List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Hope and Aiden

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Hope and Aiden

Started by dancie at 2014/01/20 08:22AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/18 12:31PM, Views: 55306, Replies: 393
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:
    #31   2014/01/24 07:09AM
    Re: Hope and Aiden
    Undeniable T...

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote Undeniable Truth: The actor who portrays Aiden appears to be more talented than a lot of other new additions to the cast as of late. The interaction here between Hope and Aiden was well done. There's a good potential there.

I just can't accept it though until something is done about Bo, and I think my expectations of how he'll be addressed are too high at this point. I realize that Peter Reckell doesn't intend to come back, but there could still be a fantastic story spun to end Bope without his presence. Could have been done already. If they just end it with a divorce via postal service I may throw an enormous (albeit futile) hissy.

I'm completely with you on this post!! Checked out the show today for the first time in over a year just to see if Hope would be on with the new guy! He does seem to be very talented which they did need for her since she's so amazing and he's very handsome - she definitely deserves that too! However, there's still a lot more out there that's totally necessary before a relationship can work (they certainly are doing the usual thing having the bantering first, so this obviously is the plan)! They HAVE to have chemistry & sparks, which may develop, so that's still out there (especially since Bope had more than most of many pairings)! IMO NOTHING will be as good as Bope, but I'll give it a chance IF they deal with Bo's absence acceptably & true to him over the life of the show & the Bope tru-love story. Remember, Bo only "replaced" Hope when he believed her to be dead & gone but ALWAYS got back with her when she returned & it was not ever easy for him to move on. He grieved and Hope needs to do that too. And in explaining we all know Bo would NEVER not return to his wife & child, so he'd NOT do a long-distance, off-screen divorce - having him "choose" not to return is 100% UNACCEPTABLE!! To me that would be trashing Bo & I don't think that would be honest to his character & not pleasing to their fans! Some don't like the "believed dead" sl's BUT, in this case & at this point that's about all that would be believable about the "real" Bo. He could've been being held hostage while making his occasional phone calls and then assumed killed now. It HAS to be done for Hope's future relationships to make sense (yes, it should've been done before now, but it's as necessary as ever with a story brewing out there for her now)!!

I always liked the idea of giving his character a send off, even if the character doesn't appear onscreen. I honestly thought when John left town they'd turn it into one big story where Bo, while off sailing around the world chasing DiMera evidence, went missing and John and the gang went off to find him in the Mystery Machine or something. Something. Anything! He's been out chasing leads all this time and hasn't found anything yet?

If I'm going to be completely honest here, I'm not even a Bope fan. I used to be in the beginning. I got tired of seeing Hope replaced over the years (I'll accept a presumed death...one...but that's about it),and seeing how easily their "true love" was blown to smithereens each and every time a stress factor came up in their personal lives. Each time they picked up the pieces, it seemed to me like they missed a few more here and there. The last Carly romp did me in. I couldn't believe in them as a couple after that, but all of this is beside the point.

After everything...all the years between them as a couple, if this is the end of Bope the pairing deserves a final sendoff story. A good one. Not just FedEx and forget it. I don't want her moving on with Aiden, even though I am looking forward to seeing more of him...dare I say "them"? until it's over. The Bope fans, past and present, deserve it. The Soap gods practically demand it as far as I'm concerned.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/24 07:11AM
    #32   2014/01/24 09:22AM
    dazgonby

I just can't see killing Bo off...again...and letting Hope fall in love...again...just to make her fall out of love... again...to go back to Bo when he returns...again.
    I don't find that to be a good send off for Bo...that has been so over done.
    Do I have a better suggestion...could be, but then I am not the writers.

#33   2014/01/24 10:00AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote Undeniable Truth:
    Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote Undeniable Truth: The actor who portrays Aiden appears to be more talented than a lot of other new additions to the cast as of late. The interaction here between Hope and Aiden was well done. There's a good potential there.

I just can't accept it though until something is done about Bo, and I think my expectations of how he'll be addressed are too high at this point. I realize that Peter Reckell doesn't intend to come back, but there could still be a fantastic story spun to end Bope without his presence. Could have been done already. If they just end it with a divorce via postal service I may throw an enormous (albeit futile) hissy.

I'm completely with you on this post!! Checked out the show today for the first time in over a year just to see if Hope would be on with the new guy! He does seem to be very talented which they did need for her since she's so amazing and he's very handsome - she definitely deserves that too! However, there's still a lot more out there that's totally necessary before a relationship can work (they certainly are doing the usual thing having the bantering first, so this obviously is the plan)! They HAVE to have chemistry & sparks, which may develop, so that's still out there (especially since Bope had more than most of many pairings)! IMO NOTHING will be as good as Bope, but I'll give it a chance IF they deal with Bo's absence acceptably & true to him over the life of the show & the Bope tru-love story. Remember, Bo only "replaced" Hope when he believed her to be dead & gone but ALWAYS got back with her when she returned & it was not ever easy for him to move on. He grieved and Hope needs to do that too. And in explaining we all know Bo would NEVER not return to his wife & child, so he'd NOT do a long-distance, off-screen divorce - having him "choose" not to return is 100% UNACCEPTABLE!! To me that would be trashing Bo & I don't think that would be honest to his character & not pleasing to their fans! Some don't like the "believed dead" sl's BUT, in this case & at this point that's about all that would be believable about the "real" Bo. He could've been being held hostage while making his occasional phone calls and then assumed killed now. It HAS to be done for Hope's future relationships to make sense (yes, it should've been done before now, but it's as necessary as ever with a story brewing out there for her now)!!

