List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Hope and Aiden

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Hope and Aiden

Started by dancie at 2014/01/20 08:22AM
    Latest post: 2014/09/23 04:28AM, Views: 52221, Replies: 381
    « 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:
    #61   2014/01/31 07:57AM
    Re: Hope and Aiden
    dancie

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote dancie: It is early on in developing the s/l to be so bent out of shape with Aiden. He is starting out as a bit of a jerk, but kind of remember Hope feeling much the same about Bo in early days. If he is that protective of his child, if he pairs with Hope I should think will be that protective of her and her daughter as well, there is room her for him to mellow and us to see a softer side. I know everyone has own opinion , and agree with the one that thought maybe Hope and
    Rafe thing not a good pairing. Nice to get some new people in town that have not already slept with or lusted after half of the friends and family of the ones in Salem, just say a nice change to have an outsider. He at least seems to have more potential than some of the others they have brought on board. Enough already with the Gabbi thing. And yes know they are some that will be pro Gabbi. Would just like to give them some time to see where story can go.

Nice post, "dancie"! Think it DEFINIT$ELY will take more time although we can see the usual pattern here of bantering/turn-off first followed by the attraction/romance so we KNOW what the plan is here - the same it's always been!! From MY standpoint & others according to what I've been reading on this & other threads accepting this will very much depend on when & IF they explain Bo's absence respectfully to Bope & their "true" history! Also, is there any "strong/appealing" chemistry between Hope & Aiden & not just an arguring-move-to-romance pairing tptb are planning on? I also agree with the opinion it's so much better bringing in a new character to "test" for Hope than one who's been on a while & slept with half the cast!! We'll see how the writing & direction goes from here - has strong possibilities, imo, but a lot left to do in a quality, "acceptable" way & a WHOLE lot more development as far as chemistry, etc.!!

Thanks, appreciate everyone that posts opinions in respectful manner to other posters. I agree with many of the comments about respect for the Bope history. And also would like to see the writers not wear out same sad s/l used time and again over the years, but willing to see if they can do better job on this one, kind of feel like they owe us this much after the Carly thing the writers at the time put Bope fans through.

#62   2014/01/31 09:49AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote dancie: It is early on in developing the s/l to be so bent out of shape with Aiden. He is starting out as a bit of a jerk, but kind of remember Hope feeling much the same about Bo in early days. If he is that protective of his child, if he pairs with Hope I should think will be that protective of her and her daughter as well, there is room her for him to mellow and us to see a softer side. I know everyone has own opinion , and agree with the one that thought maybe Hope and
    Rafe thing not a good pairing. Nice to get some new people in town that have not already slept with or lusted after half of the friends and family of the ones in Salem, just say a nice change to have an outsider. He at least seems to have more potential than some of the others they have brought on board. Enough already with the Gabbi thing. And yes know they are some that will be pro Gabbi. Would just like to give them some time to see where story can go.

Nice post, "dancie"! Think it DEFINIT$ELY will take more time although we can see the usual pattern here of bantering/turn-off first followed by the attraction/romance so we KNOW what the plan is here - the same it's always been!! From MY standpoint & others according to what I've been reading on this & other threads accepting this will very much depend on when & IF they explain Bo's absence respectfully to Bope & their "true" history! Also, is there any "strong/appealing" chemistry between Hope & Aiden & not just an arguring-move-to-romance pairing tptb are planning on? I also agree with the opinion it's so much better bringing in a new character to "test" for Hope than one who's been on a while & slept with half the cast!! We'll see how the writing & direction goes from here - has strong possibilities, imo, but a lot left to do in a quality, "acceptable" way & a WHOLE lot more development as far as chemistry, etc.!!

Thanks, appreciate everyone that posts opinions in respectful manner to other posters. I agree with many of the comments about respect for the Bope history. And also would like to see the writers not wear out same sad s/l used time and again over the years, but willing to see if they can do better job on this one, kind of feel like they owe us this much after the Carly thing the writers at the time put Bope fans through.

You can say that again - they need to NEVER address that Carly disaster ever again!! That affair did more damage to DAYS than any one thing I can ever recall (they've had a lotta leans years recently but that one took them to the bottom first time ever & they're STILL trying to pull out)! Yes, it's up to the writers to use some creativity and do justice to the ALL popular characters (vets & newbies) & what made those vets popular. Utilize the show's (& characters') strengths and be sensitive to the audience and not force what the writers prefer! That HAS been a problem and not successful to the show as a result! Many don't trust the writers anymore & there's good reason but DAYS had such a loyal, devoted audience at one time "maybe" they'll attempt to reach them again (or realize what kept them when it WAS strong)! Book is still out on Hope & Aiden but potential is there for her to move on with SOMEONE if Bo's handled properly! Have enjoyed the comments on here - some from newer viewers & some, I suspect, from the long-term fans who still watch and some (like me) who don't watch but read the message boards and "would" come back with respectful treatment from tptb!

