List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: What really has you heated about DOOL?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What really has you heated about DOOL?

Started by danniferfan4life at 2014/01/29 01:40AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/02 07:08PM, Views: 1564, Replies: 25
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2014/01/29 01:40AM
    What really has you heated about DOOL?
    danniferfan4...

I am heated at the way they keep boosting Nicole up, while Jen is the long time Vet that a lot of people used to love, but now detest. It's funny how they came up with ways to bring nicole out of her old ways to now where she's supposedly is deserving of true love w/dan or eric, while continuously making Jen look bad. Everyone can forgive nicole, but jen doesn't deserve dan, Please, give me a break. Yes, nicole is good actress, but will not act like she deserves a good man more than Jen, so MISS ME AGAIN, WITH THESE ALL OF A SUDDEN NICOLE TURN AROUND FANS, but can't seem to bring Jen back, the Vet. IMO, there was & still is nothing wrong w/Jen. Nicole aunt no better than Jen, the writers just found a way to change her temporarily, and she's not going to stop lieing & scheming. She will find a way to screw up w/dan & eric.

I love dannifer, but im done with this dool crap & continuously bringing in new people/reported roles & can't seem to wrap up what u already have going on & need new character/reprised rolls to finish what is and was already collateral damage.

They seem to be trying to bring old Jen back, slowly but surely, but she should have been out shining nicole at this point. Where she's helping daniel, that should have been Jen, cause she was a reporter, and a darn good one b4 nicole was even thought about or brought to the Dool family. Regardless of who is in the current reporter roll seat, Jen was an awesome reporter, if they were going to realize that role, it should have been Jen.
    Yes, I AM ONE HLL OF AN ANGRY FAN RIGHT NOW OF 23 yrs.

No disrespect to nicole or her fans, its just that the writers came up with ways where nicole could be forgiven for all the hurt & pain she caused others, up to & including trying to put Jen in jail for something she didn't do, and now she deserves every good man on the show, PLEASE!! While the character of Jen and others are constantly bashed for the change in their writing roles, but nicole looking better than ever, Honey Child Please.

This is my opinion only and I am sticking to it no matter what.

#2   2014/01/29 02:20AM
    Re: What really has you heated about DOOL?
    -Josie-

The destruction of EJ (what a disservice to JS's talent) and Ejami (what a disservice to Ali's last year on the show).

#3   2014/01/29 02:37AM
    stjarna

One thing is true fans get heated up about s/L's and characters. It is good to voice opinions and swoon or even rant. Jen was a character that got me watching Days..... And recently they really made a mess of her character... And so I am now so disappointed, plus my opinion is that she is wrongly matched with Daniel.... But things turn around when the writers put effort in like they did with Nicole... And we had absolutely great Ejami writing last year, and then like a hurricane all is changed and now we have EJ like he lost his mind over night. I know it is a soap, yet I feel they ought to think about the flow of s/L's....jmo!
    You know how they ruined Chloe.... And she was a great character....and I so want to see her back... She would be great with EJ and even Eric... It would cause a great stir in my opinion!!

#4   2014/01/29 05:00AM
    zuzu61

I'm "HEATED" about the VETS, who can either take a backseat or prop & pimp the Faves.

The VETS (who BTW MADE DOOL).. are lucky to get a line or so each week. Sometimes months..

I could go on and on and Name each Veteran Actor and how their Character has been CHANGED to push, prop, pimp the Newbie Faves... But We ALL know it already..
    Shame on you Corday....

#5   2014/01/29 05:30AM
    fadingrose

Quote zuzu61: I'm "HEATED" about the VETS, who can either take a backseat or prop & pimp the Faves.

The VETS (who BTW MADE DOOL).. are lucky to get a line or so each week. Sometimes months..

I could go on and on and Name each Veteran Actor and how their Character has been CHANGED to push, prop, pimp the Newbie Faves... But We ALL know it already..
    Shame on you Corday....