I always liked the idea of giving his character a send off, even if the character doesn't appear onscreen. I honestly thought when John left town they'd turn it into one big story where Bo, while off sailing around the world chasing DiMera evidence, went missing and John and the gang went off to find him in the Mystery Machine or something. Something. Anything! He's been out chasing leads all this time and hasn't found anything yet?

If I'm going to be completely honest here, I'm not even a Bope fan. I used to be in the beginning. I got tired of seeing Hope replaced over the years (I'll accept a presumed death...one...but that's about it),and seeing how easily their "true love" was blown to smithereens each and every time a stress factor came up in their personal lives. Each time they picked up the pieces, it seemed to me like they missed a few more here and there. The last Carly romp did me in. I couldn't believe in them as a couple after that, but all of this is beside the point.

After everything...all the years between them as a couple, if this is the end of Bope the pairing deserves a final sendoff story. A good one. Not just FedEx and forget it. I don't want her moving on with Aiden, even though I am looking forward to seeing more of him...dare I say "them"? until it's over. The Bope fans, past and present, deserve it. The Soap gods practically demand it as far as I'm concerned.

Very nice post, "Undeniable"!! As a diehard Bope fan I appreciate your concern for their many fans! And, if you've read some of my numerous posts over time, you can see I totally detested the Carly fiasco - apparently, that "romp" did a WHOLE lot more in than you because it's the first time in the history of DAYS it hit rock bottom in the ratings (hasn't been able to dig out, unfortunately)!! That definitely tarnished Bope more than any other sl/plot device they'd ever done to keep Bope apart - took Bo totally OOC & into the gutter! They went WAY too far & too long forcing that pairing (Bo & Carly) before realizing it wasn't going to sell & then they weren't committed to bringing Bope back to their usual strength - they hurried them back together. With that being said they DID go back together & were getting back to their true characters when the writers refused to write decently for Bo and Peter chose to leave the show. SO, yes - they do need to end Bope in a favorable way & not pour more salt in that OLD wound which was SO VERY unpopular & OOC!! Why put mean, hateful closure on them? Why not make it heartwarming & true to their decades-long history where the fans can accept & support the new pairing for Hope? Anyway, I don't think these writers are intuned to anything "Bope", but it would surely be nice if they gave them something quality here as they end them! Thx for your comments for the long-term Bope lovers!

#34   2014/01/24 12:55PM
    3WishGenie

Thing is the options are slim for a decent Bope ending since Bo is no longer on screen. What we see now is Aiden being a jerk to Hope but if Bo dies, then he can soften towards her and be there. Could be that he lost his wife too and help her through her loss. This kind of progression would make sense to me.

#35   2014/01/24 01:29PM
    dazgonby

I can see that, but there has been so much about Jennifer not grieving long enough for Jack...how long would be a decent time for fans to accept that, it has already been a year wasted.
    That and the fact that down the road she would have to give up this love (if it came to that) when or if they brought Bo back from the dead.
    UGGGGH!

#36   2014/01/24 09:23PM
    dancie

I enjoyed reading all the posts. I have been a long time Bope fan but the Carly s/l just really left sour taste with me. But I could see them doing another death story to end things. Perhaps plane crashing , presumed dead thing they do so well on soaps, with it occurring while Bo is in route home to his fancey face and daughter. Might be a little easier to take knowing he was headed home to them. They need to do something as left this s/l hanging too long.I still am fan of Hope so just hope they fix things for her farther better than they accomplished in past few years.

#37   2014/01/25 04:50AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie: I enjoyed reading all the posts. I have been a long time Bope fan but the Carly s/l just really left sour taste with me. But I could see them doing another death story to end things. Perhaps plane crashing , presumed dead thing they do so well on soaps, with it occurring while Bo is in route home to his fancey face and daughter. Might be a little easier to take knowing he was headed home to them. They need to do something as left this s/l hanging too long.I still am fan of Hope so just hope they fix things for her farther better than they accomplished in past few years.

