List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Hope and Aiden

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Hope and Aiden

Started by dancie at 2014/01/20 08:22AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/18 12:31PM, Views: 55189, Replies: 393
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #41   2014/01/27 07:48PM
    Re: Hope and Aiden
    zuzu61

Quote dancie:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote dancie: I enjoyed reading all the posts. I have been a long time Bope fan but the Carly s/l just really left sour taste with me. But I could see them doing another death story to end things. Perhaps plane crashing , presumed dead thing they do so well on soaps, with it occurring while Bo is in route home to his fancey face and daughter. Might be a little easier to take knowing he was headed home to them. They need to do something as left this s/l hanging too long.I still am fan of Hope so just hope they fix things for her farther better than they accomplished in past few years.

I like this idea a WHOLE lot where Bo is trying to return home to his Fancy-face and Ciare - definitely would be easier to take & acceptable so their fans could actually enjoy watching Hope again (her grieving period should be believable but since Bo's been offscreen for over a year it wouldn't have to last all that long imo). I also like "3WishGenie's" suggestion where Bo dies and Aiden (who's lost his wife earlier) can try to be there for her. He's been such a jerk Hope could reject his interest at first and then soften during onscreen "grieving" time and they could slowly, & gradually develop into a romance (which would make complete sense to Bope's legend)! Anyway, hope they'll do something along these lines instead of an OOC, sour-note ending that is NOT likeable to their histories & to their fans & one where Hope is left as the rejected one - she may get sympathy from that but it certainly wouldn't strengthen her at all - quite the opposite! And one other thing about someone mentioning IF Bo ever returns & Hope having to deal with loving him or her new love I definitely could take Bo's return to Hope ANY day. However, I don't see that happening unless the writers changed their tunes & decided to write for him again - that's highly doubtful but I'd be willing to deal with it personally. Great, exciting, positive story potential there!

I agree with your thoughts about direction it should take with hope and aiden, do think could get things on the right track where bope fans would be more accepting of the situation with hope moving on with her life if the s/l regarding bo showed some compassion and regards for their history together.

This is the first s/l idea I feel I could accept and be OK with Hope moving on.. With BO on his way home to his Fancy Face and Baby Girl.

I didn't blame Bo for Billie and Carly as much as I was SICKENED by both these s/l's.. I was totally outraged with the writers/TPTB/TIIC..
    The SAME for Hope and John.. YUK!! Even if she was Princess Gina! PLUEASE give me a break.
    This is the one couple that should have STAYED together from beginning until the end and should have been the Alice and Tom of today and the future of DOOL.. JMHO.

IF they can give Bo a respectful exit, then I can watch Hope move on. Aiden is the ONLY Man I've been able to see her with besides BO. JMHO.

#42   2014/01/27 09:37PM
    Lialovessoaps

I wish they'd brought him back as the new Phillip. Hope is so boring she's going to ruin this.

#43   2014/01/28 12:25PM
    CindyHaskins

I love hope.I have to say that i don't see her has a boring character and she is not going to ruin this.i am glad that days of our live casted daniel cosgrove as aiden.and not has a philip recasted beside this one charcter that need to stay gone for good.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/28 12:27PM
    #44   2014/01/28 01:42PM
    mauimama

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote mauimama: Ya know, it makes no difference whatsoever what they do or don't do with BO (kill him off, re-cast, divorce by mail) the writing in on the wall - we could all see it the very second Aiden and Hope met -- same old tired boring s/l -- boy meets girl, boy and girl hate each other and constantly are at odds and then BANG! all of a sudden - they are "in love" -- I lost any "love" I had for Bo when he was involved with Carly this last go-round.. (wasn't overly fond of him and Billie either) so I don't see an "undying love" there on his part.

"mauimama", I totally respect your opinion, but many of us DO believe it DOES make a difference how they handle Bo's absence in regards to Hope moving on (I DO agree how they're setting her up with this new guy in typical, repeated style, however)! Thousands of Bope's fans, very obviously, left the show during the Carly fiasco which took the ratings to the cellar for the first time in DAYS' history & many haven't forgiven Bo (I had a difficult time, too, because it nearly destroyed his character permanently) but that writing team took him so far down by trying to force Bo with Carly over Bo with Hope. I, personally, believed it to be some promise they made to Crystal Chappell when they brought her on the show - that possibly she wouldn't be used as a tool to separate Bo & Hope for a while or something - who knows, but as hard as they tried & pushed they couldn't force it - it didn't sell - and they HAD to put Bo back with Hope even tho those writers weren't committed & it was a very fast,weak reunion story & not very heartfelt as it deserved & should've been. However, MANY of us choose to remember the Bope legendary tru-love story with was the heart & soul of DAYS for so many more decades than this plot-device mess with Carly ever was. Bope made such a positive impact on the show for SO LONG and they did part over a year ago as each other's true loves. I do feel the great majority of their fans want to remember them in that way & not the short-term disaster that tarnished them before reconciling after his nasty affair & ending them on a positive note to their TRUE history rather than another OOC bitter pill. Just speaking for myself &, apparently, many others. Who knows? They MAY bring back some of those lost viewers if proper respect is shown to that iconic supercouple!!