As a DOOL's fan from the very beginning (with a few breaks along the way), my favorites "back in the day" are the VETS today. I mean people like Alice and Tom's sons and daughters, Marlena/John/Roman, Bo/Hope, Kayla/Patch, Jenn/Jack, etc.
    I'm sure TPTB and the writers are trying to appeal to a different age demographic after 40 Plus years. My generation may want to see some of those VETS more than the newbies, but mistaken or not, I'm sure the main office believes it knows what's the best way to ensure our show's future: Off with the old, on with the new. I am "heated" about that, but change gets harder and harder for people my age to accept.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/29 05:33AM
    #6   2014/01/29 05:51AM
    CoachJack

I'vebeen saying this for a while now b ut it won't hurt to say it again.

I am HEATED that they are doing this stupid JJ/Theresa c*ap. It has been bothering me ever since JJ got clean that the writers refuse to allow him to have any of the support he so deserves. They've made Jen oblivious, Daniel unavailable and everyone else only interacts with him either to accuse him of something he's not doing or tell him they're proud of him without offering real support. Okay we had that little scene with Maggie last week but it was too little too late. I want to see more of JJ's growing relationship with Daniel, less of this nonsense.

Relatedly, the writer won't fricking use the character histories. They could have easily made Jen a bit more sympathetic and a bit less of a crazy woman just by connecting things up more. Jen was a wild teenager who got into plenty of trouble, if they had had any reference to her being worried about because of her own past it would have made sense and I probably wouldn't have been quite as annoyed. They could have shown her as a loving mother who is in over her head with her troubled son and doesn't know how to help, instead they just made her oblivious and her dynamic with JJ is more or less "you're a nuisance, why don't you just behave" and that is not only grossly unfair to JJ but also not who I believe Jen is. Oh and all this going on and not one flashback with Jack, not one second of missing him and wishing he was there to help????

My main problem with Jen and Daniel at this point is that Jen has often been ABUSIVE and NASTY towards Daniel, and I have a hard time believing that the same man who has no problem telling Victor to shut the h*ll up and telling Stefano Dimera to take a hike cannot tell Jennifer that her behavior towards him is unacceptable and that he won't listen to her vilifying him. I might be more willing to give them another try if the writers stopped destroying both their characters for the sake of "drama." I would MUCH rather see Daniel with Nicole, since they both stand up to each other when needed and are very visible to each other in general, or someone new who will also do that. Besides I'd like to see Daniel and Jen be forced into the role of divorced parents because of JJ.

#7   2014/01/29 06:44AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote fadingrose:
    Quote zuzu61: I'm "HEATED" about the VETS, who can either take a backseat or prop & pimp the Faves.

Shame on you Corday....

As a DOOL's fan from the very beginning (with a few breaks along the way), my favorites "back in the day" are the VETS today. I mean people like Alice and Tom's sons and daughters, Marlena/John/Roman, Bo/Hope, Kayla/Patch, Jenn/Jack, etc.
    I'm sure TPTB and the writers are trying to appeal to a different age demographic after 40 Plus years. My generation may want to see some of those VETS more than the newbies, but mistaken or not, I'm sure the main office believes it knows what's the best way to ensure our show's future: Off with the old, on with the new. I am "heated" about that, but change gets harder and harder for people my age to accept.

