but it was too little too late. I want to see more of JJ's growing relationship with Daniel, less of this nonsense.

Relatedly, the writer won't fricking use the character histories. They could have easily made Jen a bit more sympathetic and a bit less of a crazy woman just by connecting things up more. Jen was a wild teenager who got into plenty of trouble, if they had had any reference to her being worried about because of her own past it would have made sense and I probably wouldn't have been quite as annoyed. They could have shown her as a loving mother who is in over her head with her troubled son and doesn't know how to help, instead they just made her oblivious and her dynamic with JJ is more or less "you're a nuisance, why don't you just behave" and that is not only grossly unfair to JJ but also not who I believe Jen is. Oh and all this going on and not one flashback with Jack, not one second of missing him and wishing he was there to help????

My main problem with Jen and Daniel at this point is that Jen has often been ABUSIVE and NASTY towards Daniel, and I have a hard time believing that the same man who has no problem telling Victor to shut the h*ll up and telling Stefano Dimera to take a hike cannot tell Jennifer that her behavior towards him is unacceptable and that he won't listen to her vilifying him. I might be more willing to give them another try if the writers stopped destroying both their characters for the sake of "drama." I would MUCH rather see Daniel with Nicole, since they both stand up to each other when needed and are very visible to each other in general, or someone new who will also do that. Besides I'd like to see Daniel and Jen be forced into the role of divorced parents because of JJ.

ITA!! Bravo!! IMO, JJ could definitely pull in the younger viewers.. But seems he can't get his life straight for Propping Theresa. A waste of time and $$. JMHO

#13   2014/01/29 04:22PM
    zuzu61

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote fadingrose:
    Quote zuzu61: I'm "HEATED" about the VETS, who can either take a backseat or prop & pimp the Faves.

The VETS (who BTW MADE DOOL).. are lucky to get a line or so each week. Sometimes months..

I could go on and on and Name each Veteran Actor and how their Character has been CHANGED to push, prop, pimp the Newbie Faves... But We ALL know it already..
    Shame on you Corday....

As a DOOL's fan from the very beginning (with a few breaks along the way), my favorites "back in the day" are the VETS today. I mean people like Alice and Tom's sons and daughters, Marlena/John/Roman, Bo/Hope, Kayla/Patch, Jenn/Jack, etc.
    I'm sure TPTB and the writers are trying to appeal to a different age demographic after 40 Plus years. My generation may want to see some of those VETS more than the newbies, but mistaken or not, I'm sure the main office believes it knows what's the best way to ensure our show's future: Off with the old, on with the new. I am "heated" about that, but change gets harder and harder for people my age to accept.

GREAT post and I'm with you all the way (and also agree with "zuzu's" comments)! TPTB chose not only to bring in "newbies", which is fine, necessary, & understandable, to try & appeal to a younger audience, but there was absolutely NO reason to toss aside, use & abuse the established, popular, recognizable vets who brought the show to greatness & kept it in the top tier of the ratings throughout the show's life. By backburnering & taking the vets' story material away & using them only as props in stories for the younger/newbies they lost their solid, substantial audience who'd been there for the long haul! These vet characters were hardly too old or unappealing - quite the opposite - & they kept the show true to it's history (until show & character history was changed/rewritten to suit the newbie sl which plays to a MUCH smaller audience than it could have)! My question has been all along, "Why not appeal to ALL?" Why throw a loyal audience to the wolves while "trying" to bring in the younger crowd? Didn't they EVER see that wasn't working - the younger crowd doesn't STAY in the audience - they go & come? Why not utilize ALL the popular characters while blending the new in with the established core characters AND the popular, established stories to stay true to history? There's NOTHING to sink your teeth into nowadays (starting several years ago) & way too much bedhopping to enjoy or believe in a tru-love story! They lost thousands of viewers in recent years because the show is no longer recognizable as DAYS! Even now they're bringing in/back characters who will make/made NO positive impact whatsoever. The ratings sunk to the bottom doing this & have been planted there ever since & tptb obviously don't care!! Anyway, we ALL know what they could've & should've done but they refuse. Along with this keeping me "heated about DOOL" I stay "heated" they haven't shown the amazing character of Bo & the incredible love story of Bope (the things that argurably were the most powerful, positive, & popular about DAYS' history & kept it so highly rated for DECADES) the respect they deserve by giving Bo a quality, heartwarming exit sl and ending Bope in the respecful, acceptable, believably way they deserve!! Other characters who brought a whole lot less to this show than Bo and sl's a whole lot less - not even comparable - have received decent, heartwrenching exits. It's been cruel the way their fans have been treated by recent writing teams and SO unnecessary! I know I post this message relentlessly, but they can't hear it enough because it's been so blatant on their part!

