List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Days of Our Lives - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Days of Our Lives Forum :: Hope and Aiden

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Hope and Aiden

Started by dancie at 2014/01/20 08:22AM
    Latest post: 2014/10/18 12:31PM, Views: 54920, Replies: 393
    « 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 » »| page:
    #231   2014/05/11 09:48PM
    Re: Hope and Aiden
    dancie

Quote LuvBoHope:
    Quote fadingrose:
    Quote Sunlover127: I am finding that the longer I watch DOOL, I am enjoying Hope's and Aiden's characters "play" off one another.

I have liked how the writers have had Hope and Aiden go from being enemies to developing into friends with mutual respect, an understanding of one another's issues of being a single parent and maybe even a little attraction to one another. (and maybe eventually.....more than just friends.)

I agree that there needs to be closure with Bo in order for Hope to really move on with anyone else. I hope that the writers are planning to do something with Bo soon.

And, I like that the writers are taking their time building the Hope and Aiden relationship! I think they are being true to Hope's character and her love for Bo by having her NOT hop into bed with another man.

I think this storyline has potential.

Bravo! That, to me, is a brilliant, short-and-sweet analysis of the Hope & Aiden situation. Those of us who would like to see that relationship become stronger and more personal ALMOST ALWAYS add the condition that the Bope love story must firs be respectfully resolved. I, for one, am getting weary of approving of that same old lament over and over again and sometimes nearly word-for-word. Obviously TPTB don't care one little bit, and now I'm out of patience and will let more dedicated fans continue the fight without my input.

I loved "Sunlover's" brilliant short & sweet post as well and ALWAYS welcome another viewers' input on my very passionate concern about my all time faves, Bope!! I also appreciate interest in Hope's future (and if Aiden's the one & they'll write for her with him, that's great! She's been on the backburner - even the last years with Bo - for much too long)! I KNOW my comments are relentless & repetitious - have admitted that since starting my rant over a year ago - but there's really nothing to vary here - it's the same message and a very simple one (handle Bo's absence properly BEFORE Hope falls in love with another - simply quit trashing Bo to build up Aiden which is precisely what they're doing). They may not "care" and I agree with that, but it WILL hurt Hope (certainly won't help) if they don't handle Bope's closure favorably! That's jmho but I believe to be spot on! And until that happens (still a speck of hope) I'll try to keep pushing even if alone and "word for word" the same. Appreciate your support but don't expect everyone to "approve the same old lament over & over" - I know it gets tiring to many! But I'll keep trying (has to end soon because they can't keep couples out of bed for long with this writing team) - MAY catch the eye of someone who could make a difference & do Bope the justice they so deserve!

I agree so much with most of what each of you said , and I understand that lamenting over the same issues does not seem to be having the desired effect of getting tptb to make changes most of us viewers keep asking for with the bope s/l. I am kind of liking the hope and aiden pairing and see some potential in it for them as a couple. Wish it could be done again respectful to bope but alas the squeaky wheel has just squeaked on and on to no avail. I believe the writers are something like 3 months out in what has already been taped , so I was hoping that the writers or tptb read comments posted here to get a feel for how to make most viewers more content with the show, not sure it is having much effect so all I can do is hope.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/11 09:50PM
    #232   2014/05/12 03:42AM
    fadingrose

I will continue to support anyone who agrees that (1) Bo and Bope desperately need a respectful closure before (2) Hope can believably "move on" with anyone (and I like the idea that Aiden may be the one!)
    Thank you, LuvBoHpe, for your "leadership" on this issue. Surely TPTB must be aware of fan feedback, but they don't seem to agree that our opinions matter enough to affect decisions made in the corporate offices. I believe that's an important reason why DOOL has remained in the ratings cellar for so long.

#233   2014/05/12 05:01AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote fadingrose: I will continue to support anyone who agrees that (1) Bo and Bope desperately need a respectful closure before (2) Hope can believably "move on" with anyone (and I like the idea that Aiden may be the one!)
    Thank you, LuvBoHpe, for your "leadership" on this issue. Surely TPTB must be aware of fan feedback, but they don't seem to agree that our opinions matter enough to affect decisions made in the corporate offices. I believe that's an important reason why DOOL has remained in the ratings cellar for so long.

Don't think there's any question it's the MAIN reason DOOL has remained in the ratings cellar!!

#234   2014/05/17 11:16AM
    dancie

I welcome any changes to Hope's sl , so at least she is getting some more airtime lately , not just popping up on Thursdays mainly. And beginning to see her outside of just the sl with Aiden, so at least she is getting some more screen time.

#235   2014/05/17 12:10PM
    Posmama

Everyone take heart. Let's remember the famous words of Alice Horton and " have faith". Day's scenes are about 4 months ahead of filming. It could already be happening. It almost seems like they were giving Peter time to change his mind. If he's not coming back now then they really have no choice but to write an end to the Bo and Hope. They have already been giving Hope and Aiden more air time even without one another. Remember John's promise to Hope....he promised no matter what he hears about Bo he will keep her informed. To me that was a setup for something that's going to happen. They probably had to move these other stories out of the way first... Nick is gone. Gabby, Sammy and EJ are on the way out. This will open up more possibilities. Nick who was here for only about a minute got to die in Julie's arms. If they didn't care about Bo why do they still bring his name up so often. If they wanted us to just forget about don't you think that they would stop bringing his name up? A proper goodbye is bound to happen but just like everything else in soap opera land ... It's never going to happen in our desired time schedule.