GREAT post and I'm with you all the way (and also agree with "zuzu's" comments)! TPTB chose not only to bring in "newbies", which is fine, necessary, & understandable, to try & appeal to a younger audience, but there was absolutely NO reason to toss aside, use & abuse the established, popular, recognizable vets who brought the show to greatness & kept it in the top tier of the ratings throughout the show's life. By backburnering & taking the vets' story material away & using them only as props in stories for the younger/newbies they lost their solid, substantial audience who'd been there for the long haul! These vet characters were hardly too old or unappealing - quite the opposite - & they kept the show true to it's history (until show & character history was changed/rewritten to suit the newbie sl which plays to a MUCH smaller audience than it could have)! My question has been all along, "Why not appeal to ALL?" Why throw a loyal audience to the wolves while "trying" to bring in the younger crowd? Didn't they EVER see that wasn't working - the younger crowd doesn't STAY in the audience - they go & come? Why not utilize ALL the popular characters while blending the new in with the established core characters AND the popular, established stories to stay true to history? There's NOTHING to sink your teeth into nowadays (starting several years ago) & way too much bedhopping to enjoy or believe in a tru-love story! They lost thousands of viewers in recent years because the show is no longer recognizable as DAYS! Even now they're bringing in/back characters who will make/made NO positive impact whatsoever. The ratings sunk to the bottom doing this & have been planted there ever since & tptb obviously don't care!! Anyway, we ALL know what they could've & should've done but they refuse. Along with this keeping me "heated about DOOL" I stay "heated" they haven't shown the amazing character of Bo & the incredible love story of Bope (the things that argurably were the most powerful, positive, & popular about DAYS' history & kept it so highly rated for DECADES) the respect they deserve by giving Bo a quality, heartwarming exit sl and ending Bope in the respecful, acceptable, believably way they deserve!! Other characters who brought a whole lot less to this show than Bo and sl's a whole lot less - not even comparable - have received decent, heartwrenching exits. It's been cruel the way their fans have been treated by recent writing teams and SO unnecessary! I know I post this message relentlessly, but they can't hear it enough because it's been so blatant on their part!

#8   2014/01/29 06:55AM
    flightygirl

I don't like writing for SHOCK value.

Sami shooting EJ in the head while he is passed out?

Raping a PRIEST?

EJ and Abigail?

WTF. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones I can think of now. I like really good writing which includes foreshadowing and character consistency. Stories should make sense not just be shocking.

#9   2014/01/29 07:20AM
    daysforever

Quote fadingrose:

Shame on you Corday....

Fadingrose makes a very good point: I too, have pined for storylines that featured the comforting, stabilizing patriarchal authority of the Horton and Brady families. However, what we see today are the children of Alice and Tom Horton, Caroline and Shawn Brady, and the offspring of the DiMera and Kiriakis families. Look around: DOOL is not the only drama that has moved on with a focus on the next generation—and their children. To keep our show on the air, this “next generation” of characters on DOOL today are the generation (and some are even older) that we see in nearly all prime-time shows and in films. As a 35-year viewer, I too miss the characters that I loved and hated in the 1980s, but like it or not, time—and I—have had to move on.

#10   2014/01/29 08:31AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote daysforever:
    Quote fadingrose:

Shame on you Corday....

Fadingrose makes a very good point: I too, have pined for storylines that featured the comforting, stabilizing patriarchal authority of the Horton and Brady families. However, what we see today are the children of Alice and Tom Horton, Caroline and Shawn Brady, and the offspring of the DiMera and Kiriakis families. Look around: DOOL is not the only drama that has moved on with a focus on the next generation—and their children. To keep our show on the air, this “next generation” of characters on DOOL today are the generation (and some are even older) that we see in nearly all prime-time shows and in films. As a 35-year viewer, I too miss the characters that I loved and hated in the 1980s, but like it or not, time—and I—have had to move on.

It's not about "moving on" with the "next generation" of characters on DOOL - the offspring of the Horton's & Brady's. Of course, that's understandable, necessary, & acceptable as long as they stay true to history for what the Horton's & Brady's brought to the show AND it's NOT acceptable & understandable & totally unnecessary to toss all the vets to the side during the process. They should've been "blending" them into the families & the real history rather than rewriting such & using the vets ONLY as props for the newbies. The transition should've been smoother & with a recognizable, believable connection as they brought new characters/stories into the fold with some gradual fresh stories imo (and maybe thousands of others wouldn't have departed from the audience had their faves been utilized more along WITH the younger generation being brought in. Y&R does that best of all - it CAN be done & should in order to respect the WHOLE audience! Some of these "younger generation" characters & their stories don't even seem to have a real connection to their family members before them because history was dropped or changed - they seem to "use" the Horton connection (the ornament hanging, for instance) but the feel is not there! Anyway, DOOL obviously has not done this or their established audience would have much larger numbers - ALL soaps have declined but DOOL the most!!

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list