I like this idea a WHOLE lot where Bo is trying to return home to his Fancy-face and Ciare - definitely would be easier to take & acceptable so their fans could actually enjoy watching Hope again (her grieving period should be believable but since Bo's been offscreen for over a year it wouldn't have to last all that long imo). I also like "3WishGenie's" suggestion where Bo dies and Aiden (who's lost his wife earlier) can try to be there for her. He's been such a jerk Hope could reject his interest at first and then soften during onscreen "grieving" time and they could slowly, & gradually develop into a romance (which would make complete sense to Bope's legend)! Anyway, hope they'll do something along these lines instead of an OOC, sour-note ending that is NOT likeable to their histories & to their fans & one where Hope is left as the rejected one - she may get sympathy from that but it certainly wouldn't strengthen her at all - quite the opposite! And one other thing about someone mentioning IF Bo ever returns & Hope having to deal with loving him or her new love I definitely could take Bo's return to Hope ANY day. However, I don't see that happening unless the writers changed their tunes & decided to write for him again - that's highly doubtful but I'd be willing to deal with it personally. Great, exciting, positive story potential there!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/25 04:53AM
    #38   2014/01/25 10:26PM
    dancie

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote dancie: I enjoyed reading all the posts. I have been a long time Bope fan but the Carly s/l just really left sour taste with me. But I could see them doing another death story to end things. Perhaps plane crashing , presumed dead thing they do so well on soaps, with it occurring while Bo is in route home to his fancey face and daughter. Might be a little easier to take knowing he was headed home to them. They need to do something as left this s/l hanging too long.I still am fan of Hope so just hope they fix things for her farther better than they accomplished in past few years.

I like this idea a WHOLE lot where Bo is trying to return home to his Fancy-face and Ciare - definitely would be easier to take & acceptable so their fans could actually enjoy watching Hope again (her grieving period should be believable but since Bo's been offscreen for over a year it wouldn't have to last all that long imo). I also like "3WishGenie's" suggestion where Bo dies and Aiden (who's lost his wife earlier) can try to be there for her. He's been such a jerk Hope could reject his interest at first and then soften during onscreen "grieving" time and they could slowly, & gradually develop into a romance (which would make complete sense to Bope's legend)! Anyway, hope they'll do something along these lines instead of an OOC, sour-note ending that is NOT likeable to their histories & to their fans & one where Hope is left as the rejected one - she may get sympathy from that but it certainly wouldn't strengthen her at all - quite the opposite! And one other thing about someone mentioning IF Bo ever returns & Hope having to deal with loving him or her new love I definitely could take Bo's return to Hope ANY day. However, I don't see that happening unless the writers changed their tunes & decided to write for him again - that's highly doubtful but I'd be willing to deal with it personally. Great, exciting, positive story potential there!

I agree with your thoughts about direction it should take with hope and aiden, do think could get things on the right track where bope fans would be more accepting of the situation with hope moving on with her life if the s/l regarding bo showed some compassion and regards for their history together.

#39   2014/01/27 03:58PM
    mauimama

Ya know, it makes no difference whatsoever what they do or don't do with BO (kill him off, re-cast, divorce by mail) the writing in on the wall - we could all see it the very second Aiden and Hope met -- same old tired boring s/l -- boy meets girl, boy and girl hate each other and constantly are at odds and then BANG! all of a sudden - they are "in love" -- I lost any "love" I had for Bo when he was involved with Carly this last go-round.. (wasn't overly fond of him and Billie either) so I don't see an "undying love" there on his part.

#40   2014/01/27 06:42PM
    LuvBoHope

Quote mauimama: Ya know, it makes no difference whatsoever what they do or don't do with BO (kill him off, re-cast, divorce by mail) the writing in on the wall - we could all see it the very second Aiden and Hope met -- same old tired boring s/l -- boy meets girl, boy and girl hate each other and constantly are at odds and then BANG! all of a sudden - they are "in love" -- I lost any "love" I had for Bo when he was involved with Carly this last go-round.. (wasn't overly fond of him and Billie either) so I don't see an "undying love" there on his part.

"mauimama", I totally respect your opinion, but many of us DO believe it DOES make a difference how they handle Bo's absence in regards to Hope moving on (I DO agree how they're setting her up with this new guy in typical, repeated style, however)! Thousands of Bope's fans, very obviously, left the show during the Carly fiasco which took the ratings to the cellar for the first time in DAYS' history & many haven't forgiven Bo (I had a difficult time, too, because it nearly destroyed his character permanently) but that writing team took him so far down by trying to force Bo with Carly over Bo with Hope. I, personally, believed it to be some promise they made to Crystal Chappell when they brought her on the show - that possibly she wouldn't be used as a tool to separate Bo & Hope for a while or something - who knows, but as hard as they tried & pushed they couldn't force it - it didn't sell - and they HAD to put Bo back with Hope even tho those writers weren't committed & it was a very fast,weak reunion story & not very heartfelt as it deserved & should've been. However, MANY of us choose to remember the Bope legendary tru-love story with was the heart & soul of DAYS for so many more decades than this plot-device mess with Carly ever was. Bope made such a positive impact on the show for SO LONG and they did part over a year ago as each other's true loves. I do feel the great majority of their fans want to remember them in that way & not the short-term disaster that tarnished them before reconciling after his nasty affair & ending them on a positive note to their TRUE history rather than another OOC bitter pill. Just speaking for myself &, apparently, many others. Who knows? They MAY bring back some of those lost viewers if proper respect is shown to that iconic supercouple!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list