Awesome.. Bravo Again!! I Agree. I'm all for the NEW. But not at the expense of the OLD.
    (ha. Not calling the Vets "OLD".. Because I'm probably as old or older than many of them.)
    The disrespect for Bo is disgusting. NO NEED to continue to make Ciara have problems because he "LEFT his family."

#14   2014/01/29 04:27PM
    zuzu61

Quote flightygirl: I don't like writing for SHOCK value.

Sami shooting EJ in the head while he is passed out?

Raping a PRIEST?

EJ and Abigail?

WTF. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I can think of now. I like really good writing which includes foreshadowing and character consistency. Stories should make sense not just be shocking.

AMEN!! SO true!! I SOOO agree!
    Dang.. I've read Some Great comments tonight.

#15   2014/01/29 05:13PM
    Sunlover127

Raping a PRIEST?

EJ and Abigail?

WTF. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I can think of now. I like really good writing which includes foreshadowing and character consistency. Stories should make sense not just be shocking.

I totally agree with you!! Good post!!

Others I thought of:
    *repeating storylines (one example "back from the dead" s/l)
    *eliminating quality characters (example Bo is gone but no closure)
    *destroying characters (EJ's character was destroyed with the Abigail pairing)
    *meaningless writing (why DOES Ann hate Jennifer so much? how would Ann keep her job??)
    *writing a lousy s/l for quality actors/actresses such as Hope

#16   2014/01/29 10:06PM
    Daysfan47sd

I agee, as when a man loves a woman he would not be in the claws of Abbigail. "I'm just saying..." EJ was all a glow when Sami was just about to get it back on with him, you could see it in their characters. I don't see this spark with Abbigail, they are trying to make it but just not there. Why can't they find her a man of her own????? She was after Sami's sister's husband and now Sami's man. She needs to get a life. If the writers continue this line with Abbigail I know many will not be watching as it does discredit both the actors.

#17   2014/01/30 09:11AM
    flightygirl

Quote Sunlover127:

Raping a PRIEST?

EJ and Abigail?

I totally agree with you!! Good post!!

Others I thought of:
    *repeating storylines (one example "back from the dead" s/l)
    *eliminating quality characters (example Bo is gone but no closure)
    *destroying characters (EJ's character was destroyed with the Abigail pairing)
    *meaningless writing (why DOES Ann hate Jennifer so much? how would Ann keep her job??)
    *writing a lousy s/l for quality actors/actresses such as Hope

I agree. They were so stupid not to finish the Bo storyline. I actually don't mind when a fan favorite comes back from the dead. So having something happen to Bo would have freed up Hope. We need Bo closure and storyline closure. What was that stupid half of a gold coin all about?
    Why didn't Stefano get a DNA test when he found out Ej not his?
    What happened to Alice's bank account?
    Why couldn't Sami decide between Ej and ?
    Why couldn't Abigail decide between Chad and Cam?
    Why couldn't Jenn decide between Jack and Daniel?
    Why don't we KNOW who the characters really love?

I guess I am just soo fed up...

#18   2014/01/30 11:12AM
    HouseTops

... still boring...before and after EJ...

Proping ...BORING!!

#19   2014/01/30 11:37AM
    mbfc3

I'm heated about the overexposure of Theresa. She's on just about every single day.

I'm also heated about the continuation of the JJ probation/sentencing s/l. We age children after a few months, but we drag this out almost as if it's real time.

Finally, I'm heated about the loss of the show's history. Almost none of the characters who are currently featured have strong historical ties to the show's s/ls. With the notable exception of Sami, these characters might have family ties, but they don't seem part of the Hortons or Bradys.

#20   2014/02/01 08:23AM
    EjamiEricole

Uh well let's see.... The EJ & Abby affair! Want EJAMI back before Allison Sweeney leaves.

The drag out of Eric & Nicole...put them together already...been over a year!

Ready for John & Marlena back together, cuz I agree the VETS are some of the best! Miss Bo & Hope!!
    Wouldn't mind Stefano & Kate back together, worked well!
    Less of Anne, Theresa, Nick, Abby and Gabi...BORING!!

Like Brady, he needs someone good! Hoping for a reunite of Dan & Jen soon...DRAGGING that one too!

New WILL is not good at all! Like Sonny and T could be the interesting guy to put with someone like Abby...oh and look someone her on age! And leave EJAMI alone.

Rafe/Jordan and Lucas/Cheryl are looking good too!
    Hurry up with ERICOLE...LOVE THEM!!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list