#63   2014/02/01 09:40PM
    dancie

I notice we talk about respect for the Bope history in writing but another problem I am having , may be it is not everyone's opinion but anyways..I have trouble with the Horton clan having all but diminished on the show anyway. Occasionally we see Julie, and there is Jen , Lucas comes and goes from the show, and then Nick, well enough said about him. Where is the support for that family as a whole, they were the ones the show centered around when it started and Hope is just kind of out there with the Dimera's and Brady's being pretty much all the show is about. Just saying seems like need to build Hope's family up out of respect for that history as well. Just because you mix a few Hortons in with the other two groups doesn't give weight to them keeping true to the Horton's who were the cog in the wheel in the beginning of the show.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/02/01 09:42PM
    #64   2014/02/02 04:59AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie: I notice we talk about respect for the Bope history in writing but another problem I am having , may be it is not everyone's opinion but anyways..I have trouble with the Horton clan having all but diminished on the show anyway. Occasionally we see Julie, and there is Jen , Lucas comes and goes from the show, and then Nick, well enough said about him. Where is the support for that family as a whole, they were the ones the show centered around when it started and Hope is just kind of out there with the Dimera's and Brady's being pretty much all the show is about. Just saying seems like need to build Hope's family up out of respect for that history as well. Just because you mix a few Hortons in with the other two groups doesn't give weight to them keeping true to the Horton's who were the cog in the wheel in the beginning of the show.

"dancie", again we totally agree! While Bope are my passion & the main reason I stayed in the viewing audience for 4 decades and were the most popular twosome of many popular ones over the years the Horton family has definitely been neglected & weakened tremendously on DAYS. They're the backbone & foundation of the show and where all the stability & strength came from. As long as they stayed in the forefront (along with the amazing couples with tru-love stories and centered around family) DAYS thrived! They, who were more prominent in statue, came first & joined later by another good, salt-of-the-earth blue-collar family, the Bradys!! Couldn't ask for a stronger mix and it kept the show on the top for years (again, with those awesome couples & creative, exciting sl's)! Now, not only has the creative writing gotten lost and tru-love has been replaced with casual sex & bedhopping they've replaced the Hortons & Brady's (a few are on but not the front & center feature like it was & should STILL be) with the crime family DiMera's who they're glamorize as heroes! Just not MY style and, of course, the waste of the best Bope that I passionately dwell on. Yes, the Horton's ARE missing and so is the show's once very popular status!!

#65   2014/02/02 11:10PM
    dancie

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote dancie: I notice we talk about respect for the Bope history in writing but another problem I am having , may be it is not everyone's opinion but anyways..I have trouble with the Horton clan having all but diminished on the show anyway. Occasionally we see Julie, and there is Jen , Lucas comes and goes from the show, and then Nick, well enough said about him. Where is the support for that family as a whole, they were the ones the show centered around when it started and Hope is just kind of out there with the Dimera's and Brady's being pretty much all the show is about. Just saying seems like need to build Hope's family up out of respect for that history as well. Just because you mix a few Hortons in with the other two groups doesn't give weight to them keeping true to the Horton's who were the cog in the wheel in the beginning of the show.

"dancie", again we totally agree! While Bope are my passion & the main reason I stayed in the viewing audience for 4 decades and were the most popular twosome of many popular ones over the years the Horton family has definitely been neglected & weakened tremendously on DAYS. They're the backbone & foundation of the show and where all the stability & strength came from. As long as they stayed in the forefront (along with the amazing couples with tru-love stories and centered around family) DAYS thrived! They, who were more prominent in statue, came first & joined later by another good, salt-of-the-earth blue-collar family, the Bradys!! Couldn't ask for a stronger mix and it kept the show on the top for years (again, with those awesome couples & creative, exciting sl's)! Now, not only has the creative writing gotten lost and tru-love has been replaced with casual sex & bedhopping they've replaced the Hortons & Brady's (a few are on but not the front & center feature like it was & should STILL be) with the crime family DiMera's who they're glamorize as heroes! Just not MY style and, of course, the waste of the best Bope that I passionately dwell on. Yes, the Horton's ARE missing and so is the show's once very popular status!!

