List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Alison Sweeney

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Alison Sweeney

Started by tetra6655 at 2014/01/20 10:50PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/21 02:19PM, Views: 2306, Replies: 21
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2014/01/20 10:50PM
    Alison Sweeney
    tetra6655

This is her last year she is going to announce it on Ellen DeGeneres later today. She said that she will be on for the rest of the year. She has played sami for 21 years and it will be 22 years when she quits. She also said that she wants to spend more time with her children. You can watch it here. http://soapcentral.com/days/news/2014/0121-sweeney.php

#2   2014/01/20 11:08PM
    Re: Alison Sweeney
    -Josie-

Quote tetra6655: This is her last year she is going to announce it on Ellen DeGeneres later today. She said that she will be on for the rest of the year. She has played sami for 21 years and it will be 22 years when she quits. She also said that she wants to spend more time with her children. You can watch it here. soapcentral.com/days/news/2014/0121-sweeney.php

Omg, I'm so sad! I love Sami and will miss her terribly. I wonder if this is the reason they took the Ejami story in this direction. Or is she leaving b/c she's not happy w/ the show? Like the chicken or the egg.

*sigh* I hope they leave an out for Sami to return if Ali chooses to. As much as I would hate to lose James too, I kinda hope they can write for EJ & Sami to ride off in the sunset somehow. I don't know if I can bear to watch EJ without his Samantha by his side.

#3   2014/01/20 11:17PM
    wwwwww

Quote -Josie-:
    Quote tetra6655: This is her last year she is going to announce it on Ellen DeGeneres later today. She said that she will be on for the rest of the year. She has played sami for 21 years and it will be 22 years when she quits. She also said that she wants to spend more time with her children. You can watch it here. soapcentral.com/days/news/2014/0121-sweeney.php

Omg, I'm so sad! I love Sami and will miss her terribly. I wonder if this is the reason they took the Ejami story in this direction. Or is she leaving b/c she's not happy w/ the show? Like the chicken or the egg.

*sigh* I hope they leave an out for Sami to return if Ali chooses to. As much as I would hate to lose James too, I kinda hope they can write for EJ & Sami to ride off in the sunset somehow. I don't know if I can bear to watch EJ without his Samantha by his side.

Who knows Days may go off with her leaving but if it stays since Alison is leaving maybe they can try and get Peter Reckell back.

#4   2014/01/20 11:25PM
    tetra6655

Quote -Josie-:

This was her choice she wants to spend more time with her family now that her kids are getting older

#5   2014/01/20 11:30PM
    -Josie-

Quote tetra6655:
    Quote -Josie-:

This was her choice she wants to spend more time with her family now that her kids are getting older

Yes, but isn't it weird that she announces this so early? She's staying until the end of the year so what's the rush to say anything? I think her departure will be a big blow to the show.

#6   2014/01/21 12:32AM
    Rosieroserson

OMG, that's so terribly sad ..... Ejami will not be the same without her .... Do you think they'll recast Sami??? If not, then we know for sure that Ejami soon will belong to the past... I hope Alison changes her mind!!!!!! But I do understand her priorities.

#7   2014/01/21 03:45AM
    Days Dreamer

Wow! This is shocking news. Sami/Ali has been such a driving force on the show for good or bad. Assuming that Days makes it to its 50th anniversary, I thought she would stay on through that year. Guess something is up. Well, now we know why they are introducing Ejabby which has been compelling to watch. Will be interesting to see how the show does without her assuming it stays on. Well, I am sure we will see Ali in other venues. She seems to have a lot going on. Thanks for all Ali, and best wishes.

#8   2014/01/21 04:05AM
    fadingrose

I wish I hadn't read that SPOILER since I was planning to watch Alison today on Ellen and I don't mind being even unpleasantly "surprised." As a viewer who has followed followed "Sami's" ups and downs for over 20 years, I will miss her. But I congratulate Alison for deciding to do what is best for her OWN family, especially her children.

#9   2014/01/21 04:41AM
    HouseTops

I was waiting for this announcement!!!!

THIS SAD S/L MAKES SENSE NOW.....

So happy for AS. Is JS far behind????

Will have to watch Y & R more for Nick and Sharon...

#10   2014/01/21 05:39AM
    Jen821

Well if they think that Abigail can take the place of Sami and fill her shoes they are Wrong!! I have watched Alison from day one on Days and I will miss her. I had a feeling she would quit or retire sooner then she has with all she does outside of Days. I wish you all the best AS!!

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list