LuvBoHope-- I see what you're saying -- what I was saying is- no matter HOW TIIC do away with BO- it's all going to end up the same -- Hope hates Aiden and vice versa but they end up "in love"- it's a very tired story line -(GH is doing the same thing right now!) On a side note - I loved PR (but not happy with BO on many occasions) and his wife (in real life) was kind enough to help me locate a song of hers that I dearly love (the last time it was used on DAYS was the day that Lexie died!)

#45   2014/01/28 02:48PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote mauimama:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote mauimama: Ya know, it makes no difference whatsoever what they do or don't do with BO (kill him off, re-cast, divorce by mail) the writing in on the wall - we could all see it the very second Aiden and Hope met -- same old tired boring s/l -- boy meets girl, boy and girl hate each other and constantly are at odds and then BANG! all of a sudden - they are "in love" -- I lost any "love" I had for Bo when he was involved with Carly this last go-round.. (wasn't overly fond of him and Billie either) so I don't see an "undying love" there on his part.

"mauimama", I totally respect your opinion, but many of us DO believe it DOES make a difference how they handle Bo's absence in regards to Hope moving on (I DO agree how they're setting her up with this new guy in typical, repeated style, however)! Thousands of Bope's fans, very obviously, left the show during the Carly fiasco which took the ratings to the cellar for the first time in DAYS' history & many haven't forgiven Bo (I had a difficult time, too, because it nearly destroyed his character permanently) but that writing team took him so far down by trying to force Bo with Carly over Bo with Hope. I, personally, believed it to be some promise they made to Crystal Chappell when they brought her on the show - that possibly she wouldn't be used as a tool to separate Bo & Hope for a while or something - who knows, but as hard as they tried & pushed they couldn't force it - it didn't sell - and they HAD to put Bo back with Hope even tho those writers weren't committed & it was a very fast,weak reunion story & not very heartfelt as it deserved & should've been. However, MANY of us choose to remember the Bope legendary tru-love story with was the heart & soul of DAYS for so many more decades than this plot-device mess with Carly ever was. Bope made such a positive impact on the show for SO LONG and they did part over a year ago as each other's true loves. I do feel the great majority of their fans want to remember them in that way & not the short-term disaster that tarnished them before reconciling after his nasty affair & ending them on a positive note to their TRUE history rather than another OOC bitter pill. Just speaking for myself &, apparently, many others. Who knows? They MAY bring back some of those lost viewers if proper respect is shown to that iconic supercouple!!

LuvBoHope-- I see what you're saying -- what I was saying is- no matter HOW TIIC do away with BO- it's all going to end up the same -- Hope hates Aiden and vice versa but they end up "in love"- it's a very tired story line -(GH is doing the same thing right now!) On a side note - I loved PR (but not happy with BO on many occasions) and his wife (in real life) was kind enough to help me locate a song of hers that I dearly love (the last time it was used on DAYS was the day that Lexie died!)

Hey, "mauimama" I'm totally with you! I couldn't stand Bo during that period (never cared for him & Billie either except they DID believe Hope was dead as with Carly the first time around - NOBODY compares to Bope regardless of sl, however)! I really resented that writing team that paired Bo & Carly that last time, however, because there was NO undestandable reason for Bo to go so far as to have that in-your-face affair. I detested Bo, too. However, they HAD to bring Bope back because of fan reaction and as weakly as they did it Bo left town with Hope as his true love - the way it REALLY always was for the life of the show - and that's they way they should be remembered (their TRUE legend)! While I also agree how they're, obviously & predicably matching Hope with Aiden I could only support it if Bope received the respect that incredible couple deserves. BTW, that was so nice of Kelly to help you locate that song. Must be a truly nice person!

#46   2014/01/28 04:18PM
    mauimama

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote mauimama:
    Quote LuvBoHope:

Hey, "mauimama" I'm totally with you! I couldn't stand Bo during that period (never cared for him & Billie either except they DID believe Hope was dead as with Carly the first time around - NOBODY compares to Bope regardless of sl, however)! I really resented that writing team that paired Bo & Carly that last time, however, because there was NO undestandable reason for Bo to go so far as to have that in-your-face affair. I detested Bo, too. However, they HAD to bring Bope back because of fan reaction and as weakly as they did it Bo left town with Hope as his true love - the way it REALLY always was for the life of the show - and that's they way they should be remembered (their TRUE legend)! While I also agree how they're, obviously & predicably matching Hope with Aiden I could only support it if Bope received the respect that incredible couple deserves. BTW, that was so nice of Kelly to help you locate that song. Must be a truly nice person!