I believe you summed it up very well. I tend to agree with all your observations about the changes that have taken place with Days.

#66   2014/02/04 09:55AM
    mauimama

Reading "previews" it looks as if we get the Hope/Aiden feud crap every other day - it was old the 2nd time they met so now it's into the "lather, rinse, repeat" mode! I'll be FF'ing thru that idiotic constant "I hate you" meetings between the 2 of them because it's just gonna be the same old drivel until the -- yea- you can see it coming - they're screaming at each other and he grabs her and kisses her to shut her up... how many times have we seen this played out? BORING with a capital B

#67   2014/02/04 07:31PM
    dancie

Quote mauimama: Reading "previews" it looks as if we get the Hope/Aiden feud crap every other day - it was old the 2nd time they met so now it's into the "lather, rinse, repeat" mode! I'll be FF'ing thru that idiotic constant "I hate you" meetings between the 2 of them because it's just gonna be the same old drivel until the -- yea- you can see it coming - they're screaming at each other and he grabs her and kisses her to shut her up... how many times have we seen this played out? BORING with a capital B

yes you are right, looks like a scene this thurs and one next week with more of the same. sure wish they would jazz it up a bit and head in a better direction.

#68   2014/02/05 05:59AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie:
    Quote mauimama: Reading "previews" it looks as if we get the Hope/Aiden feud crap every other day - it was old the 2nd time they met so now it's into the "lather, rinse, repeat" mode! I'll be FF'ing thru that idiotic constant "I hate you" meetings between the 2 of them because it's just gonna be the same old drivel until the -- yea- you can see it coming - they're screaming at each other and he grabs her and kisses her to shut her up... how many times have we seen this played out? BORING with a capital B

yes you are right, looks like a scene this thurs and one next week with more of the same. sure wish they would jazz it up a bit and head in a better direction.

Personally, as "mauimama" said, they're obviously trying to copy the old, worn-out style of arguing/bantering/dislike first & later followed by the attraction/romance which is how Bope did in their early stages (was GREAT for them at that time & their ages)!! However, now, at this time in their lives it just doesn't need to be that way imo! If they're bringing in a guy who looks opposite from Bo (as they should & he definitely does - handsome but not as rugged, tough, & masculine as Bo) they should also set the pairing up differently & not try to copy that either! No need to attempt that comparison - Hope & Aiden will have a tough enough time because nobody will ever compare to Bope on DAYS imo - these two need a different foundation - totally! I think it would be better for them having had former marriages to come together in a different way (thru their children has already started) but not having to be hated enemies first! With that being said & with this in motion already, chemistry is still the most important key which needs to develop to get the feel if there IS any. I hope that develops/establishes BEFORE they hit the sheets but not sure these writers can relate to that LOL!!

#69   2014/02/05 08:41AM
    dancie

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote dancie:

Personally, as "mauimama" said, they're obviously trying to copy the old, worn-out style of arguing/bantering/dislike first & later followed by the attraction/romance which is how Bope did in their early stages (was GREAT for them at that time & their ages)!! However, now, at this time in their lives it just doesn't need to be that way imo! If they're bringing in a guy who looks opposite from Bo (as they should & he definitely does - handsome but not as rugged, tough, & masculine as Bo) they should also set the pairing up differently & not try to copy that either! No need to attempt that comparison - Hope & Aiden will have a tough enough time because nobody will ever compare to Bope on DAYS imo - these two need a different foundation - totally! I think it would be better for them having had former marriages to come together in a different way (thru their children has already started) but not having to be hated enemies first! With that being said & with this in motion already, chemistry is still the most important key which needs to develop to get the feel if there IS any. I hope that develops/establishes BEFORE they hit the sheets but not sure these writers can relate to that LOL!!

He is an attorney right? She is a detective, plus the children issue so they have all kinds of possibilities to work with to bring these two together in a way that could be different and with some adventure to it.

#70   2014/02/05 10:15AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote dancie:

He is an attorney right? She is a detective, plus the children issue so they have all kinds of possibilities to work with to bring these two together in a way that could be different and with some adventure to it.

AND, which can't be emphasized too much, they HAVE to explain Bo's absence acceptably before any sparks fly (especially from Hope) if it's true to her character & Bope's history! I think that's all important for her future romance to be successful with the audience and I don't care how long "we" know Bo's been gone. They were that powerful and STILL the signature couple of DAYS to MANY!! That always needs to be dealt with respectfully to that incredible couple's legacy!! Then we'll see about Hope & Aiden's chemistry AND story content which is still "out there"!!

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list