#236   2014/05/17 01:55PM
    fadingrose

Quote Posmama: Everyone take heart. Let's remember the famous words of Alice Horton and " have faith". Day's scenes are about 4 months ahead of filming. It could already be happening. It almost seems like they were giving Peter time to change his mind. If he's not coming back now then they really have no choice but to write an end to the Bo and Hope. They have already been giving Hope and Aiden more air time even without one another. Remember John's promise to Hope....he promised no matter what he hears about Bo he will keep her informed. To me that was a setup for something that's going to happen. They probably had to move these other stories out of the way first... Nick is gone. Gabby, Sammy and EJ are on the way out. This will open up more possibilities. Nick who was here for only about a minute got to die in Julie's arms. If they didn't care about Bo why do they still bring his name up so often. If they wanted us to just forget about don't you think that they would stop bringing his name up? A proper goodbye is bound to happen but just like everything else in soap opera land ... It's never going to happen in our desired time schedule.

Sorry, but I may have been snoozing when "they" have supposedly kept bringing up Bo's name over the past few months. The last reference to Bo I remember was when John returned to Salem with Bo's mysterious letter to Hope. That was some time ago--and by the way, I wonder where John's been hanging out. His well-publicized return has so far amounted to nothing of significance, but I think there's a spoiler that suggests he makes another appearance next week (if anyone cares).

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/17 01:58PM
    #237   2014/05/19 09:08PM
    dancie

Sometimes skim through some of the other topics and messages, especially if it relates to Hope. Everyone gets their opinion, but the comments about her playing her cop scene as smug and whatever the other phrases were, just don't seem to run true to her character. She is just doing what story line requires like so many actors have done that one has taken offense to at times in the past or even now. Which leads me to a rant about the past sl that set so much of the disappointment in place with the bope fans. Not dissing the actors for playing the parts that were written for them at the time of the carli fiasco. My grievance is and always has been with the sl itself regarding carli. It would have mattered little to me if had of been any couple that had got that sl at the time. It would have just have hacked one off regardless, but since it was my favorite couple well , yes that made it worse at least for me. That they could write a sl where a couple is seperated but in all probability it seems could work out their issues and remain an even stronger couple was given a slap in the face by Bo moving in C who set up shop in their home , and in their bed ASAP. I have heard all the comments from both sides of camp on what part bo and hope played in the problems that lead to this happening , but basically it was just the sl in the end ,wasn't it. JMO but it was a slap in the face to most couples and especially women who have dealt with infidelity in a relationship, and the way they left it unfinished and in a mess before Bo left the show. I think the reason it remains a thorn in the side is because of this. A feeling of total disrespect and disregards for the fans. Of course I may be wrong but like I said JMO.

#238   2014/05/20 03:43AM
    fadingrose

So we've finally got Hope doing her job of being a "True Detective" However, considering her close relationship with so many of the possible suspects, she should have "recused herself" from the case. Otherwise, she risks allowing any personal bias toward or against any suspect to affect both her investigation and her questioning technique.

If Hope is supposed to be the ONLY skilled detective on the Salem PD, no wonder so many characters have gotten away with 'crimes," both minor and major...

Oh, this thread is about "Hope and Aiden," so I'll add a comment about a spoiler I saw, implying that Hope is annoyed with Aiden about something or other. If it was that Aiden was hired by Gabi to draw up a proposed custody agreement regarding Ari, he IS a lawyer, following his client's wishes. Hope would have no right to blame Aiden for the terms of the proposal and he must respect the confidentiality of his client/lawyer discussions.(Of course it might have something else that "annoyed" her....)

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/20 03:48AM
    #239   2014/05/20 04:31AM
    LuvBoHope

Quote dancie: Sometimes skim through some of the other topics and messages, especially if it relates to Hope. Everyone gets their opinion, but the comments about her playing her cop scene as smug and whatever the other phrases were, just don't seem to run true to her character. She is just doing what story line requires like so many actors have done that one has taken offense to at times in the past or even now. Which leads me to a rant about the past sl that set so much of the disappointment in place with the bope fans. Not dissing the actors for playing the parts that were written for them at the time of the carli fiasco. My grievance is and always has been with the sl itself regarding carli. It would have mattered little to me if had of been any couple that had got that sl at the time. It would have just have hacked one off regardless, but since it was my favorite couple well , yes that made it worse at least for me. That they could write a sl where a couple is seperated but in all probability it seems could work out their issues and remain an even stronger couple was given a slap in the face by Bo moving in C who set up shop in their home , and in their bed ASAP. I have heard all the comments from both sides of camp on what part bo and hope played in the problems that lead to this happening , but basically it was just the sl in the end ,wasn't it. JMO but it was a slap in the face to most couples and especially women who have dealt with infidelity in a relationship, and the way they left it unfinished and in a mess before Bo left the show. I think the reason it remains a thorn in the side is because of this. A feeling of total disrespect and disregards for the fans. Of course I may be wrong but like I said JMO.

JMO also. This is a great post! You're so right about how all this was handled since the "Carly fiasco" - poorly written taken these amazing, established characters totally OOC (Bo for reacting to/doing what he did and Hope for accepting him back so easily without ANY discussion whatsoever - NEITHER would've had happened had they been kept true to character). Also, Bo's neglected exit/absence with NO believable/acceptable ONSCREEN handling has been pathetic and now having Hope just "move on" with another while still married KNOWING Bo's in danger protecting them as if it's okay because it's been so long is ludicrous. It's ALL about the disrespect & disregard for these characters who were the driving force of the show's MANY years of success AND their fans who they just tossed aside without any care or concern. BAD business and it had definitely shown in the ratings ever since!! Loved this post because it's on the money!!

#240   2014/05/20 07:43AM
    CindyHaskins

I for one have to say that hope has ever right to be working on this case about who killed nick.no matter what her relationship is toward the suspect.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/05/20 07:45AM
    « 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list