I hated the BO/Carly and Bo/Billie crap! Kelly M was so nice to me and the song was "One Last Wish" - I've played it a hundred times and bawled and bawled at the beautiful lyrics.. I think it's been used a couple times on older episodes but it was the 1st time I heard it.

#47   2014/01/29 02:17PM
    dancie

I wish I had of been insightful enough to have put no bashing on topic when created it due to my long time support for Bope and then hope when bo left show. But anyway just had more thoughts on how could give some kind of respectful closure on bope ending...just my own thoughts and everyone else welcome to theirs. So that all the time away that bo has spent is not for nothing, let's say while on his way home to fancy face and daughter his plan is sabotaged, I know old story line stuff, but that is because he is bring back all kinds of information that will blow the minds of those in salem. Ok, now plane could go down and bo persumed dead or misplaced in some twilight zone as often is case on soaps. But it could be sabotaged by Stephano Dimera as is uaualy the case or bring another mysterious villan into picture now. Yes, looks like a Hope and Aiden pairing but I could be okay with that, if they make it more exciting and adventurous by using this as a spring board for all kinds of new possibilities and s/l on the show. Could see our girl hope getting involved in discovering the secrets that Bo was bringing home. Just a thought.....

#48   2014/01/29 03:29PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie: I wish I had of been insightful enough to have put no bashing on topic when created it due to my long time support for Bope and then hope when bo left show. But anyway just had more thoughts on how could give some kind of respectful closure on bope ending...just my own thoughts and everyone else welcome to theirs. So that all the time away that bo has spent is not for nothing, let's say while on his way home to fancy face and daughter his plan is sabotaged, I know old story line stuff, but that is because he is bring back all kinds of information that will blow the minds of those in salem. Ok, now plane could go down and bo persumed dead or misplaced in some twilight zone as often is case on soaps. But it could be sabotaged by Stephano Dimera as is uaualy the case or bring another mysterious villan into picture now. Yes, looks like a Hope and Aiden pairing but I could be okay with that, if they make it more exciting and adventurous by using this as a spring board for all kinds of new possibilities and s/l on the show. Could see our girl hope getting involved in discovering the secrets that Bo was bringing home. Just a thought.....

A very insightful post, "dancie"!! All Bope fans need is respect to their beloved pair (NOT the last Carly disaster or his "loves" when he believed Hope was dead - those were plot devices & the last one was WAY overdone & a HUGE failure to Bope & DAYS)!! If Aiden is supposed to be her new love, then the writers need to treat Bope right & true to their REAL history over the course of the show & not expect fans to accept her with anyone else simply because Bo had an OOC affair THAT writing team tried to force! Bo SHOULD choose to come home to his wife & child as you mentioned here - so the rest is up to professional writing to the true history of this couple! THEN and "only" then do Hope & Aiden (or anyone else - not sold on Aiden myself yet) have a chance!!

#49   2014/01/29 03:35PM
    mauimama

I'm all for Hope moving on - if and when TIIC end BO respectfully (like he's on his way home but plane crashes, etc) but I do not like this Aiden at all. He's the last person I'd ever envision Hope being with! But of course that's not where the s/l is going - Even if they DO get to be besties - I cannot envision any chemistry, much less any passion with those two -not after seeing Hope with Bo and other men. He strikes me as one cold fish - in and out of bed! lol

#50   2014/01/29 04:29PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote mauimama: I'm all for Hope moving on - if and when TIIC end BO respectfully (like he's on his way home but plane crashes, etc) but I do not like this Aiden at all. He's the last person I'd ever envision Hope being with! But of course that's not where the s/l is going - Even if they DO get to be besties - I cannot envision any chemistry, much less any passion with those two -not after seeing Hope with Bo and other men. He strikes me as one cold fish - in and out of bed! lol

"mauimama", I'm SO on board with you about this guy, Aiden, with Hope. Just doesn't get it AT ALL after seeing her over the years with a tough, sexy guy like Bo. I can see trying to pair her with someone totally opposite from Bo - he IS that - but NO match for Hope!! Just an idea, but if they love Kristen so much and like this "pretty-boy" guy, put him with HER to test or anyone but Hope! They are NOT going to work successfully for the majority of the audience - can say that right now!! He's trying to be "tough" by attacking Hope but that's not appealing at all at their ages (that was cooler in their younger years), so he comes across as arrogant, a bully, & mean-spirited imo - NOT cool at all!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list